Author Topic: How Much Worse Will You Let It Get?  (Read 2328 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How Much Worse Will You Let It Get?
« on: October 10, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »
Though I doubt it is causing any doubts about McCain in here with anyone who is already "in the tank" for McCain, I'm wondering how many McCain-leaning independents and moderate Republicans are seeing the videos and hearing the conversations between pundits about the angry campaign rallies where people feel it is ok to call Obama a "terrorist" and feel it is ok to yell out, "kill him!" and are now deciding that McCain has lost any and all credibility he once had with them and are now thinking they may just have to give voting a miss this year or maybe Obama is not so bad.

Booing is regular at campaign rallies.  Running down the other guy is simply par for the course.  What we're seeing now is pure and simple rabble-rousing.  McCain and Palin are playing to the rallies.  They are permitting those in the audience to express sheer hate and rage; they, then, feed that hate and rage back to those in audience thereby giving the audience tacit approval of their hate and rage.

Hating the other guy is something I'm quite familiar with.  It could be said that I hated George W Bush during his campaign in 2000.  I would seethe with anger at the thought of someone so utterly unqualified and someone so disdainful of facts and knowledge could become the president.

Having said that, never in my wildest imaginings would I have participated in a rally or celebrated a rally that allowed someone to yell out "kill him!" and didn't have at least a large percentage of the audience and Howard Dean shout that person down or at least boo him.

The most unsettling aspect of the videos I've seen is that the people attending these "rallies" appear to be normal folk.  Woefully uninformed, hate-filled regular folk who listen to too much Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly.  What price are those three willing to pay?  Is it worth the presidency to them to defend these people who are ok with and applaud someone yelling out that the opposing candidate should be killed?

Are those of you here willing to go along?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: How Much Worse Will You Let It Get?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »
brass
I can`t describe how strange it is to read this post
many democrats for years (not on record though) has always said they are willing to kill bush sr.,jr. & reagan.
I now cannot give republicans credit for never saying the same now.
thiers even a movie about it called"the last supper"
both parties are becoming the same.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »
brass
I can`t describe how strange it is to read this post
many democrats for years (not on record though) has always said they are willing to kill bush sr.,jr. & reagan.
I now cannot give republicans credit for never saying the same now.
thiers even a movie about it called"the last supper"
both parties are becoming the same.

I've never said any of them should be killed.

Jailed, imprisoned, tried for crimes against humanity, yes.  Killed?  No.

Nor can I imagine attending a rally where anyone was allowed to get away with saying it.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:05:26 PM »
not you of course
but I`ve known many dem`s who has said it to me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »
Though I doubt it is causing any doubts about McCain in here with anyone who is already "in the tank" for McCain, I'm wondering how many McCain-leaning independents and moderate Republicans are seeing the videos and hearing the conversations between pundits about the angry campaign rallies where people feel it is ok to call Obama a "terrorist" and feel it is ok to yell out, "kill him!" and are now deciding that McCain has lost any and all credibility he once had with them and are now thinking they may just have to give voting a miss this year or maybe Obama is not so bad.

Oh good gravy......where was the mass condemnation of all the Bush is Hitler garbage??  Bush is a mass murderer garbage??  Not that i'm condoning such rhetoric at these McCain rallies, but the hypocrisy in complianing about by the very folks who had no problem with the completely outrageous hyperbolic name calling of Bush rings pretty damn hollow, if you ask me
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »
Brass,

Tell the truth, did you type this post with a straight face?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 07:45:25 PM »
Oh good gravy......where was the mass condemnation of all the Bush is Hitler garbage??  Bush is a mass murderer garbage??  Not that i'm condoning such rhetoric at these McCain rallies, but the hypocrisy in complianing about by the very folks who had no problem with the completely outrageous hyperbolic name calling of Bush rings pretty damn hollow, if you ask me

============================================================

Bullshit.  Nobody said Bush is Hitler.  We noted the many similarities and as I've said many times, he doesn't come close to Hitler's intelligence, writing and speaking ability, courage in battle and many other qualities.

Mass murderer?  Bush is guilty of the same crimes as the Nuremburg war criminals only he'll never go on trial.  Mass murderer is based on the death toll of the wars he started.

Nobody has ever called out "Kill him" at any Democratic rally that I know of. 

