Author Topic: Clinton supporters still not embracing Obama  (Read 11657 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Clinton supporters still not embracing Obama
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 11:37:06 PM »
Yes, I did, and
I hope you understand mine.

Yes your point is that you will vote for Obama because he isn't Bush.

Kerry tried that, didn't he? And he ran against the man.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 05:18:35 AM »
Why do you love Bush so much?
Probably because I don't.  Oh, and BTW, He's not running for anything

No Kiddin :o really?? oh wow!  Sirs, you are silly.  Alrightie then, Why do you admire the past president of the U.S.of A.? You accuse me of hating him. DO you have a positive thing to say about him?

You referring to Bush Jr?  I admire him for putting credibility back with the U.S., for taking the fight to the enemy, vs waiting for them to hit us again here.  There's not alot else I admire him on, outside of giving tax relief to everyone who payed taxes, and supporting a pair of great Judicial nominees, and to his credit, he tried to compromise, far too often with the Democrats, on policy and proposals.  Otherwise, his Domestic spending (or lack of vetoing out-of-control congressional budgets) & Domestic policies, made Clinton look downright conservative.  and don't even get me started on his preposterous "comprehensive immigration reform"

You seem to think he's the man!   America's got news for you, Sirs.  HE's horrible.

I'm sure alot of people thought Lincoln was as well.  And no, I don't think he's "the man"

Hmmm, dreadful personal associations

LOL....He has a world of wonderful personal associations....

Yea, 1 racist pastor, 1 bigoted paster, 1 Domestic terrorist friend. Yea, real peaches of "wonderfulness"

But who and how are they keeping him from leading this country?

They again demonstrate how poor his judgement has been, all these many years, by maintaining these associations, associations I might add that would have had a GOP nominee completely tossed out of the running, LONG ago

Politically expedient changes in positions

Oh, many politicians have been accused of that.   Oh yes, the past president of our nation didn't change his position....HE WAS A LIAR. Bush was an idiot when he stood on the deck of the carrier declaring Mission Accomplished. Where are the WMD's that he claimed would be found?

You really have gone off the democrat deep end, Cynthia.  Naaaaa, you don't hate him.  That whole diatribe above is right out of MoveOn.  But hey, if you want to join Tee in fantasyland, I'm sure he can use the company

Come on.... I am sure Bush at one point in his glorious leadership days... changed at least ONE position during his presidency.

Cynthia, you're not paying attention.  A) this isn't about Bush, as he's not running, this is about Obama.  B) Obama's whole mantle is how supposedly fresh and new his politics are supposed to be, yet when all is said and done, he's just the same old tired politician DC keeps spitting out election cycle after election cycle.

Take this under consideration, Obama's flip flops now, if he had done them prior to all the primaries, would have had him stuffed & mounted by Hillary.  McCain's flip flops changed nothing.  He'd still be the GOP nominee

Rhetoric up the ying yang, and not a trace of pracical accomplishments to show for it

.....in you biased, ignorant opinion. I say ignorant as a fact, not as an insult. For, you see, Sirs.....he accomplished becoming the Democratic candidate. That's A TRACE!!

LOL......yea, that's really substantive.  Couldn't refute it could you   ::)     I hope that koolaide has alot of ice in it

No effort, what-so-ever, of compromising with his political opponents

NO Effort? Really how do you know this to be true?

LOL...BECAUSE HE HAS A SENATE RECORD, THAT DEMONSTRATES PRECISELY THAT

Why is that a reason not to elect him as a president?

It's not, it's simply a point of FACT

Yea, that's the next Political hero of our century     

Better Obama than what we've had for the past 8 years.

And yet again, Bush seems to be the current nominee in Cynthia's world
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 05:21:02 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 01:35:27 AM »
You referring to Bush Jr?  I admire him for putting credibility back with the U.S., for taking the fight to the enemy, vs waiting for them to hit us again here.  There's not alot else I admire him on, outside of giving tax relief to everyone who payed taxes, and supporting a pair of great Judicial nominees, and to his credit, he tried to compromise, far too often with the Democrats, on policy and proposals.  Otherwise, his Domestic spending (or lack of vetoing out-of-control congressional budgets) & Domestic policies, made Clinton look downright conservative.  and don't even get me started on his preposterous "comprehensive immigration reform"

Not A lot? Sorry to hear that. You seem so dedicated to Bjr.

Cynthia

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 01:37:50 AM »
"I'm sure alot of people thought Lincoln was as well.  And no, I don't think he's "the man""

Once again....a lot?

Cynthia

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 01:42:16 AM »
It's not, it's simply a point of FACT

Oh really?
How so?

Cynthia

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 01:43:05 AM »
Yes, I did, and
I hope you understand mine.

Yes your point is that you will vote for Obama because he isn't Bush.

Kerry tried that, didn't he? And he ran against the man.

Bt,

Why should anyone vote for McCain?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 03:20:46 AM »

Then, again, you're not paying attention

"I'm sure alot of people thought Lincoln was (horrible) as well.  And no, I don't think he's "the man""

Once again....a lot?

