Author Topic: DeLay getting back into the political game  (Read 2012 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DeLay getting back into the political game
« on: December 11, 2006, 02:01:07 PM »
Monday, December 11, 2006

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay is building a national political organization with the goal of having a chapter in every Congressional District, as the Texas Republican seeks to restore his party to power in 2008.

DeLay, who resigned from Congress last year to fight charges that he violated Texas campaign finance law, is using a blog to recruit conservatives to join the Grassroots, Action, and Information Network (GAIN).

"If the past two election cycles have taught us anything, it's that a strong, focused, and activated grassroots network is key to achieving victory," DeLay said in a statement announcing his new effort. "This entire operation is designed around finding conservative individuals in each congressional district and motivating them to act on behalf of our principles."

DeLay said his goal to become "the largest truly grassroots conservative organization in the United States."

-- CNN Political Editor Mark Preston

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: DeLay getting back into the political game
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 02:03:28 PM »
He is not locked up yet?

I am disapointed in the trumped up charges .

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:11:22 PM »
He is not locked up yet?

He is merely under indictment so far.

Unlike Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., who is merely being investigated after agents discovered $90,000 in cash stuffed in his freezer, and has not been charged or indicted yet.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 02:21:56 PM »
He is not locked up yet?

He is merely under indictment so far.

Unlike Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., who is merely being investigated after agents discovered $90,000 in cash stuffed in his freezer, and has not been charged or indicted yet.

It is not fair to compare Jefferson to DeLay.

Due to the appearance of Evil DeLay stepped down , Jefferson has been reelected practicly waveing Cold Cash in the air.

Democrats do not care about Democratic Corruption .

Republicans do care about Republican corruption.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

I think it is a very apt comparison. Someone earlier made reference to the Dems promise to tackle lobbying and election reform, then pointed at Jefferson as some sort of example that maybe they wouldn't. As I pointed out,though, Jefferson has not been charged or indicted; he is merely being investigated at the moment. How many times have we heard howls of 'wait and see what the investigation turns up' when it was a Republican under the microscope?

Seems a bit of a double standard, eh, what?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »
This entire operation is designed around finding conservative individuals in each congressional district and motivating them to act on behalf of our principles."

=================================================================
principles?  ¡¡¿¿PRINCIPLES??!!   He ain' got no principles! TOM DE LAY DOAN' NEED NO STEENKEENG PRINCIPLES!!!
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 09:50:38 PM »

I think it is a very apt comparison. Someone earlier made reference to the Dems promise to tackle lobbying and election reform, then pointed at Jefferson as some sort of example that maybe they wouldn't. As I pointed out,though, Jefferson has not been charged or indicted; he is merely being investigated at the moment. How many times have we heard howls of 'wait and see what the investigation turns up' when it was a Republican under the microscope?

Seems a bit of a double standard, eh, what?

Duke Cunningham is a fair comparison to Jefferson, there was real evidence of a real crime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_%22Duke%22_Cunningham

Tom DeLay was attacked with charges that are flimsy and may not be actually illeagal.

Make a list for me of Democrats who have been treated the way that DeLay has.
Or an even shorter list of Democrats tha stepped down to avoid the appearance of evil.

I don't think it is impossible that all charges will be dropped, since they are so flimsy .
This indictment is being drawn out and milked for political purpose.

Make the most direct comparison you can , use as many examples as you please , you have this impression to fight.

That Republican voters care about Republican corruption and Democratic voters care about Republican corruption.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 11:35:16 PM »
I was very disappointed that Jefferson won.   I hoped we'd never see him again, except at a trial.  He's a disgrace.  I can't understand why his constituents voted for him.  I'm concerned about corruption whether it has an R or a D after the name. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 11:40:09 PM »
I was very disappointed that Jefferson won.   I hoped we'd never see him again, except at a trial.  He's a disgrace.  I can't understand why his constituents voted for him.  I'm concerned about corruption whether it has an R or a D after the name. 

So you would advocate that he resign and let the governor appoint his replacement?