Author Topic: Let's have that school safer conversation  (Read 6045 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Let's have that school safer conversation
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
BRILLIANT!!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »
Yeah, sure. This clown needs his stupid assault rifle for self-defense and protection against tyranny about as much as he needs to with it in his youtubery,

What a jackass!
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »
lol
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 06:22:31 PM »
Yeah, sure. This clown needs his stupid assault rifle for self-defense and protection against tyranny about as much as he needs to with it in his youtubery,

What a jackass!

If he was attacked I can imagine his attacker getting shot.

If an equally humorous  gun controll proponant celebrety were attacked what would happen?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »
It is just stupid to give a speech with a rifle in one's hand. The fool is a posturing jackass.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »
The rifle was there to reinforce that it's merely a tool....one that LOOKS like a military assault rifle, but isn't.  Only a foolish jackass wouldn't get that

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
It is just stupid to give a speech with a rifle in one's hand. The fool is a posturing jackass.

Why do you say this?

If the subject of discussion was food , and he was holding a sandwitch would that seem innapropriate?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2012, 09:54:53 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 11:09:30 AM »

Why do you say this?

If the subject of discussion was food , and he was holding a sandwitch would that seem innapropriate?

you know...in that subway commercial...I coulda swore he was holding a subway sandwich.  And that ginzu knife informercial, wasn't that a knife he was holding?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »
Because if it was a food conversation, it would be logical that he was about to eat the sandwich. The thought that after giving his macho gun schpiel, this clown is going to shoot something is just creepy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
The art if (ir)rationalization.   ::)

Using the item that one is talking about is ok, if a you say so, but isn't, when you say so.  Perhaps you don't grasp language as well as a language professor should.  Here's a hint, listen to what's being said.  If its about the sandwich, its about the sandwich.  If about the 2nd amendment right to bear arms, its not illogical to have one with, esepcially when what he was saying had absolutely zero with wanting to go "shoot something". 

But if you'd like, I'm sure I could find you a nice informational video on how to shoot something safely.  Point being, having a rifle with you, when discussing the 2nd amendment and the stats involved when using firearms, is no different than having a sandwich, while discussing Subway.  At least for those not ignorant in firearms and their use

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »
Because if it was a food conversation, it would be logical that he was about to eat the sandwich. The thought that after giving his macho gun schpiel, this clown is going to shoot something is just creepy.

I speculate .

You may have too much emotion arosed by the sight of a gun to think of it blandly.

I don't find "shooting something" to be creepy.

I have had a lot of fun "plinking" and target practice , and when I have shot something to end its life It was either vermin that I was cleaner without or food that I was looking forward to eating.

Do you feel creepy when you are in your kitchen?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »
I agree Plane.  I think emotion is the key foundational component to the entire anti-gun tirades, so many on the left find themselves in.  They hate the looks, they hate anyone outside of the military, law enforcement, or protectors of important leftists, holding one, or even just having one.  Hoplophobia I believe is the appropriate dx for most of these folks, and why we need to ban anything that looks like its a military assault rifle, even if it isn't

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 03:23:45 PM »
Maybe

But I stuck a disclamer on the frount , because I am speculating , and also because I have no psycological credential.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »
I once taught in a town so small and boring that for recreation the band teacher and I used to go to the town dump and shoot rats.

It wasn't that much fun, really, but again, this clown pretending to be macho man comes off as creepy.