Author Topic: Collective Bargaining  (Read 12038 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Collective Bargaining
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2011, 08:43:13 PM »
You still haven't answered the question.  What do YOU think the issue is??  Not what sirs thinks or Cu4 thinks.  What do YOU think the issue is?

Sure I did

asked and answered.....You are a big supporter of money=speech and certainly dem money spends as well as gop money so why the problem with how the unions achieve their goals? Seems you are being inconsistent, demonizing one group of contributors but not the other

Yea, I see where you misrepresented my position.  Is THAT the issue??  How.....sirs doesn't see the issue??  Is your stance in this thread, that weak?

Here's a hint...it has nothing to do with protests, or even that folks shouldn't have a right to form a union, or seek out the best benefits they can get as union members.  Now, let's see if you can get to the real issue, from that point
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »
For those who can't read. This is what the link led to:

The real issue is whether public employees should have the right to collectively bargain.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2011, 08:47:46 PM »
No wonder.....that's NOT the real issue in play here
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2011, 08:50:48 PM »
Did you not just ask me what i thought the real issue was?

Why yes you did

You still haven't answered the question.  What do YOU think the issue is??  Not what sirs thinks or Cu4 thinks.  What do YOU think the issue is?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »
I just reread it and to me it was a question what`s wrong with removing colective bargaining from the private sector and it doesn`t seem like that question was directly answered.

my answer is it`s a tool amoung many by the unit to get the best for the workers. but I think removal should net be done,but instead safe guards should be in place to prevent harm to the government.

ex. police contract overtime can be done as long as it ONLY show a profit for the government. overtime is not a RIGHT and should not be a a RIGHT,

contract overtime is when a public event in a city is made and OFF-DUTY officers are hired to do security. the problem with this is that collective bargaining has these offoicers doing overtime and these hours count toward retirement. which means the government will lose money having these officiers work these events.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »
The real issue is whether public employees should have the right to collectively bargain.

BT there is no issue involving "collective bargaining".
The people elected the Gov to tell the truth.
There is no more money for these "sweet deals".
It's not brain surgery....there is no immoral printing press in Wisconsin.
They can collective bargain....but the Gov is telling them the party is over.
They want to retire?....Let 'em.....I'd fire everyone one of them that stays out.
The state will survive....these terror tactics need to be clearly shown wont work
Reagan fired the Air Traffic Controllers.......how'd they like them apples?
Most of the teachers will come back anyway...once they realize the terror isnt gonna work.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
Most of the teachers will come back anyway...once they realize the terror isnt gonna work.

this I have serious doubts, it more like a nightmare weening process the good ones will goto the private sector and the idealistic and badones will comeback to work. remember they don`t choose thier students parents. this has alot more weight than benefits.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2011, 01:25:02 AM »
It is a little difficult to replace every teacher in an entire state, or even every tenth teacher. And the next year, those that can leave, will leave. The students that Wisconsin subsidizes in its state colleges and universities will go elsewhere rather than teach where they are treated like serfs.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2011, 01:53:32 AM »
don`t forget quite afew teachers who go to private school actually get less pay. it`s worth a paycut sometimes to have more receptive students sometimes. As far as I can remember I never once recall teachers in the surplus catagory. I have doubts it`s wise to ever say to a teacher thiey should be  happy to have a job.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2011, 02:25:22 AM »
http://privateschool.about.com/od/salaries/qt/salaries.htm

Teaching via  media and internet is growing , crowding the kids into schools is so 19th century.

My Union is forbidden to strike , our work is too important .

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2011, 03:38:25 AM »
Private schools have had to compete for a smaller pool of well-qualified teachers

can we honestly say we have a pro-teacher culture

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2011, 07:26:55 AM »
The sky is not falling. For the first time in history, the average annual compensation
for a teacher in the Milwaukee Public School system will exceed $100,000.  The average
salary for an Milwaukee Public School teacher is $56,500. When fringe benefits are factored
in, the annual compensation will be $100,005 in 2011. Sorry the people of Wisconsin
don't have the money and voted in this Governor to clean up the budget mess the former
Democrat governor left the state in. The sky is falling is not reality and is not going to work.

Average MPS Compensation Tops $100k!

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2011, 11:11:54 AM »
interesting

As I stated earlier I`m all for retaining teachers but 68% student pass rate is really gonna be hard to justify the cost.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »

BT there is no issue involving "collective bargaining".
The people elected the Gov to tell the truth.
There is no more money for these "sweet deals".
It's not brain surgery....there is no immoral printing press in Wisconsin.
They can collective bargain....but the Gov is telling them the party is over.
They want to retire?....Let 'em.....I'd fire everyone one of them that stays out.
The state will survive....these terror tactics need to be clearly shown wont work
Reagan fired the Air Traffic Controllers.......how'd they like them apples?

So, we have Wisconson appearing to try and do away with it, and we have a possible CA proposition that may be giving that option to the voters.  Why is this bad?  Intiially it was a noble and appropriate endeavor within the private sector, in order to prevent those "types" of employers, management, and corporations, from trying to severely take advantage of their employees.  Unions have their place.......in the private sector

We're not talking Private sector here.  We're talking Public Employee unions.  Those that are employed by the government, and payed for by tax payers.   It is precisely the cushy union facilitated perks, salaries, and benefits, with pension plans that put nearly every employee in the private sector to shame, that was "ok" when the economy was humming.  Low and behold, when the economy tanked, guess who's been stuck with the bar tab as these lucrative public union salary & pension plans still need to be paid for......the tax payers.  While the private sector continues to lay off thousands upon thousands, and 401k's have been decimated, GOVERNMENT jobs, under Obama have actually increased, with all their cushy salaries, free healthcare, and pension plans that we, the tax payers, still legally have to pay for

So, what's wrong with Collective Bargaining being done away with, for Public Employees, given the state of current reality and our economy? Does Greece ring a bell for anyone?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
BT...when I said there was no issue involving collective bargaining
I was referring to the reality in Wisconsin not Sirs opinion