Author Topic: More Total Class From Some "Occasional Nuts"  (Read 8004 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: More Total Class From Some "Occasional Nuts"
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 11:21:40 AM »
They have pills now for that sort of hallucination. Better to trust your nest egg with an unknown than a known fuckup like McSameastheBushidiot.

It is true that most Americans are fucken lying racists  tho. How dare you!

=====================================================
Anyone who sells at the bottom of a market will always get screwed. Both parties are to blame for the current mess. As they say, if you want to screw up bigtime, use a committee. I don't think Obama or McCain are competent enough in finance to resolve this. As of yesterday, it looks like the slump will have a fairly quick recovery. It will really all depend on how good the advisers to the next president are, and whether the president pays attention to them.

The bailout deal makes an almost infinite amount of money available to banks with little risk. The program will not cut in for several weeks, but as a rule, the market is driven up by the anticipated greed and down by the anticipated fear prior to anything taking place. The drop in oil prices should be a boost to the markets, and the bailout seems to be beginning to work. This is clearly the time to buy ETF's like VDC, DES, and IWN, that can be sold with no restrictions if things get volatile.

It is pretty well known that some Americans are lying racists. The crucial factor is the percentage of them that are. I am guessing that at the present moment, it won't be enough to deny Obama the presidency.

If we had some financial whiz running for president, we'd never know: any serious discussion of how markets work puts the average voters to sleep, or if they aren't sleepy, they flip the channel. Steve Forbes tried sooooo hard and all he heard was zzzzzzzzzz. Of course, his flat tax was special: the way he had it worked out, Steve Forbes would have been able to pay NO taxes, no matter how much money he made. But he put them to sleep before they figured that out. Of course, Forbes has the charisma of 30 yard of wet shag rug, and that didn't help.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 11:27:34 AM »
<<Oh good gravy....while Bush is Hitler draws no parallels . . . >>

For the ten thousandth time, Bush is not Hitler, I never said said Bush was Hitler, that would be like comparing a street mugger to Al Capone.

Many strong parallels exist between Bush and Hitler, and I have pointed them out.  There is nothing offensive about it because it is true.  Strong parallels do NOT exist between Osama and Obama, although admittedly the names are very similar.

richpo64

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 11:30:30 AM »
>>Many strong parallels exist between Bush and Hitler, and I have pointed them out.<<

Once again, there are no parallels. None. Anyone who thinks so is seriously ill.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 11:40:38 AM »
<<Once again, there are no parallels. None. Anyone who thinks so is seriously ill.>>

Anyone who DOESN'T think so is pretty fucking ignorant.

richpo64

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 11:54:59 AM »
No Mike. The only people who say such things are the same people who believe 9-11 was an inside job, Elvis is still alive and we never really landed on the moon.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »
It hardly matters for any practical reason. Juniorbush is outta here in January. I don't see any way the US could be as bad off as the Reich when Hitler checked out.

The worst of all for bad leadership seems to be Paraguayan dictator Frencisco Solano Lopez, who declared war on Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay all at once. The result was a war that lasted from 1865 to 1870, and ended with Lopez getting lanced by a Brazilian soldier in a river. His last words were "Muero con mi patria" (I die with my country), which was close to true. After the Tripartite War, only 22,000 were left in the country out of a prewar population of over a million.

The one lasting accomplishment of dictator Alfredo Stroessner (1958-1989) was that Lopez was resurrected as a hero. His image is on the 1000 Guarani bill and coin in full Napoleonic dress, but about 100 lbs thinner than reality.

In the Panteon de los Heroes in Asuncion, however, Lopez's remains are off to one side and the coffin of "El soldado paraguayo" is in the middle. In it is the remains of one of many unknown soldiers of the Chaco War (1932-35).

One of the greatest heroes in Paraguay is US president Rutherford B. Hayes, who decided that Paraguay should keep a large portion of the Chaco in the final settlement of the Tripartite War. The town across the Paraguay river from Asuncion is named Villa Hayes, and the departamento in which it lies, one of the largest in area in the country, is named Presidente Hayes.

When Paraguayan presidents come to DC, someone always has to scramble around to find where Hayes is buried, so they can have a wreath-laying ceremony at Hayes' tomb, which is in Ohio.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 12:16:42 PM »
Then I'm glad we can resolve this problem.

<<No Mike. The only people who say such things [that there are real parallels between Bush and Hitler] are the same people who believe 9-11 was an inside job, Elvis is still alive and we never really landed on the moon.>>

You'll be happily surprised to learn that I do not believe that Elvis is still alive and I do believe that Americans landed on the moon.  My 9-11 theory is definitely "outside job," although I think it's a clear possibility that either Israeli intelligence or U.S. intelligence or both deliberately refrained from acting to stop something they knew was in the works.  Whether or not that actually was the case is something that I just don't know and probably never will.

However, I failed to meet at least two out of three of your criteria for belief in a Bush-Hitler parallel, so I guess even by your standards, this is an idea that has some currency outside the bailiwick of the lunatic fringe as well within it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »
<<Oh good gravy....while Bush is Hitler draws no parallels . . . >>

For the ten thousandth time, Bush is not Hitler, I never said said Bush was Hitler, that would be like comparing a street mugger to Al Capone.

And for the ten thousandth & one time, it's the rhetoric, not a literal accusation, since typing out Bush is a more moronic version of Hitler takes much longer.  The point remains however the insidious repetition of applying anythining & everything Bush & the GOP with Hitler and the GOP, thus completely marginalizing and making insignificant the use of such rhetorics largely meaningless

Many strong parallels exist between Bush and Hitler, and I have pointed them out.  

Only existing in your BDS alternate reality however.  You've pointed out your twisted rationalizations that have largely zip to do with any "parallels".  The most they had in common, such as "parallels" was again that both were male and had short hair.  Closer to your skewed reality is that both were in charge of large militaries.  After that, it's simply your twisted rationalizations that take over.  Simple as that

Strong parallels do NOT exist between Osama and Obama, although admittedly the names are very similar.

Sure there is, they're both male, and have short hair.  I don't think Usama smokes however
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 01:45:30 PM »
sirs, I am not about to debate the resemblance of Bush to Hitler with someone who doesn't even know what the Reichstag Fire was.  You've got the last word on this one if you want it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 02:07:15 PM »
A) I know what the Reichstag Fire was
B) Which again has squat to do with insidiously trying to compare Bush to Hitler. 

Your cessation of the nonsensical B), is indeed appreciated
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:57:17 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 04:41:14 AM »
Strong parallels do NOT exist between Osama and Obama, although admittedly the names are very similar.

Same root word?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 06:44:43 AM »
<<Your cessation of the nonsensical B), is indeed appreciated>>

I hope it's understood, sirs, that the only thing I am ceasing to do is to debate the subject further with you. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »
Oh, I have no doubt you'll continue with the overt nonsense.  As Cro accurately pointed out, you are indeed the epitome of unbending.  I'm just pleased you gave it a rest, within this thread. 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

Same root word?

===========================================
Osama/Usama is "lion" in Arabic. In Kenya, perhaps in Luo, the name is Obama. Just like Leon and Leo in English. Just like Lowenbrau is "Lion beer" and such.

It is a common name, more common among those who have seen lions on the vast Serengheti while upwind, less so among the children of the guys who muck out the lion cages at the zoo.

Before graphic novels, lions and eagles were about the most impressive creatures around.

richpo64

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »
What's the root word of Hussien?

Say it now because when Barry gets elected you'll get a knock on the door.