Author Topic: I`d do the samething, don`t understand why it took so long  (Read 845 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I`d do the samething, don`t understand why it took so long
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
I would be inclined to do the same, but I imagine that Yahoo has other pertinent information that could make this a good or a bad decision. It all depends on how well the work is getting done.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
I`d say the bulk would be no productivity. I know people who does this and the family to work structure is very bad. the family simply don`t understand pops needs to do his job and is not oncall despite he`s in the house. but on the flipside I know database administrators who love thier job so much they log in 15hour but clock 8hrs

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »
That's what I mean. Some people are more productive, others less so. At my university, they always started the year off with these endless spiels by the administrators who never had anything to say but "this semester we need to do EVEN BETTER than last semester. Of course, the way to do better would involve giving the faculty time to prepare better course materials, evaluate better what they did the previous semester, discuss what works and what does not with others teaching the same courses. What would NEVER improve instruction is to sit in an auditorium listening to administrators introduce one another and give useless pep talks.

In the public schools in Miami, they always planned what were called "teachers' workdays" on Jewish holidays. If you were Jewish, you got Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur off (and could stay home: no one ever had to bring a note from a rabbi). If you were not Jewish, you had to attend five hours of administrators introducing themselves and listening to some ghastly motivational speaker spout banal generalities.

Public schools, however, do have one advantage: they are more considerate of educators' bladders,and would have a break every hour. College administrators gave themselves pee breaks, but often forgot that three speakers talking for 45 minutes each is excessive. At some point, about twelve or thirteen of us would all rise and head for the john.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »
http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2013/02/26/marissa-mayer-angers-moms-with-new/

Thier maybe no survey evidence but it's alslo noted that yahoo is one of the few that has that many remote employee.  The moms claims yahoo is going archaic but if true they can just go find a more advance with the times company.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »
It was noted those remote folks were not productive. Meaning their nor even smart enough to cover thier tracks

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/man-outsources-his-own-job-to-china-watches-cat-videos