Author Topic: Obama and Hitler  (Read 11586 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Obama and Hitler
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
Saw this on one a them comedy semi-news shows last night, Colbert, Olbermann, one a them guys, while they were discussing ABC's version of the debate last week.

Obama has Ted Kennedy's support. Ted Kennedy is Catholic. The Catholic church is led by the Pope. The Pope was a member of the Nazi Youth. Therefore, Obama has direct ties to Hitler.

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Rich

Re: Obama and Hitler
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »
Wow ... another Nazi Pope remark.

Brilliant.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »
The point wasn't about the Pope.

Does he have Waldheimer's disease?

Rich

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »
Right. Sure it wasn't.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 09:12:53 PM »
Note the title of the thread. The old geezer wasn't included. He is merely incidental to the story.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »
So, its a big deal if Obama's preacher says "God damn Amerika!" but its somehow impolitic or inappropriate to mention that the current pope was in the Hitler youth?

Come on now.  Fair's fair.

I'd say mentioning that is letting the catholic church off easy since it really should be shut down and half the people running it jailed for pedophilia and covering up for pedophiles.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 10:03:38 PM »
What's the difference between an evangelical christian and an evangelical atheist, again?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 10:07:54 PM »
What's the difference between an evangelical christian and an evangelical atheist, again?

I'm not evangelical.  Evangelicals want you to believe in something it isn't real.  I don't want that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:09:12 PM »

I'm not evangelical.  Evangelicals want you to believe in something it isn't real.  I don't want that.

Have you given up on RBE then?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 10:11:17 PM »

The RBE isn't real.

Besides, American Heritage Dictionary:

evangelical
adj.

Characterized by ardent or crusading enthusiasm; zealous: an evangelical liberal.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 10:13:54 PM »

Evangelicals want you to believe in something it isn't real.

Says the man who claims a missile hit the Pentagon.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 10:15:46 PM »

Have you given up on RBE then?

The RBE is not a god.  It's a political/resource system.  No churches would be involved.   The RBE is more like The Great Society.  It's a plan, a system; not an imaginary friend out there in space who wants to make sure you use your pee pee for what he wants it to be used for.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »

The RBE isn't real.

Besides, American Heritage Dictionary:

evangelical
adj.

Characterized by ardent or crusading enthusiasm; zealous: an evangelical liberal.

Sure seems like cherry-picking on that definition there.

e?van?gel?i?cal     Audio Help   /ˌiv?nˈdʒɛlɪkəl, ˌɛvən-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ee-van-jel-i-kuhl, ev-uhn-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
?adjective
1.   Also, e?van?gel?ic. pertaining to or in keeping with the gospel and its teachings.
2.   belonging to or designating the Christian churches that emphasize the teachings and authority of the Scriptures, esp. of the New Testament, in opposition to the institutional authority of the church itself, and that stress as paramount the tenet that salvation is achieved by personal conversion to faith in the atonement of Christ.
3.   designating Christians, esp. of the late 1970s, eschewing the designation of fundamentalist but holding to a conservative interpretation of the Bible.
4.   pertaining to certain movements in the Protestant churches in the 18th and 19th centuries that stressed the importance of personal experience of guilt for sin, and of reconciliation to God through Christ.
5.   marked by ardent or zealous enthusiasm for a cause.
?noun
6.   an adherent of evangelical doctrines or a person who belongs to an evangelical church or party.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evangelical

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »

Evangelicals want you to believe in something it isn't real.

Says the man who claims a missile hit the Pentagon.

Actually, I would be considered an agnostic as far as a plane hitting the Pentagon.  Just as I lean wholeheartedly towards natural selection (lots of proof) and away from "god did it" (0.0 proof), I have seen little to no proof that a plane hit the Pentagon therefore, I don't want to make a leap of faith based on self-interested "eyewitnesses".

The time has passed when I could even be swayed to belief in a plane/pentagon scenario since lots of fake videos could have been created in the nearly 7 years since the event in question.

I arrive at a missile based on what I have seen.  A giant hole with bits of a plane that could have been carted in prior.  No wing section.  No tail section.  Doctored photos after the even.  Smells like conspiracy to me.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 11:32:50 PM »
5.   marked by ardent or zealous enthusiasm for a cause.

This doesn't apply?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)