Author Topic: What will it take to get through to you people?  (Read 4503 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What will it take to get through to you people?
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:02:13 AM »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: What will it take to get through to you people?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 03:28:22 AM »
What was so horrible about what she said.

Actual quotes would be nice instead of showing a laundry list of pundits who have already made their choice about how afraid they are of Palin.

richpo64

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »
Oh Brother.

You know, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what she says. Liberals are determined to hate her because she makes fools of them by just being on the ticket.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 01:55:52 PM »
LOL....Jack Cafferty, the fella Brass has conceded is just like Hannity, Olberman, Krystol.  What will it take to get thru to Brass how biased and partisan Cafferty is, I wonder??      :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Knutey

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »
Oh Brother.

You know, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what she says. Liberals are determined to hate her because she makes fools of them by just being on the ticket.

richpo64

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »
Is knutty jacking off or just having a seizure?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »

Actual quotes would be nice instead of showing a laundry list of pundits who have already made their choice about how afraid they are of Palin.

Too scared to watch the video?  I understand completely.  It was so horribly cringe-inducing.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 09:43:13 PM »

Too scared to watch the video?  I understand completely.  It was so horribly cringe-inducing.

I've watched all ten minutes of it repeatedly.

Now you want to give me specifics about her responses that you think are so horrible?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
What was so horrible about what she said was that she said nothing about the Bailout Bill at all. She instead decided to address the passage of some other imaginary bill that was all about job creation and helping families that had nothing to do with the Bailout Bill.

Instead of addressing the question, she spouted a Laundry List of Good Things that Everyone Should Like. She dodged each and every point of the Bailout Bill, as though she was utterly clueless as to what was in it. We can only assume that this was the case.

It was about 5% better than her saying "The dog ate my homework"

I think the theme song for this sort of thing is "The roses that bloom in the Spring, tra la, have nothing to do with the case," from a Gilbert and Sullivan musical.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Knutey

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 11:51:39 AM »
Is knutty jacking off or just having a seizure?

The humorless wouldnt know.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 12:39:12 PM »
What was so horrible about what she said was that she said nothing about the Bailout Bill at all. She instead decided to address the passage of some other imaginary bill that was all about job creation and helping families that had nothing to do with the Bailout Bill.

It is obvious you did not watch the video. She answered the question asked, which was what did she think of re-purposing the money from wall street to main street.

Perhaps you are better served getting your info from the source instead of relying on third hand analysis from Brass or promo soundbites advertising CBS News.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 02:37:56 PM »
She didn't answer the question at all. She offered a passel of glittering generalities.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 02:41:39 PM »
LOL....what politician doesn't??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 02:45:42 PM »
Hers glittered more, and were more general.

I am unimpressed by anything she has said so far. She is good at saying nothing rather well.

She has shut up about that bridge and selling the plane on e-bay, which were not quite true. That is a plus.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »

I've watched all ten minutes of it repeatedly.

Now you want to give me specifics about her responses that you think are so horrible?

A) There's no coherent thought behind the words that come out of her mouth.

B) She's checking her note cards.

C) This is utter BS, BT.  If this was anyone else in politics, I'd come to the same conclusions and consider someone who responded to a direct question about a specific subject in this long, rambly, nonsensical manner.  I'm moving towards utter contempt for your attempts at Rovian BS.  You think by asking me to give you specifics about her "responses" that when I don't give you some kind of specific negative about what is tantamount to a highschool freshman cheerleader trying to pack a bunch of words into a response about the bailout that means that I am just throwing stones at a perceived opponent.

I'm not.  The thought of Palin being behind the Resolute Desk in the event of another 9.11 makes my hands shake.  And frankly, I find it suspect and insulting that you are trying to appear that it doesn't trouble you in the slightest.