Author Topic: Pasteurized Eggs  (Read 1834 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pasteurized Eggs
« on: February 14, 2007, 05:19:51 PM »
Mostly for XO. I was in the market the other day (Harris Teeter, I believe) and noticed the pasteurized eggs. Since XO hadn't known about them, I whipped out my cell phone and took a picture for him.

(Click on the small picture for a larger version.)
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Pasteurized Eggs
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »
Mostly for XO. I was in the market the other day (Harris Teeter, I believe) and noticed the pasteurized eggs. Since XO hadn't known about them, I whipped out my cell phone and took a picture for him.

(Click on the small picture for a larger version.)

Interesting. I've never heard of this - does it lessen or eliminate the risk of salmonella? How about bird flu?

I would love to see those in Amman, but I'm not holding my breath. Generally the eggs are so fresh here that I have to wash them... and the cats attack me when I come in the door with the eggs. *Bwak!*

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 08:37:48 PM »
Interesting. I've never heard of this - does it lessen or eliminate the risk of salmonella? How about bird flu?

Yes & probably.

I would love to see those in Amman, but I'm not holding my breath. Generally the eggs are so fresh here that I have to wash them... and the cats attack me when I come in the door with the eggs. *Bwak!*

They've been sold in the US since about '92. They're great for various recipe that call for uncooked eggs.

Also, eggs that fresh don't taste as good. They should age a few days before eating.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 09:26:04 PM »
They've been sold in the US since about '92. They're great for various recipe that call for uncooked eggs.

doesn`t a real ceaser salad use raw?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 09:45:44 PM »
doesn`t a real ceaser salad use raw?

Yup, or coddled.