Author Topic: Only 45?  (Read 1236 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Only 45?
« on: April 07, 2007, 01:16:13 AM »
http://www.judicialwatch.org/6241.shtml

Zogby Poll : 45% of Likely Voters Concerned there will be “High Levels of Corruption in the White House” if Hillary is Elected President

The_Professor

Re: Only 45?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 01:36:44 PM »
Let's see:

"I've done the best I can to lead my life ... You know, I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was fulfill my profession, which I entered before my husband was in public life." Ouch! I guess staying at home and raising your children is a demeaning position, huh?

During the political damage control over the Gennifer Flowers episode during her husband's 1992 presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton said in a joint 60 Minutes interview, "I'm not sitting here as some little woman 'standing by my man' like Tammy Wynette. I'm sitting here because I love him and I respect him, and I honor what he's been through and what we've been through together." The seemingly sneering reference to country music provoked immediate criticism that Clinton was culturally tone-deaf, and Tammy Wynette herself did not like the remark because her classic song "Stand by Your Man" is not written in the first person.

When the McDougals' savings and loan failed in 1994, federal investigators subpoenaed Clinton's legal billing records for auditing purposes. Hillary Clinton claimed to be unable to produce these records. After an extensive, two-year search, the records were found in the first lady's book room in the White House and delivered to investigators in 1996. The delayed appearance of the billing records sparked intense interest and another investigation about how they surfaced and where they had been. Sorry, I just forgot all about where I put them!

On November 11, 1999, at the dedication of a U.S.-funded health program in the West Bank, Hillary Clinton exchanged kisses with Suha Arafat, wife of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat, after Suha Arafat had delivered a speech claiming that Israel had deliberately poisoned Palestinians through environmental degradation and the use of "poisonous gas". This caused immediate controversy among some Israeli supporters, who said that Clinton never should have kissed the wife of a terrorist leader, especially after such inflammatory remarks. The following day, Clinton denounced Suha Arafat's allegations, and Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said that Suha Arafat had been referring to 'tear gas' and not 'poison gas'.[45]  Politically feasible, I suppose.

And Filegate...and Travelgate... and ????

All this being said to merely point out that both the Clintons have some dubious character issues. Then again, President Bush and Co. are not immune. And before someone like Domer says "Oh, yeah, but Hillary is more ethical than Dubya!", I propose that MORE is not good enough. Let's for once set our sights high and look for real character, not A character and not worry so danged much about Party, shall we?