Author Topic: Angry Iraqi Throws Shoe at Bush  (Read 12239 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Angry Iraqi Throws Shoe at Bush
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »
The real liar is the one that accuses others of lying whwn they are telling the truth.

The truth is he was not a cheerleader in college, you said he was, therefore you were not telling the truth.

I don't think Ami was calling you a liar, I think he implied you were a dumbass, but i can't speak for him.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 09:04:27 PM »
Juniorbush WAS a cheerleader at Andover, a precollege richkids' school.

Was George W. Bush a cheerleader in high school?
By F Dubya Asked Dec 7 2005 7:58PM    
Pts

Welcome to Answerbag, a community of people sharing what they know.
signup now

Top Answer out of 7
by Anonymous1 on Jul 3, 2008 at 9:50 pm Permalink

George W. Bush attended Phillip's Academy in Andover Massachusetts. At the time it was an all boys' high school, so the cheeleaders were boys, too. George Bush was one of those cheerleaders. He was a senior in 1963 and was head cheerleader.

Pts

Rate Answer

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 09:06:33 PM »
High school is not college.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 09:10:05 PM »
kind of ironic...if the guy throwing the shoe had done that to Saddam he probably would be dead or imprisoned

OUCH.......touche' CU4
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

richpo64

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 10:02:33 PM »
>>So you think that throwing shoes should merit an instant death penalty. Typical.<<

See if you can keep up here BO.

How did this guy get close enough to throw something at the president? How did he survived such a thing? Are the SS trained to kill a guy who does this, or what?

I'm sure you wish he had a bomb and would have killed the president. That would be more typical.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 11:39:30 PM »
The Second point, very concerning, is that the guy was able to get one shoe off and throw it right at Bush in the first place; then, scariest of all, is that he was able to get a second shoe off and throw it as well before any secret service was even close to him.

I've been thinking about that too. Where was the Secret Service? Would a guy bending down and taking off his shoes, at the very least, attract some attention? And then, if they were watching that you would think that they would have noticed him getting ready to pitch the shoe. And yet he managed to throw BOTH shoes.  :-\

Knutey

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 12:38:50 AM »
The real liar is the one that accuses others of lying whwn they are telling the truth.

The truth is he was not a cheerleader in college, you said he was, therefore you were not telling the truth.

I don't think Ami was calling you a liar, I think he implied you were a dumbass, but i can't speak for him.

Good God! You are everybit as anal and shallow as Ami- Of course, for you, that is a promotion.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 12:47:40 AM »
How did this guy get close enough to throw something at the president?

The guy was a emember of the Iraqi press corps.

How did he survived such a thing?

You saw the tape. It is not hard to survive throwing a pair of shoes.

Are the SS trained to kill a guy who does this, or what?

No, apparently, they are not. This is fortunate.

Had they actually killed the shoe thrower, it would not have
been good for Iraqi relations.

I did not say Juniorbush was a cheerleader in college, but as a student he WAS a cheerleader. I do not see why this is such a major difference

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 01:43:34 AM »
I did not say Juniorbush was a cheerleader in college,

I did not say you did.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »
I reminded her that he was a cheerleader in college. A football player would have caught the shoes. A wussy cheerleader ducks.

Glad you "reminded" her of incorrect information. But that's about par for the course.

And he played baseball in high school - and they are also trained to duck when the ball is thrown at them and they don't have a glove on.

The real liar is the one that accuses others of lying whwn they are telling the truth. We were talking about FOOTball. The Bushidiot did not play football in college. He was an cheerleader at Andover and those guys are usually wusses.

If you're telling the truth then at which college was Bush a cheerleader? Andover is a high school.

As BT said in another thread - "liar".
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »

I was calling him a dumbass initially. But since he came back and insisted he was not lying and then claimed a high school as evidence for something he said happened in college makes him a liar - now we know that Knutty KNEW he was a cheerleader in high school and intentionally mis-stated it as happening in college.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 11:39:36 AM »

I was calling him a dumbass initially. But since he came back and insisted he was not lying and then claimed a high school as evidence for something he said happened in college makes him a liar - now we know that Knutty KNEW he was a cheerleader in high school and intentionally mis-stated it as happening in college.

Only an anal retentive idiot savant such as yourself would fixate on one word and miss the  truth of the matter and then worsen that by calling someeone that told the essential truth a liar . I may or may not be  mistaken about Bush cheerleading at Yale, but there are many  that say  he was.

Bush almost instinctively managed to always be in the center of the action, an ubiquitous, noisy presence at school events. He was the head football cheerleader his senior year, a member of his class rock-and-roll band, the Torqueys – not singing or playing an instrument but clapping – and organizer of the school's stickball league.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/wh2000/stories/bush072799.htm

But for you to call me a liar because of one possible mistatement  , makes you the worst liar of all. I was absolutely correct in the real point I was making which is that the Bushidiot did not play FOOTball in college , moron. I can admit a mistake and therefore can still learn Since you already think you know it al,l you cant.

Actually it looks more like you are the liar and dumbass than I.

and more to the point:
he 1916 cheerleaders — like many of their classmates — came from elite secondary schools such as Andover, Hotchkiss, St. Paul’s and others. In fact, George W. Bush ’68, his father George H.W. Bush ’48 and his grandfather Prescott Sheldon Bush ’16 were all members of the Yale Cheerleading Squad. In these ways, the early cheerleaders truly served as leaders of the Yale community in all aspects of their lives.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/23183

BTW I posted the pic from Andover because it was the goofiest looking one I could find of the goofball.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:45:09 AM by Knutey »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
BTW I posted the pic from Andover because it was the goofiest looking one I could find of the goofball.

Please post a pic of him cheerleading at Yale.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 12:46:56 PM »
I have no idea why this is of any importance to anyone.

I think the point was that Juniorbush was not a macho football player, but a sissy cheerleader.

Again. I don't think this matters to anyone.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
"I think the point was that Juniorbush was not a macho football player,
but a sissy cheerleader"

I bet that "sissy" could kick your ass!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987