Author Topic: Ayers Prosecutor Calls "BS" on Obama Connection  (Read 4576 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ayers Prosecutor Calls "BS" on Obama Connection
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:23:13 PM »
October 10, 2008
Letter
Prosecuting Weathermen

To the Editor:

Re “Politics of Attack” (editorial, Oct. 8) and “Obama and ’60s Bomber: A Look Into Crossed Paths” (front page, Oct. 4):

As the lead federal prosecutor of the Weathermen in the 1970s (I was then chief of the criminal division in the Eastern District of Michigan and took over the Weathermen prosecution in 1972), I am amazed and outraged that Senator Barack Obama is being linked to William Ayers’s terrorist activities 40 years ago when Mr. Obama was, as he has noted, just a child.

Although I dearly wanted to obtain convictions against all the Weathermen, including Bill Ayers, I am very pleased to learn that he has become a responsible citizen.

Because Senator Obama recently served on a board of a charitable organization with Mr. Ayers cannot possibly link the senator to acts perpetrated by Mr. Ayers so many years ago.

I do take issue with the statement in your news article that the Weathermen indictment was dismissed because of “prosecutorial misconduct.” It was dismissed because of illegal activities, including wiretaps, break-ins and mail interceptions, initiated by John N. Mitchell, attorney general at that time, and W. Mark Felt, an F.B.I. assistant director.

William C. Ibershof

Mill Valley, Calif., Oct. 8, 2008

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/10/opinion/l10ayers.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&ref=opinion&pagewanted=print

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ayers Prosecutor Calls "BS" on Obama Connection
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 02:36:04 PM »
Personally, I feel delighted when the Insane-Barbie campaign goes on the offensive against Rev. Wright and now Bill Ayers.  It's as if each of those two racist clowns had gone and painted "I AM DESPERATE" in red nail polish across their foreheads.  It's like watching two screaming fanatics on the deck of a sinking ship, everyone else running around looking for life preservers but they're still screaming over the rail, "Wright!!!"  "Ayers!!" and "I was a POW you bastards!!!"  I mean you just KNOW they are going down.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 10:33:45 PM »
Because Senator Obama recently served on a board of a charitable organization with Mr. Ayers cannot possibly link the senator to acts perpetrated by Mr. Ayers so many years ago.

Strawman.

No one is saying Obama is a weatherman sympathizer and if they are they are idiots.

What they are saying is Obama has a bad habit of not being completely truthful about his relationships.

I mean this started with Obama saying Ayers was just some guy in the neighborhood.

Methinks Obama's ambition got in the way of being true to the truth.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:05 PM »
What they are saying is Obama has a bad habit of not being completely truthful about his relationships.

I mean this started with Obama saying Ayers was just some guy in the neighborhood.

======================================================================

Sorry but you are dead wrong.  When McSame or Palin raise Obama's relationship with Ayers at their rallies, there is a huge chorus of boos and shouts of Kill Him!  Terrorist! etc.

The fans are definitely getting the message that Obama is a very sinister, dangerous, America-hating black-assed motherfucker.  That's where all the hate is coming from - - racism and fascism.  That's where "Kill him!" and "Traitor!" are coming from.

This is not a message of "there's less than full disclosure here."  Full disclosure or the lack thereof is not something that excites the passions the way "Terrorist" and "traitor" do.  THAT is McCain-Palin's message, that's what's sent and that's what's received.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 11:33:11 PM »
The fans are definitely getting the message that Obama is a very sinister, dangerous, America-hating black-assed motherfucker.  That's where all the hate is coming from - - racism and fascism.  That's where "Kill him!" and "Traitor!" are coming from.

Was nixon dangerous?

How about Bush?

Both people you consider less than truthful.

Obama has a credibility issue.

Ayers is NOT just some guy in the neighborhood.

He very possibly is why Obama is where he is right now.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 12:45:44 AM »
<<Ayers is NOT just some guy in the neighborhood.

<<He very possibly is why Obama is where he is right now.>>

Nope.   Obama is why Obama is where he is right now.

Nobody has any magic wand, least of all Ayers.  Obama's a smart guy with a huge ambition.  If not Ayers, someone else would have given him a leg up.  Obama's magic.  Lots of people would fight for a piece of it.

I'll pass on the credibility issue.  First of all because it's a fake issue.  No one really expects the kind of credibility from a politician such that he won't try to spin, to minimize unfavourable associations and that's all that Obama's been guilty of.   Ayers is news for only one reason, and it has nothing to do with credibility: it's for the smear value, the muck value. 

