Author Topic: Four Freedoms  (Read 11520 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Four Freedoms
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »
<<Joe claimed he wanted to buy a business... >>

In the memorable words of Uncle Junior Soprano, to the FBI agent who wants to nail Tony's ass to the wall   - - "And I want to fuck Angie Dickinson.  Let's see which one of us gets lucky first."

Wishing only the best to Joe the Plumber, it seems with no licence and tax liens waiting to be cleared off his house, it does look like he has rather a long row to hoe before he gets into a position to be able to buy a business that can generate a quarter-million dollars a year in annual pre-tax income for him.  One would think that Joey Baby would have more pressing problems to deal with on his plate right now.  That his "concerns" were, to say the least, a little premature.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »
Joe claimed that he was going to buy a business that earned over $250K a year, and he couldn't not pay even $1600 in taxes. So of course it is pertinent, because Joe's case was bogus. Joe seems not to have a pot to p*ss in.

Joe claimed he wanted to buy a business...

I understand Al Franken is in the same situation except he doesn't have a pot to piss in in 39 states.

=================================
Does Al Franken want to buy a business?

Joe's problem is that he publicly announced that he is going to buy the business when he has no money to do it with.

Al Franken is funny. Minnesotans should lend him money, so he can run for the Senate.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 11:38:21 AM »
Not sure whether it justifies it though.

The American public seems to have indicated to the press that they are interested in knowing such details about anyone who becomes a public figure, whether it is by choice or by accident. The press is catering to those whims, and have been for years. Do I care that he has a tax lien and doesn't have the proper licenses to do the work he does? I could care less, other than it puts a further burden on other, honest taxpayers, and puts the people he does work for at risk. He's small potatoes in the worldwide scheme of things, as far as I'm concerned, but there are people who, having seen him dredged up over and over during the debate, want to know more about him. The information about the tax lien and the license is most likely a matter of public record. If he hadn't wanted someone to dig it out, maybe he should have stayed away from the cameras. Once he stepped into the media spotlight, he became fair game.

Is it right? Is it justified? Ask the American public.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 12:18:31 PM »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »
The information about the tax lien and the license is most likely a matter of public record. If he hadn't wanted someone to dig it out, maybe he should have stayed away from the cameras. Once he stepped into the media spotlight, he became fair game.

So when Obama walked into his yard, he should have run?

Doesn't sound right to me.

And I don't believe he needs a license if he works for a licensed plumber. Not for residential work in the state of Ohio.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »
And I don't believe he needs a license if he works for a licensed plumber. Not for residential work in the state of Ohio.

Maybe not in the state of Ohio, but maybe you should reread my reply #3 to this thread.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »
This?

Golis said there are no records of inspectors citing Wurzelbacher for unlicensed work in Toledo.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »
No, this:

But Wurzelbacher still would need to be a licensed apprentice or journeyman to work in Toledo, and he's not, said David Golis, manager and residential building official for the Toledo Division of Building Inspection.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2008, 02:29:01 PM »
What the hell has happened to you _JSOV?

What do you want from me? I've attacked this system, both economically and politically to be called some really nasty names such as: "anti-Semitic," "hateful," "mass murderer." What is it you want from me?

Sure you are. Would you destroy a neighbor because you didn't like his choice in music, you didn't like the color he painted his house, the church he attends, or doesn't attend; or any other expression of choice?

Would you destroy him because he said the Cubs and Dolphins suck and was quoted on the news as saying so and the Phillies and Eagles management put the quotes in the lockerrom, firing up the players and costing your teams the championship?

Would you?

Of course not.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 02:29:51 PM »
Does he work inside the city limits of Toledo?

He hasn't been cited for working without a license there.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 02:41:43 PM »
What do you want from me? I've attacked this system, both economically and politically to be called some really nasty names such as: "anti-Semitic," "hateful," "mass murderer." What is it you want from me?

I've never called you those names. And having known you for at least 10 years on the boards and in the old chat i have always known you to avoid the cheap shot generalities that so many lesser posters are prone to make. I've always known where you were coming from, always learned something from your thoughtful posts and can even understand the why's of your political thought evolution, though i may not agree with it does not mean i don't respect the thought you have put into it.

There is an anger and impatience that seems to be coming through now that wasn't there before , is more aimed at groups of people instead of specific people, like the one you challenged to meet behind the Dairy Queen, lo all those years ago.

I would like to see that old demeanor come back. That is what i want from you.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »

Holland, Ohio is right outside Toledo - I'm sure you can use Google or Yahoo maps. It would be a fair guess that he does work in Toledo from time to time.

Probably because no one ever checked. Now, while he is making the media rounds lamenting his plight, he is whining that he is unable to work, possibly because now his boss and everyone else knows he is unlicensed.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 06:16:35 PM »
Holland, Ohio is right outside Toledo - I'm sure you can use Google or Yahoo maps.

And where i live is right outside the city of atlanta, same county I'm having a hard time remembering the last time i did work inside the city limits.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2008, 03:45:34 AM »
Fair points Bt. I'll endeavor to do better.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »

Holland, Ohio is right outside Toledo - I'm sure you can use Google or Yahoo maps. It would be a fair guess that he does work in Toledo from time to time.

Probably because no one ever checked. Now, while he is making the media rounds lamenting his plight, he is whining that he is unable to work, possibly because now his boss and everyone else knows he is unlicensed.

So some have greatness thrust upon them, he cannot get plumbing work , but he can make a circuit of talkshows.

If I see Obama coming into my yard I will smile and say the Hatch act.