You're even more full of shit than usual.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »
Bullshit.  Nobody said Bush is Hitler.  

ROFL...........if the obsession over Bush hatred weren't so hillarious, it really would be sad.  As if Bush is a more moronic version of Hitler is so much more the compliment & less offensive     ::)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 08:13:52 PM »
Nobody has ever called out "Kill him" at any Democratic rally that I know of. 

How do you know?

Besides it is a bit more serious to make what could be construed as threats to or about a sitting president.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »
uhm
I thought i stated I`ve heard several people say this and even named a movie about this

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 08:31:43 PM »
There was also a movie, I think called Death of a President.  Pretty blunt insinuation

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »
Besides it is a bit more serious to make what could be construed as threats to or about a sitting president.

Is shooting a president worse than shooting a mere candidate?

Is threatening to shoot a president worse than threatening to shoot a candidate, should that candidate be elected president?

Explain how this is worse.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 11:51:23 AM »
>>You're even more full of shit than usual.<<

It's amazing how anyone can claim President Bush hasn't been called Hitler, a mass murderer, and hundreds of other things by democrats in the throws of Bush Derangement Syndrome. Just amazing.

Also, I really don't believe anyone yelled "kill him" at any of these rallies. Democrats are just to big of liars to believe something like that ever happened. On the other hand we know wacko liberals are always showing up at Republican rallies and making fools of themselves and shouting their idiotic nonsense and accusations. So if this actually was said, I'm sure it was some liberal doing what liberals do.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 11:56:56 AM »
<<How do you know [that nobody at any Democratic rally has ever yelled out "Kill him!" with reference to the incumbent or the Republican candidate]?>>

I've never seen it, nobody's ever reported it, nobody's ever complained of it.  I suppose it's theoretically possible that some Democrat did do this at some rally, but I think you're missing Brass' point, which is that the current outbursts are not isolated events but the natural outgrowth of a climate of hate that is being whipped up by rabble-rousing on the part of both John Insane and his Barbie-Doll running mate.

To insinuate that Obama is a traitor and (by virtue of his associations with "terrorists") is a "terrorist" himself is not only absurd, but obviously incites a lynch-mob mentality all too evident at the rallies of these two morons.  It is bound to end in violence.   It's the height of irresponsibility but the up-side is that I think it is really starting to repulse many moderates and independents turned off by the Hitlerian echoes they hear.

It's also absurd to pretend that the issue is a legitimate one of credibility.  That's a cover for the real intent, which is seen in every mob reaction to the insinuations - - not the jeering laughter at a politician caught in a "lie," but the pure rage and hatred reserved for traitors and mortal enemies.

These two dummies have sowed the wind, and they'll reap the whirlwind.

BTW, excellent post, Brass.  Excellent.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »
<<It's amazing how anyone can claim President Bush hasn't been called Hitler, a mass murderer, and hundreds of other things by democrats in the throws of Bush Derangement Syndrome. Just amazing.>>

First of all, what gets said in newsgroups or chat rooms is not the same as what candidates say at rallies.  In here, it's a matter of individual opinions, up on the platform it's a kind of inspirational message from leaders to their followers, it's got much more moral authority behind it, because it comes from the leader of the mob's own party.

BTW, I've never heard Bush called Hitler, what I've seen (and said) is that there are many similarities in what they say and do.  The most notable being the parallel between the use made of the Reichstag Fire and the Sept. 11 attacks.  The resemblance is eerie.

<<Also, I really don't believe anyone yelled "kill him" at any of these rallies.>>

You're entitled to your belief.  Most of the world believes that "Kill him!" and "Traitor!" were yelled out, uncontradicted and unrebuked, in a general atmosphere of hatred and rage deliberately whipped up by Insane and Barbie.

<<Democrats are just to big of liars to believe something like that ever happened. >>

Really?  And Bush, of course ("He's got nukes!  We're all in danger!") is a living paragon of truth and honesty.

<<On the other hand we know wacko liberals are always showing up at Republican rallies and making fools of themselves and shouting their idiotic nonsense and accusations. So if this actually was said, I'm sure it was some liberal doing what liberals do.>>

Yeah, me too.  Republicans really love Obama.  They love everyone.  They're full of joy, peace and love.  And you too are full of . . .  uh, joy, peace and love.