Yea...most of the south I do believe, and probably alot of families who lost all their men during the civil war.  They too probably didn't take kindly to Lincoln taking us to war....with ourselves

It's not, it's simply a point of FACT (that Obama's senate record clearly provides anyone with a shred of objectivity on this matter) ample repetition that at no time has he authored any bill with bipartsian support, nor has voted with the GOP on anything, that the Dems did not want)

Oh really?  How so?

How SOOOO?  Good gravy, Cynthia, and you call me ignorant

Bt, Why should anyone vote for McCain?

He's not, Bush.  I hear that's the main rationale for voting Obama
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »
Bt,

Why should anyone vote for McCain?

Because they agree with his positions and believe he is the better of the two major candidates on issues that matter to them.

Why do you vote for a candidate?

Cynthia

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 01:05:22 PM »
Because they agree with his positions and believe he is the better of the two major candidates on issues that matter to them.

Because I agree with his/her positions and believe he/she is the better of the two major candidates on issues that matter to me.

But it's not that simple. There are issues like taxing the rich(which needs to change, imo) education reform; war; health care.
Those issues are important to me. But, I have a feeling that once a candidate is elected into office, ideals and promises go through a sudden "oops factor" change.
Can one really trust any politician anymore?

I like what Obama has to say. I feel for the folks who have little or no access to a decent health care system.

But, then again, I do not want to be overly taxed.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:09:44 PM by Cynthia »

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 01:22:43 PM »
I can't remember what the tax rate was during the years our economy was going really well, but I think it was something like 95%. 
That's what paid for the GI Bill.
And the highway system, and so on.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 01:40:50 PM »
What are you smoking, Lanya?  IIRC, that tax rate was occuring during the World War years.  During the Carter years I believe it was "only", 70% when our econmomy was in an absolute abyss, inflation running rampant, and we even had a "misery index", measuing how supposedly miserable everyone was.  The economy didn't rebound until a few years after Reagan passed massive tax relief for everyone that payed taxes.  THEN our economy took a powerful upswing, hampered only by DC's continued wreckless out of control spending

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 02:01:52 PM »
I can't remember what the tax rate was during the years our economy was going really well, but I think it was something like 95%. 
That's what paid for the GI Bill.
And the highway system, and so on.

History of top rates

• In 1913 the tax rate was 1% on taxable net income above $3,000 ($4,000 for married couples), less deductions and exemptions. It rose to a rate of 7% on incomes above $500,000.
  • During World War I the top rate rose to 77%; after the war, the top rate was scaled down to a low of 25%.
  • During the Great Depression and World War II, the top income tax rate rose again. In the Internal Revenue Code of 1939, the top rate was 75%. The top rate reached 94% during the war and remained at 91% until 1964.
  • In 1964 the top rate was decreased to 70% (1964 Revenue Act), then to 50% in 1981 (Economic Recovery Tax Act or ERTA).
  • The Tax Reform Act of 1986 reduced the top rate to 28%, at the same time raising the bottom rate from 11% to 15% (in fact 15% and 28% became the only two tax brackets).
  • During the 1990s the top rate rose again, standing at 39.6% by the end of the decade.
  • The top rate was cut to 35% and the bottom rate was cut to 10% by the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States#History_of_top_rates
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 03:22:21 PM »
Because I agree with his/her positions and believe he/she is the better of the two major candidates on issues that matter to me.

At this point neither of the presumed nominees are female so i don't see the need for the he/she conditional.

But it's not that simple. There are issues like taxing the rich(which needs to change, imo) education reform; war; health care.Those issues are important to me. But, I have a feeling that once a candidate is elected into office, ideals and promises go through a sudden "oops factor" change.

Actually it is that simple. If candidate A is more in line with your priorities vote for him.

Can one really trust any politician anymore?

Maybe not. Then again you don't have to set yourself up to be at the mercy of them either.

I like what Obama has to say. I feel for the folks who have little or no access to a decent health care system.

But, then again, I do not want to be overly taxed.

Then i suggest you carefully consider your vote.

Cynthia

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 03:26:05 PM »

Then, again, you're not paying attention

"I'm sure alot of people thought Lincoln was (horrible) as well.  And no, I don't think he's "the man""

Once again....a lot?

Yea...most of the south I do believe, and probably alot of families who lost all their men during the civil war.  They too probably didn't take kindly to Lincoln taking us to war....with ourselves

It's not, it's simply a point of FACT (that Obama's senate record clearly provides anyone with a shred of objectivity on this matter) ample repetition that at no time has he authored any bill with bipartsian support, nor has voted with the GOP on anything, that the Dems did not want)

Oh really?  How so?

How SOOOO?  Good gravy, Cynthia, and you call me ignorant

Bt, Why should anyone vote for McCain?

He's not, Bush.  I hear that's the main rationale for voting Obama

Who's fact? Yours?
I have yet to see you post facts on a thread. You side step the issue.

Show ME facts, please..and where you got them.
I can not believe that you are that arrogant to assume that because YOU STATE it as fact, that it is.
I am open to reading any facts on this matter...Ami? Bt?

Cynthia

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 03:28:58 PM »

BT...with all due respect. This question did not ask specifically a particular "office".

I see nothing wrong with referring to both genders with regard to your particular question, here.

You did not ask me why do I vote for the current presidential candidates who are CURRENTLY RUNNING.