Author Topic: "Who's on 1st?"  (Read 27487 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Who's on 1st?"
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »
So you avoided the original question? Which was:
"Just to be clear, are you saying to be Muslim is to be a radical muslim?"

No I did not avoid the original question, because you do not like or appreciate my
answer does not mean I avoided anything. Any religion including Islam is a
"cafeteria" of beliefs. As I have repeatedly stated humans are free to believe
whatever they want to believe. The problem is that there are enough violent
Muslims (unlike any other current day religion) that world peace is threatened
and thousands of innocent people are being slaughtered by violent Muslims
that state Islam is their motivation. Not every Muslim is flying planes into buildings
or strapping on bomb belts...just like every German didn't turn the gas on the Jews,
but enough Muslims are extremely violent and slaughter innocents that it reflects
badly on the entire group. How could it be otherwise? Would Muslims slaughtering
innocent people in the name of their religion be a positive reflection?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2011, 12:23:02 AM »
Would Muslims slaughtering innocent people in the name of their religion be a positive reflection?

No more than Catholic Priests being pedophiles would be a positive reflection on that religion. But i haven't heard the charge that all catholics are pedophiles because of those same priests, nor have i heard that all catholic priest are pedophiles because of the actions of those who are. And i certainly haven't heard that any catholic former or active should be suspected of pedophilia and treated accordingly because of the action of those who are.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2011, 01:58:46 AM »
Nor have I heard the charge that all Muslims are radical terrorists.  Please Bt, show us who actually is making that claim
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2011, 12:42:24 PM »
Nor have I heard the charge that all Muslims are radical terrorists.  Please Bt, show us who actually is making that claim

If someone performs an act in your name then you are just as guilty of the act  as if you did it yourself. How many times have we heard that?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2011, 01:27:37 PM »
I don't know.  You tell us.  I sure as hell haven't made that claim.  I don't recall Cu4 making that claim.  Care to site some sources?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »
I am saying to be Muslim is to be a part of a specific group that currently
has a HUGE violence problem within it where enough Muslims motivated
by Islam threaten world peace & all other religions pale in comparison in 2011.
http://debategate.com/new3dhs/3dhs/%27who%27s-on-1st%27/msg121082/#msg121082

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »
So, now you'll demonstrate that happening to be a part of that group, that Cu4 is claiming they are guilty of the crimes commited by those who use their religion to commit those crimes

I'm all eyes

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
So, now you'll demonstrate that happening to be a part of that group, that Cu4 is claiming they are guilty of the crimes commited by those who use their religion to commit those crimes

I'm all eyes

If they weren't guilty of the actions of the group why include them within the group.

As for you, you said that the location of the Park51 Mosque was an insult to the relatives of those who died on 9-11 because Bin Laden performed those actions in the name of Islam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »

I'm all eyes

If they weren't guilty of the actions of the group why include them within the group.

Because it happens to be a fact.  Muslims who practice Islam and Muslim terrorists who murder in the name of Islam happen to be within the same group.  It's no more simpler than that.  It sure as hell doesn't translate that all Muslims, radical terrorists

Care to try again?

As for you, you said that the location of the Park51 Mosque was an insult to the relatives of those who died on 9-11 because Bin Laden performed those actions in the name of Islam.

No, IIRC, I didn't say insult, I said grossly insensitive.  Let's nip that misrepresentation effort in the bud.  And the fact that I've also concluded that the Mosque can pretty much be built anywhere else reinforces the point that it's not about Muslims = radical terrorists, and all about location
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:56:22 PM by sirs »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
And the location objection applies to non radical Muslims, because...?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2011, 02:54:25 PM »
Because *cues the quote..."1 more time"*, its grossly insensitive to build a structure in the name of a religion, so close in proximity to where terrorists killed thousands in the name of that religion

Because if its built even a few more blocks away, this isn't an issue

The majority of the country gets that.  Why you keep trying to defend a concept that's never been the case (muslims are radical terrorsts) is very telling. 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »
Because *cues the quote..."1 more time"*, its grossly insensitive to build a structure in the name of a religion, so close in proximity to where terrorists killed thousands in the name of that religion

So non radical muslims are guilty, in your mind, of acts they did not commit.

The majority of the country gets that.  Why you keep trying to defend a concept that's never been the case (muslims are radical terrorsts) is very telling. 

The majority of the country elected Obama. That hasn't stopped you from criticizing him.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »
I don't know.  You tell us.  I sure as hell haven't made that claim.  I don't recall Cu4 making that claim.  Care to site some sources?

It was Islamic terrorists who perpetrated this act.  It is Islamic terrorists and radicals we are still at war with.  It is Islamic terrorists that many Islamic Religious leaders have an apparent acute difficulty in denouncing.  This doesn't brand all Muslim, in any way shape or form.  They simply are the unfortunate repercussions of the few that screwed it up for them.

http://debategate.com/new3dhs/3dhs/just-not-there/msg109600/#msg109600

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »
Well, since you're going to insist on LYING about my position, (ie Muslims are guilty of acts they didn't commit) , I think we're thru with this thread.  You can opine that the lack of a response is somehow support of your lie.....that would be an egregiously wrong conclusion as well.

And it was a majority of the elecorate, who are now on level to fix that mistake of electing Obama, if you look at job approval polls.  You'll now demonstrate the polling that has a majority of the country now supporting said Mosque location

Though I do appreciate you highlighting an important point to my position.  Here in the Medical field me and my patients have been saddled with a ridiculously higher level of documentation and regulation requirements, than when I started as a therapist, due to those few that abused the system.  apparently in your tweaked assessment, I blame all my patients.

Not off to a very good week, Bt.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:11 PM »
Here in the Medical field me and my patients have been saddled with a ridiculously higher level of documentation and regulation requirements, than when I started as a therapist, due to those few that abused the system.  apparently in your tweaked assessment, I blame all my patients.

Those who abused the system didn't create the regulations. So why would they be responsible for the added paperwork burden? or subject to blame?

The burden is a reaction to the actions of a few, as those few do not have the means to enact additional paperwork burdens and or regulations.