• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: HAVA
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »
But even if it happened, it's one isolated incident

And even if your statement was true, which it isn't, as anyone who is also familiar with Mayor Daley and Cook County politics knows. or anyone who knows how LBJ came to be known as Landslide Lyndon, can attest, that still doesn't make voter fraud right. And you seem to be excusing it if it comes from the dem side of the aisle. My question is why?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »
Never heard of it.  But even if it happened, it's one isolated incident, whereas Republican suppression of black votes is massive, constant and ROUTINELY deprives tens of thousands of their votes, election after election.

Actually, voter fraud by Democrats is rampant. Only a portion of the incidents have been reported here.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
Never heard of it.  But even if it happened, it's one isolated incident, whereas Republican suppression of black votes is massive, constant and ROUTINELY deprives tens of thousands of their votes, election after election.

Actually, voter fraud by Democrats is rampant. Only a portion of the incidents have been reported here.

But....but...it gets far more Democrats elected, Ami.  So such blatant violaton of the law in that case, is OK.  The much more vague, unsubstantiated claims of voter suppression should be the greater focus.

What was that reference Tee was using regarding diversion from the main issue again?    ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 02:08:05 PM »
Well, looks like I was wrong.  There's a lot of voter fraud that I overlooked.  Can't argue otherwise.  I still think that in present times, Republicans must be a bigger beneficiary of black voter suppression than they are of voter fraud, otherwise they would concen themselves more with preventing suppression of black votes and less with so-called voter fraud.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 02:10:04 PM »
Well, looks like I was wrong.  There's a lot of voter fraud that I overlooked.  Can't argue otherwise.  I still think that in present times, Republicans must be a bigger beneficiary of black voter suppression than they are of voter fraud, otherwise they would concen themselves more with preventing suppression of black votes and less with so-called voter fraud.

Both are illegal, both should be prosecuted when discovered.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:44:29 PM by Amianthus »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

The_Professor

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 02:55:13 PM »
<<What part of "The Georgia law recently proposed eliminated the fee for photo ids for people of low income," did you not understand?>>

The part that wasn't quoted - - - how the poor go about proving that they are "people of low income."  The forms they gotta fill out.  The challenges those forms will receive.  The number of attendances required - - get the forms, bring 'em back filled out, go for the photo, bring other ID when you get the photo taken, go home because you didn't know other ID would be required, come back and get the photo.

And that's just the start.  Bring your photo to the polling booth.  Hey, Billy Bob this nigger here claims he's the same nigger in this here picture.  More hassles, more obstruction.

Believe me, the Republican Party knows what it's doing.  To solve a non-existent problem, a golden opportunity arised to put more obstacles in the way between black people and the polling booth.  A stroke of pure genius.

Well ,a 1040z will prove it, readily.

The_Professor

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 02:57:32 PM »
<<The purpose of photo id's is to eliminate fraud at the polls. >>

What a joke.  To solve a problem that doesn't exist, they create a solution that effectively puts a thousand yards of red tape between a black man and his vote.

<<Sounds like that is not a priority with you. >>

What, robbing blacks of their votes isn't a priority with me?  Why should it be?  Too bad it is with you.

<<And since when are blacks less capable of filling out forms than whites. >>

Being economically disadvantaged, they are much less likely to have photo ID than whites - - a point that the very article you posted has acknowledged.  It isn't a question of less capable, it's a question of how many obstacles they are forced to wade through, just to vote.  The proposed "solution" to the non-existent "problem" is in reality the creation of a whole obstacle course for black voters, only the first step of which is the filling out of the forms.  As the Florida election has proven, even a simple ballot can be made confusing and incomprehensible to blacks, poor seniors, or anyone else likely to vote Democratic, why expect good old Republican ingenuity to limit itself to the design of ballots, think what they could do with an actual government form.

<<What a pile of paternalistic crap. >>

Now it's "paternalistic" to object to Republican efforts to disenfranchise the blacks.  I'll bet the same bullshit argument was raised in the Sixties, it was ":paternalistic" for whites to join in the Civil Rights movement.  You guys are hilarious, as if anyone over the age of thirteen could ever fall for your manipulative, intimidating form of "argument."  As if a blind man couldn't see through it.

Getting photos are dirt cheap. My wife and I got four passport photos for our upcoming international trip fast and cheap. We just went to the corner Walgreens, paid $2.32 for the four photos. It took, and I timed it, six minutes.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 04:26:43 PM by The_Professor »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 03:29:38 PM »
Both are illegal, both should be presecuted when discovered

Bingo

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 04:01:35 PM »
<<There were thousands of people in Maryland a few years ago that got out of their graves to vote for the Democratic candidate for governor, then calmly got back into their graves.>>

You have reversed what never happens with what always happens .

So few Democrats lie quiet in their graves .

You can't find a lot of  instance of voter supression in the last few elections , I mean not really , how many such instances were alledged is very diffrent than the nuymber that there is actually any evidence for.

If there is evidence of either sort of cheating , and the prosicutor involved seems uninterested in prosicution , then fireing him is proper.

Most of the law in voteing is state law , don't you know that if a Democrat in Florida were to prosicute a Republican vote cheat he would be a hero and a shoo in himself in the next election for a Democratic district , I take the lack of prosicicution , when the reward of such prosicution would be so great as evidence of evidence being absent.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
Both are illegal, both should be presecuted when discovered

Bingo

I'll ditto that bingo.  Yet somehow, Tee seems to want to only focus on 1, while pretty much minimizing, if not ignoring the other.   Hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder why     
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »

Why would you think so?

Very few prosicutions indicate either that there is little useable evidence or that there are few Democrat lawyers.