Author Topic: We're fucked  (Read 23765 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: We're fucked
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »
We are in an economics hell hole because of this war. That's scary.

This is what you said.

Perhaps you could explain what you meant by economic hellhole.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2008, 12:13:43 AM »
This of course is based on the OPINION that the war was "needless" and at the "root of the economic delimma", and that the President is a supposed "dolt".  I'm afraid I can provide countless examples of facts, timelines, & common sense that would provide an alternate position on both.  So, no ditto from me

Ok, Sirs, can you show me at least five of your countless?

regarding the war:
1) NIE supported the conclusion Saddam had stockpiles of WMD  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
2) CIA director concluded slam dunk on Saddam stockpiles of WMD  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
3) Weapons inspectors kicked out of Iraq for 4+years  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
4) Iraq with both direct & indirect ties to miltant islamic terrorists  (not sirs opinion....fact)
5) Weapon's Inspector David Kay stunned at how far Saddam had gotten on so many of his weapon's programs  (not sirs' opinion....David Kay's)
*) Near unianimous support by both houses of Congress to undertake military operations against Iraq  (not sirs' opinion....fact)

regarding the economic dilemma
1) Bush administration pushing importance of home ownwership and need to "make it easier to own a home"  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
2) GOP (including McCain) raising red flags at what was showing signs of trouble with Fannie Mae & Freddy Mac, pushing for more regulatory oversight  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
3) Democrats blocking every effort at increasing regulation oversight   (not sirs' opinion....fact)
4) Housing bubble that everyone knew was going to burst at any time   
5) Mortgage institutions being pushed to give mortgages to low income familes who would have otherwise not qualified for mortgages.  Many of them variable rate   (not sirs' opinion....fact) 

Very little connecting the 2, I'm afraid Miss Cynthia, and many many more facts, numerous politicians & pundit deductions, commission investigations, and timelines not even applied that help dispell the notion of how supposedly "needless" the war was and how it's some central source of the "economic dilemma"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »
BT,

Can you explain the real reason we are in this economically sticky situation?

What about the dot com of the year 2000?

What is the reason we are in such an economic mess?

I want to learn from you here.

Please.

Cindy

Cynthia

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2008, 12:38:29 AM »
We are in an economics hell hole because of this war. That's scary.

This is what you said.

Perhaps you could explain what you meant by economic hellhole.

Trillions of dollars in debt because of the war.

Can you help me understand what you think about why we are not in a bad state of affairs due to the war. I am all ears.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2008, 12:40:48 AM »
BT,

Please.

Cindy

Perhaps at a later time.

I am currently seeking answers to  determine why you would link the war to the current economic hellhole.

Please show the relationship.

Cynthia

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2008, 12:41:54 AM »
This of course is based on the OPINION that the war was "needless" and at the "root of the economic delimma", and that the President is a supposed "dolt".  I'm afraid I can provide countless examples of facts, timelines, & common sense that would provide an alternate position on both.  So, no ditto from me

Ok, Sirs, can you show me at least five of your countless?

regarding the war:
1) NIE supported the conclusion Saddam had stockpiles of WMD  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
2) CIA director concluded slam dunk on Saddam stockpiles of WMD  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
3) Weapons inspectors kicked out of Iraq for 4+years  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
4) Iraq with both direct & indirect ties to miltant islamic terrorists  (not sirs opinion....fact)
5) Weapon's Inspector David Kay stunned at how far Saddam had gotten on so many of his weapon's programs  (not sirs' opinion....David Kay's)
*) Near unianimous support by both houses of Congress to undertake military operations against Iraq  (not sirs' opinion....fact)

regarding the economic dilemma
1) Bush administration pushing importance of home ownwership and need to "make it easier to own a home"  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
2) GOP (including McCain) raising red flags at what was showing signs of trouble with Fannie Mae & Freddy Mac, pushing for more regulatory oversight  (not sirs' opinion....fact)
3) Democrats blocking every effort at increasing regulation oversight   (not sirs' opinion....fact)
4) Housing bubble that everyone knew was going to burst at any time   
5) Mortgage institutions being pushed to give mortgages to low income familes who would have otherwise not qualified for mortgages.  Many of them variable rate   (not sirs' opinion....fact) 

