Author Topic: McCain Tells His Supporters That Obama Is A Good Man  (Read 1499 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
McCain Tells His Supporters That Obama Is A Good Man
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:02 PM »
His supporters don't like it too much at all.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/10/182352/71/694/626797

Sorry for the short diary. I just couldn't wait to tell you all...

From a McCain rally in Minnesota today as reported by Politico's Amie Parnes:

A man in the audience stood up and told McCain he's "scared" of an Obama presidency and who he'd select for the Supreme Court.

"I have to tell you. Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don't have to be scared of as president of the United States," McCain said as the crowd booed and shouted "Come on, John!"

"If I didn't think I'd be a heck of a lot better, I wouldn't be running for president of the united states."

If that isn't the quote of the day, I don't know what is.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: McCain Tells His Supporters That Obama Is A Good Man
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »
"If I didn't think I'd be a heck of a lot better, I wouldn't be running for president of the united states."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »
His supporters don't like it too much at all.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/10/182352/71/694/626797

Sorry for the short diary. I just couldn't wait to tell you all...

From a McCain rally in Minnesota today as reported by Politico's Amie Parnes:

A man in the audience stood up and told McCain he's "scared" of an Obama presidency and who he'd select for the Supreme Court.

"I have to tell you. Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don't have to be scared of as president of the United States," McCain said as the crowd booed and shouted "Come on, John!"

Sounds about right.

BHO has charm and seems easy to get along with , but McCain has actual experience in the feild and seems less like a pushover for the opposition the USA faces in the world.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 03:04:31 PM »
Obama is unflappable. He is cool, yet reserved and thoughtful in everything he says and does. McCain gets emotional about pretty much everything.  Obama seems like a far better negotiator to me. His body language and the tone of his voice varies very little. He'd be a lot better at poker, too.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
Obama is unflappable. He is cool, yet reserved and thoughtful in everything he says and does. McCain gets emotional about pretty much everything.  Obama seems like a far better negotiator to me. His body language and the tone of his voice varies very little. He'd be a lot better at poker, too.

This can't be true.

If it were he would have accepted McCains offer of lots of town meetings.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 03:39:53 PM »
This can't be true.

If it were he would have accepted McCains offer of lots of town meetings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nonetheless is is not only true, it is easily observed by anyone. Play the second debate over again and see.

Why he didn't accept lots of town meetings is unknowable. One would have to see the exact proposal, along with all the terms of the debates and such. He spoke at my university twice, and he really seems to enjoy meeting and talking with people.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
>>This can't be true.<<

It doesn't matter if it is or it isn't. It's the reality they have created for themselves. BHO's supporters don't know anything about the man. How could they? He's effectively kept any relevant information about himself under raps. If he's elected we'll find out soon enough what he's all about. We may be to busy buying plastic rap and duck tape to notice right away, but we'll find out.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »
<<Why he didn't accept lots of town meetings is unknowable.>>

No it isn't.

Republicans cheat.  McSame cheated in the Saddleback Debate.  Bush wore a radio back-pack.  Why would Obama want to set himself up against lying, cheating scum like that?  One way or another, they'd fix the debate like they fixed the past two elections.  They don't need to win the debate or the election.  All they need to do is chip into his margin enough so that their cheating, lying and stealing can rob the majority of their choice one more time.

richpo64

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 08:13:45 PM »
>>McSame cheated in the Saddleback Debate.  Bush wore a radio back-pack.<<

ooooooo ... it's a conspiracy.

:D

ACORN anybody?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 08:31:34 PM »
<<ooooooo ... it's a conspiracy.>>

Correct.  Cheating by two or more people acting in concert is a conspiracy.  And your point is . . . ?

richpo64

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »
My point is ... sorry, I'll be punished again. Wouldn't want Big Brother getting upset.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 08:44:41 PM »
Your point is basically that I'm a fucking idiot for believing that Bush could rig a series of Town Hall debates.

Maybe he could, maybe he couldn't, but when Obama's this far out in front, he has nothing to gain from the debates and everything to lose.  He should be able to whip McSame's ass in those formats but he hasn't done it so far.  One big mistake and he's fucked.

McSame is fucked anyway.  What's he got to lose from a series of debates?  Even when he wins, he still looks bad and Obama gains points each time.  But he's in the shitter anyway so that doesn't matter.  One big goof by Obama's a possible game-changer.  Cheating (if it's even possible) would increase McSame's odds, but if he's looking for a miracle, it'd come with or without cheating.

From Obama's POV, why give the bastard a chance?

Knutey

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 09:05:51 PM »

It is indicative of what he is: