Author Topic: War Predictions for 2011  (Read 6229 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
War Predictions for 2011
« on: December 31, 2010, 01:41:47 PM »
Anone wish to comment on the likleyhood or not of all-out open conflict in the following arenas:

Haiti -

C'te d'Ivoire -

Colombia -

Zimbabwe -

Sudan -

Guatemala -

Tajikistan -

Somalia -

Lebanon -

Nigeria -

Democratic Republic of the Congo -

Guinea -

Venezuela -

Mexico -

Pakistan -

Afganistan -

Iraq -

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:39:03 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: War Predictions for 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:03:52 PM »
You listed Haiti twice.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 02:38:41 PM »
Now corrected.  I bolded the 2 I'm most interested in hearing others' POV on
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

bsb

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 02:43:47 PM »
Mexico already is at war.

bsb

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:55:07 PM »
I knew I'd get a comment like that.  Yes B, most all these places are in some state of "war". 

The idea here is to generate some dialog and debate on what might happen to these locations, as we enter 2011.  All-out war?  Civil war?  Religiously driven?  Ideology driven?  Power driven?  Drug driven?  Level of U.S. intervention, if any?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 03:02:04 PM »
Lebanon....Lebanon....Lebanon
trigger point for proxy war between Islam and the West

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 03:16:08 PM »
True that.  What do you think about Somalia though?  Is it about to become the next pre-911 Afghanistan, where Al-qeada like folks can train and prepare at will, with a psuedo valid government able to protect them, analogus to the Taliban?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »
Anone wish to comment on the likleyhood or not of all-out open conflict in the following arenas:

Venezuela -

Hmmmmmm

bsb

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 04:00:17 PM »
In this country I would like to see the North go down and kick the sh*t out of the South one more time. I think the South needs to be brought up to speed a bit, again.

In another thread a poster was saying, or referencing something that said, that the further south you move on this planet the lower the IQs get.  Well, I guess we don't have to look any further than our own backyard. They always seem to be running anywhere between 50 and 500 years behind the rest of us.

Here's to a happy new year, and good old fashioned bloody civil war between the Blue and the Grey.

bsb

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
In this country I would like to see the North go down and kick the sh*t out of the South one more time. I think the South needs to be brought up to speed a bit, again.

You mean the south that has experienced more economic growth than most of the rest of the country?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 04:09:35 PM »

Who exactly is "the south"?  And is the U.S. "the north"?  North America?  Northern Hemisphere? 

Trying to have a substantive debate here, in this, a debate forum B.  If you don't wish to participate, then by all means....don't....don't waste our time.  Start a thread in Culture Vultures or Matters of Faith, if you're simply bored

bsb

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »
>>You mean the south that.....?<<

See, this poster must have been born in the deep south. He thinks there is more then one south.

bsb

bsb

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 04:17:18 PM »
Sirs, you don't tell me, or anyone else, what to post or where to post it.

bsb

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »
Yo, B, I can grasp that given your history and military bacground, the mere notion of discussing war is nauseous.  The idea of talking about predictions of war are perhaps repulsive.  The problem is reality.  The problem is human nature to want to make war.  So, I can respect a position of yours that may conclude that war is respulsive, and on most levels, I'd agree.  It should be a last resort to anything, and in your book perhaps a non-resort.  Fine.  But don't try to demean serious questions others might have as it relates to the current realities across this globe.  

You went above and beyond in trying to lay claim that your beliefs are far more sound than those of Christians who have faith on some non-verifiable diety, because its based on your personal experiences and what you can actually see & relate to.  Take a piece of your own advice, and allow anyone that wishes to opine on the subject of war do so, without your little tiff on the notion of actually debating the issue.  War is a reality, that can and should be discussed.  Perhaps in an excercise to bring them to their quickest resolutions.  And that'd be a good thing, which I'd hope you'd agree with

So, post in this thread if you have some serious suggestions or ideas, or to answer direct questions, or move aside to allow those who wish to, do so without you wasting their time

bsb

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 04:23:58 PM »
I also think we should invade Canada. Because places like Texas and Arizona can't protect their borders we in the North will be needing more room.

bsb