Very little connecting the 2, I'm afraid Miss Cynthia, and many many more facts, numerous politicians & pundit deductions, commission investigations, and timelines not even applied that help dispell the notion of how supposedly "needless" the war was and how it's some central source of the "economic dilemma"

So why are we rushing to vote for a liberal? Us meaning the nation at large.

Why have we not understood what you have printed here, Sirs, as a nation?

Why are we all hungry for change?

How can it be that the voters in this country are not privy to your information?

Seems to me that it's a no brainer..Why of course you're right. wow. ...oh my.....

Then why are we not rushing to applaud the past administration?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2008, 12:43:33 AM »
Trillions of dollars in debt because of the war.

How would the volume of US Treasury Bonds affect the finances of AIG, WAMU or GM?

Cynthia

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2008, 12:45:07 AM »
BT,

Please.

Cindy

Perhaps at a later time.

I am currently seeking answers to  determine why you would link the war to the current economic hellhole.

Please show the relationship.

There are indeed two hell holes.

I am not linking them to one another. If I implied such, my bad.

I believe that Clinton was at fault for much of the military cutbacks and thus the bad ass planning on the part of Bush. Bush should have had adviser who knew better, however.

You don't deny that we are in an economic mess?

I believe that we are in a mess for the housing crisis because of Clinton...and the push for war because of Bush/Clinton.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2008, 01:03:24 AM »

I don't believe my finances have been affected by the wall street foibles at all.
I'm as poor as i was before the dominoes started tumbling.

We haven't had a rash of foreclosures in town except for one or two flippers.

Water bills are still being paid on time, ie late notices have not increased.

No one in my circle has lost their job. Contractors who live nearby are staying busy.

Gasoline prices have had more of an effect on me than the Dow Jones.

Now don't get me wrong, because it hasn't affected me, doesn't mean it hasn't affected other people.

How has it affected you?

Cynthia

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2008, 01:12:01 AM »

I don't believe my finances have been affected by the wall street foibles at all.
I'm as poor as i was before the dominoes started tumbling.

We haven't had a rash of foreclosures in town except for one or two flippers.

Water bills are still being paid on time, ie late notices have not increased.

No one in my circle has lost their job. Contractors who live nearby are staying busy.

Gasoline prices have had more of an effect on me than the Dow Jones.

Now don't get me wrong, because it hasn't affected me, doesn't mean it hasn't affected other people.

How has it affected you?

I've lost thousands on my 403B retirement plan.

Gas prices are now down.

I live in Albuquerque. I sit pretty on a hill in my own home, built just for me 8 years ago.

Price of Avocadoes, tomatoes, lemons and such have gone up.

Fear of retirement too early is on my mind, but not a reality...just a minor fear.

You are stating your life as an American, as am I.

So, we do not have it that bad-----and I pray we do not in the future.

It's the future that scares me.

I can't vote for Obama because of one key issue-----Abortion.

Period.

But Congress will pull all punches in all directions.

SO, are you saying that there is no reason to worry, BT?

Trillions of dollars in debt because of the war?

Millions of Americans in hot water---albeit not you ....nor me.??

Why do you support McCain(if you do)?

Why do you support Obama(if you do)?

Is it not the congress we should be concerned about for our future?

Did Bush make the right decision to go to war?

Why haven't you told me why your support Bush' decision to go to IRaq?

Ok, too many questions for now. But, I sure would like to hear more from you in terms of your understanding of the details of all of this.

You are a leader for this board. I hear more from Sirs than I do you.

Why?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2008, 01:30:58 AM »

What good does it do to worry?

