Author Topic: Half-wits in Rio can't even do an Olympics  (Read 2948 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Half-wits in Rio can't even do an Olympics
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 09:59:54 AM »
When I lived in Mexico, I took the buses and streetcars every day.
Mexicans range from European to  Mexican, and you can sort of tell by their features.
The 30¢ buses (then old converted US former school buses, populated by riders who cared about saving 20 centavos ( 1/5th of 8¢ US)  were rarely as smelly as the fancier 50¢ buses. There were more standees on the cheaper buses, because that seats ran parallel to the sides of the bus, rather than in crosswise rows. Even with more arms raised on the cheaper buses you could tell the difference.

The streetcars were retired from Chicago. St Louis and Kansas City in the 1950's.

Poor Mexicans live on beans, corn, tortillas ans veggies. Richer ones eat more meat.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »
  A richer diet does not make you smell better, or even live longer, as long as the minimums are met.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 08:14:02 PM »
People get used to smells after regular exposure.

The classrooms at my university, where almost all the students were Black was never objectionable.

The foulest smelling school where I taught was at Thomas Stone HS in Waldorf, MD.
Westport-Ocosta HS in Washington State was pretty foul when the wind blew in from the Bay City Crab Dump. There was some sort of crab processing place that dumped their refuse there and it was always smoldering. It was a unique, but quite foul odor. The area got about 70 in of rainfall a year, but it was never enough to put out the smoldering crab dump.

Bay City consisted of about twenty houses. They said that there were once nearly 500 people living there, but the crab dump drove most of them away, they said.---

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 09:24:56 PM »
  Do you believe in pheromones?

Not just that there is such a thing , but that human beings are using them ?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 09:43:59 AM »
Do you believe in pheromones?

Not just that there is such a thing , but that human beings are using them ?

I see ads for men's colognes that are supposed to have pheromones in them. I see the same ads in every issue of Automobile magazine for three years, so they must be selling well enough to pay for the ads.

I assume that the cologne in question contains pheromones, but I have no lab in which to prove this.

I have noticed that I am attracted strongly to some women and that others repel me, and there is no obvious reason. Pheromones could well be the reason for this.

So I am inclined to believe in them.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 12:18:12 AM »
http://www.ashenburg.com/thedirtonclean/facts.asp

Napoleon and Josephine were fastidious for their time in that they both took a long, hot, daily bath. But Napoleon wrote Josephine from a campaign, "I will return to Paris tomorrow evening. Don't wash."

I bet Napoleon would have erased that e-Mail.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 01:39:05 PM »
If you notice mostly japanese and americans are the main complainers. The trait both have in common is obsessive hygiene. Not hygiene but obsessive hygiene. So highly likely it's not that people are smelly but that some folks have unhealthy obsession with smells.

I'm m guilty. I love my daily shower and i never wear the same cloths twice in a day . Now i cant stand strong perfumes. In europe i look but cant be close to attractive women. They get confuse why i keep a distance.