Author Topic: Unintended consequence  (Read 3270 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Unintended consequence
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 12:20:34 AM »
with some exception pro-life organization is anti-birthcontrol .

I said no pre-marital sex for a reason

I think you have mistaken a minority for the majority.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 02:38:54 AM »
more visible minority,

I`ve been to afew prolife rallies and the wording touches abit more than the subject of abortion.

consistantly

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 06:30:06 AM »
more visible minority,

I`ve been to afew prolife rallies and the wording touches abit more than the subject of abortion.

consistantly

That is opposite my experience.

Since I can't actually take a scientific survey , I will speak for myself.

I do not think that taking effective birth controll measures for many years by many persons represents nearly as much evil as a single abortion.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 09:53:51 AM »
I meant the pro-life org does not solely push for abolishment of abortion.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
At the core of the anti-choice movement are the die-hard Catholics and others that believe that the Wages of Sin are bastard children. Unwanted pregnancy is God's punishment for irresponsible women fooling around. These are traditionalists, as hidebound and reactionary as the Taliban or the Wahabbi Muslims. Then there are a number of people who are less rigid, and some who are for allowing some, but not all abortions.

As for the possible calculation of evil, ie the evil of abortion vs. the evils of birth control, there would need to be a scientific Scale of Evil for that. I deem that this is impossible, since actual evil cannot be calculated, only the results of evil actions, which vary greatly.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 11:13:03 AM »
I meant the pro-life org does not solely push for abolishment of abortion.

You're going to have to provide some proof of this "more than the abolishment of abortion" claim, by the "Pro-life org", Kimba.  It's been my consistent observation that it's strictly an abortion issue.  There are fringes/extremes to every group, but as Plane as referenced, is a very small minority.  If its some "vocal minority", sure you can provide some evidence of that.  I'm guessing you'll fine very little, if any, which is why the use of pro-life/pro-choice is a PC derivative of what's always been about, by the vast majority....anti-abortion vs pro-abortion, since "pro-lifers" are for all choice EXCEPT abortion
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »
yeah proof is gonna be tough since I`m going my what i observed from what spoken in rallies and memories of what people say on tv years ago.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
All attempts to prove anything to sirs' satisfaction have been fruitless.

Save your pixels.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 04:40:39 PM »
Especially when proof is never presented, by the likes of Xo.  We're obligated to simply take his word on everything.  Case in point
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 02:12:33 AM »
At the core of the anti-choice movement are the die-hard Catholics and others that believe that the Wages of Sin are bastard children. Unwanted pregnancy is God's punishment for irresponsible women fooling around. These are traditionalists, as hidebound and reactionary as the Taliban or the Wahabbi Muslims. Then there are a number of people who are less rigid, and some who are for allowing some, but not all abortions.

As for the possible calculation of evil, ie the evil of abortion vs. the evils of birth control, there would need to be a scientific Scale of Evil for that. I deem that this is impossible, since actual evil cannot be calculated, only the results of evil actions, which vary greatly.

I am right here.

You need not argue with any theroetical fundie , I am an actual Fundie.

I beleive that we also have Catholic members , so we don't have to guess wildly about that quarter either simply ask rather then setting up strawmen.

Wild guesses about the attitudes = not necessacery.

Truely Science does nothing to measure Evil , but this does not make it rediculous to say that some evil is greater than other evil. It may be subjective , yet still very clearly so.

Is cutting in line and making you wait longer for your turn an evil?
Sure it is .
Is slaying you as you stand in line so that you never get a turn at all a greater evil?