Prices always go up. The rate at which they rise can be troublesome but most of the rise is due to petroleum costs.

I haven't bought a store tomato in months. I grow my own.

Two things on the radar concern me. Energy independence ( and to me that means getting off the grid as much as possible) and water supply.

There is a trend here where people are buying 50cc scooters to get around town and up to the store etc.

There is also a mini market for moped conversions of old bikes.

Water consumption is down about 25% since the drought got bad.

It's about adaptability.

I'm not happy with either candidate. Palin intrigues me, but she isn't ready for prime time though if thrust into the spotlight i think she could rise to the occasion.

I don't think i will vote for pres this go round, unless something happens in the time remaining.

I'm not the leader of this board. I am a poster just like everyone else. I just hold the keys.

We have moderators who can override my decisions anytime they want.

Cynthia

« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2008, 01:54:25 AM »

What good does it do to worry?

Prices always go up. The rate at which they rise can be troublesome but most of the rise is due to petroleum costs.

I haven't bought a store tomato in months. I grow my own.

Two things on the radar concern me. Energy independence ( and to me that means getting off the grid as much as possible) and water supply.

There is a trend here where people are buying 50cc scooters to get around town and up to the store etc.

There is also a mini market for moped conversions of old bikes.

Water consumption is down about 25% since the drought got bad.

It's about adaptability.

I'm not happy with either candidate. Palin intrigues me, but she isn't ready for prime time though if thrust into the spotlight i think she could rise to the occasion.

I don't think i will vote for pres this go round, unless something happens in the time remaining.

I'm not the leader of this board. I am a poster just like everyone else. I just hold the keys.

We have moderators who can override my decisions anytime they want.

Gosh, Bt....thank you!

God, I have new respect for you.

Ok, I used to grow my own tomatoes. The desert soil is too sandy. I have to grow them in pots. That's doable.

Ok, so the grid is the status quo for many of us in this country.  It will change. Mark my words. We will see a positive change in this country, eventually.

There's always going to be room for inventive, intelligent folks.

Prices go up. and by darn, prices are going back down in my city as far as gasoline is concerned.

Remember when the "mad man on the stock market tube" told us that the price of milk is oftentimes more than the price of gasoline? So what's the big deal?

Well, he made sense in a way.

But, you all know more than I do about that bottom line---the price of petrol. I don't have that inside info.

I have seen women driving motor driven bikes to work around town. The trouble with that is what to do in WINTERTIME. But, hey, anything we can do to minimize polluting the air, god love those individuals.

Palin intrigues me, but she isn't ready for prime time though if thrust into the spotlight i think she could rise to the occasion.
BT, I think she is smart, in spite of the the media blitz against her. Fox has made a good point of finding her "gifts". MSNBC has done just the opposite.

as for voting; YOU can't be serious that you are not going to vote!?

But, hey that's your choice. I can understand that.

....hearing your take on things has been a good thing, BT.

....................................... remember this; my students would be proud of you for voting. ;)

Civic duty, my dear. Civic duty.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 01:59:18 AM by Cindy »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2008, 01:59:19 AM »

I didn't say i wasn't going to vote. I just won't voe the upticket race.

We have congressional, senatorial and county races to deal with.

Cynthia

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2008, 02:01:37 AM »

I didn't say i wasn't going to vote. I just won't voe the upticket race.

We have congressional, senatorial and county races to deal with.

Ok good....
Thank you Bt for your insight and honesty.

I am a lightweight here, but I do appreciate learning more and having the opportunity to express my own knowledge and inquiry.

I think we will see that things will improve......

I also think that Bush had a rough patch to go through with 9-11, but he was a cowboy heading into war.

We need ONE ANOTHER imo. . . not government.

Hillary was right.....it takes a Village to Raise a Child.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2008, 02:10:25 AM »
Hillary was right.....it takes a Village to Raise a Child.

It takes a family to raise a child.