Author Topic: Four Freedoms  (Read 11474 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Four Freedoms
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
>>Last I heard you don't need a permit to ask a question of a politician, especially if he wanders onto your lawn.<<

If Obama ever wanders onto your lawn, release the hounds.

=====================================================
Who are you pretending to be now, Monty Burns?

Would you release the hounds on McCain as well?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 08:03:12 PM »
Joe is ambitious , Obama wants to spread the wealth.

Should Joe become a civil servant ?

You are ambitious, you are some sort of civilian airplane repairman. Do you make $250,000 a year? Should Joe follow your example, or shouldn't he?

Of course, if you are a Civil Servant, you can forget about buying out the boss.

I am guessing that you will need to give up on the $250,000 ambition as well.

Joe did not say that he made $250,000 , he said that his prospective business would be that size.

As a Civil Servant in a skilled trade I might be makeing more than Joe right now , but I can't have the ambition to use my position for becomeing very wealthy , I have given up that potential in return for a very secure job.

For Joe to acheive his ambitions he will have to get a certificate from the school he is attending , save up a lot and have 20% of the value of this business in the bank at the time that his boss wants to retire. This is not the only path he could take but it is a reasonable one.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »
Oh please. Using some hyperbole?

I think that "Joe" will be just fine as none of the realities of his life are earth-shattering (or for that matter - interesting). And really...playing the victim? Isn't it a little early for that?

Two points.

Earlier you said people ae blaming Obama for what has happened to Joe. Could you show me a post by a member of this forum showing that?

And secondly noone is playing victim.

Destroying a persons reputation because he dared asked a question of Obama and Obama wishes he could rephrase his answer is not the type of country your god and your religion and your own personal credo wishes it to be , so why make fucking excuses for the low lifes who think everyone is fair game?

What happened o Joe was wrong, you and i both know it.

From Missus:

That said, the way the pro-Obama media and bloggers, and Obama himself, have responded to Joe has got me nearly shaking with rage. They are attempting to destroy a man

Is that proof enough Bt? And before you say that the words were not hers, please note that she did say that they were written better than she could express it herself. It is right there in black and white.

I'm not defending the press, McCain, or Obama or any of the dirty politics that get played in this system. But don't you defend this damned system and then turn around and bitch about the consequences of it. Moreover, don't give me the hypocritical crap that somehow Obama is worse about it than anyone else. That's what really strikes me in all of this. As if W, McCain, Clinton, Reagan, or any of them would have let one simpleton stand in their way to the presidency. To scoff at it because Obama is the Democrat is a joke.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 07:38:43 PM »
Is that proof enough Bt? And before you say that the words were not hers, please note that she did say that they were written better than she could express it herself. It is right there in black and white.

What the hell has happened to you _JSOV?

I'm not defending the press, McCain, or Obama or any of the dirty politics that get played in this system. But don't you defend this damned system and then turn around and bitch about the consequences of it. Moreover, don't give me the hypocritical crap that somehow Obama is worse about it than anyone else. That's what really strikes me in all of this. As if W, McCain, Clinton, Reagan, or any of them would have let one simpleton stand in their way to the presidency. To scoff at it because Obama is the Democrat is a joke.

Sure you are. Would you destroy a neighbor because you didn't like his choice in music, you didn't like the color he painted his house, the church he attends, or doesn't attend; or any other expression of choice?

Would you destroy him because he said the Cubs and Dolphins suck and was quoted on the news as saying so and the Phillies and Eagles management put the quotes in the lockerrom, firing up the players and costing your teams the championship?

Would you?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »
Destroy Joe the Plumber? Please. It was pointed out - by the media, mind you - that the man had a tax lien on his property and may not have been properly licensed or certified or whatever to work as a plumber in his locality. Hardly qualifies as destroying the man. All he needs to do is pay his taxes and get whatever permit/license/certification he needs to meet the requirements. Or he can ignore it and go back to the same ole same ole, doing unlicensed work and sucking up suds with the other Joe Six-Packs on Friday night. In a month, I doubt anyone will remember him enough to even think to check to see if he is licensed to do the work.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »
Destroy Joe the Plumber? Please. It was pointed out - by the media, mind you ....

And what made him worthy of the descent locusts upon his house? He asked Obama a question.

And Obama gave him an answer that was heard around the world.

But the real reason was because McCain used that interaction in a debate and left Obama stuttering.

Can't have that.

What is interesting is we know more about Joe the Plumber than we do about Tony Rezko.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 09:33:42 PM »
Idon't think we know more about Joe the Plumber than we do about Tony Rezko. You just wish that Tony Rezko was important enough to cause Obama to lose. And he isn't.

Joe the plumber will no doubt benefit more from Obama's tax cuts than McCain's. It will be rather a long time before Joe can buy out his boss, I think, if ever.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »
You just wish that Tony Rezko was important enough to cause Obama to lose. And he isn't.

No Rezko won't cause his loss. Seeds of doubt will cause his loss.

Obama hasn't closed the deal. He knows it and so do the pollsters.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 11:21:38 PM »
And what made him worthy of the descent locusts upon his house? He asked Obama a question.

And Obama gave him an answer that was heard around the world.

But the real reason was because McCain used that interaction in a debate ...

Over and over and over and over.

And over.

The old fart wouldn't shut up about him.

Took the place of the repetition that he was a maverick.

Any stuttering I saw on Obama's part was because McCain wouldn't shut the fuck up and let him talk. He seemed to always have to get the last word in, even if he had to talk over Obama to do it.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2008, 11:25:53 PM »
The old fart wouldn't shut up about him.

Well that certainly explains why the media and bloggers decided that every detail of Joe's life become public record.

Not sure whether it justifies it though.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2008, 11:47:06 PM »
Anytime some individual becomes part of a debate, the media is going to dredge up all the facts.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008, 11:48:47 PM »
Anytime some individual becomes part of a debate, the media is going to dredge up all the facts.

His tax lien was pertinent to the debate?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2008, 11:54:01 PM »

His tax lien was pertinent to the debate?

=======================================
Joe claimed that he was going to buy a business that earned over $250K a year, and he couldn't not pay even $1600 in taxes. So of course it is pertinent, because Joe's case was bogus. Joe seems not to have a pot to p*ss in.

Small businesses may create most of the jobs, but that would be when it is a NEW business, not one that just changes hands. There are a finite number of drains to unclog, a finite number of houses to plumb.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 12:01:56 AM »
Joe claimed that he was going to buy a business that earned over $250K a year, and he couldn't not pay even $1600 in taxes. So of course it is pertinent, because Joe's case was bogus. Joe seems not to have a pot to p*ss in.

Joe claimed he wanted to buy a business...

I understand Al Franken is in the same situation except he doesn't have a pot to piss in in 39 states.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 12:20:26 AM »
Meanwhile Obama's Campaign Treasurer has a tax lien against him

http://webofdeception.com/nesbitt.html