Ayers' name is invoked at McSame/Palin rallies for only one purpose, as is evident from the response; to whip up violent hatred against Obama.  Be honest - - you hear those boos, those shouts, "Kill him!" "Traitor!" etc.  These aren't folks upset at a lack of candor.  When the issue is lack of candor, the audience reaction is derisive laughter mixed with boos.  Not "kill him" and not "traitor."  These are folks who have bought into the campaign's picture of Obama as terrorist, as Muslim, as enemy of America.  First Ayers' picture is painted, then it's associated with Obama.  Obama is Ayers, Ayers is the enemy.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 11:54:52 AM »

Was nixon dangerous? 

By his actions, he was very dangerous. How many people died needlessly while the Vietmnam War went on and on. The results were the same as they would have been had he withdrawn in 1969.
==================================

How about Bush?

He mongered a war. Almost 4,000 dead American troops, at least 28,000 seriously wounded, 4.5 mi;llion Iaqis driven from their homes, the US economy in shambles. Lots more dangerous to me than any normal mugging. Lots worse
---------------------------------------------
Both people you consider less than truthful.

Obama has not lied. He says he knew Ayres and he did.

Nothing he did with Ayes presents any danger to anyone, because nothing Ayers, a professor of Education, employed by the State of Illinois, has been dangerous.

Obama is nothing like Nixon or Juniorbush.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »
One thing to remember here. Obama is a liar. Every time this has been brought up he lies about it. Then he has a surrogate dribble out a little more information. When that's questioned, he lies again, and the pattern repeats itself.

Ayers may not be as close to Barry as Rev. Wright is, but to deny the relationship at all is just another reason to question Barry's honesty and judgement. He can lie about this and the media will cover for him, but it will be much harder to lie about his inaction when terrorists come calling in New York again.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »
Obama is a liar, but you just post Muslims goose-stepping under a swastika for the grins.

richpo64

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »
Sorry, but you're confused. I never did any such thing. Not that i don't agree with the depiction. Muslims were pretty chummy with Hitler back in the day. They shared the same ideas about race.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 12:32:21 PM »
Muslims were pretty chummy with Hitler back in the day. They shared the same ideas about race.

This is patently absurd. The Grand Mahdi of Jerusalem was fond of Hitler because Hitler complained about the Jews taking over Germany at a time when the Zionists were taking over Palestine. The Zionists believe that their being Jews gives them the right to overrun Palestine and take it over politically. In Israeli Arab villages, you will see inferior schools and roads, just as Balck neighborhoods in pre-1960's Mississippi were run down and unpaved. This is because Jewish taxes pay for Jewish facilities, not Arab ones. Arabs have no constitutional rights in Israel, becaue there is no constitution. It is a segregated, separate and unequal country, and this is also something that Muslims (as well as Christian Arabs) find hateful.

The Muslims are opposed to discrimination based on race. It prohibits this in the Koran. All you have to do is look at any photos of pilgrimages to Mecca, and you will see that there are people of every description. If you saw Roots, perhaps you recall that Kunta Kinte was a Muslim.

richpo64

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 12:39:12 PM »
Talk about absurd.

::)

Considering the source here is a "Palestinian" sympathiser I suggest there's enough evidence out there that proves Muslim's during WWII allied themselves with Hitler and shared his ideals.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »
<<They [Muslims and Nazis] shared the same ideas about race.>>

How could they share the same ideas about race?  Hitler believed that the Aryan race of blond, blue-eyed Europeans was the Master Race and all other races ESPECIALLY the Semitic race (Jews and Arabs) were inferior races.  Do you think many Muslims were blond and blue-eyed?  Not even the fucking Grand Mufti, Hitler's admirer.

That is absolutely one of the dumbest things you've ever said in this forum.  Not that anything else was particularly intelligent or well-informed, but this one really takes the cake.  You've out-done yourself.

richpo64

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 12:47:29 PM »
>>How could they share the same ideas about race?<<

They both hated Jews. Is this news to you? You're a Jew correct? If Hitler and Muslim's had their way, you'd be ash. Disseminate all you like Mike. But when it comes to dumb, denying Hitler and Muslim's have the same ends when it comes to Jews is beyond dumb, It's suicidal.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 12:52:16 PM »
They both hated Jews, but only Hitler's hatred was based on race.  The Mufti was fighting a turf war with them, not a race war, and figured Hitler would be a useful ally.

To claim they both had the same ideas about race is sheer ignorance.