Author Topic: The Fast and Fumbled  (Read 3428 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: The Fast and Fumbled
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 11:20:07 PM »
Just curious why they would not report a Bush Era ATF screw up as it was unfolding.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2011, 01:21:38 AM »
Apparently barely scratched the surface of anything.  Perhaps they had already done a good enough job with Bush's ratings.  They had Iraq & 5% unemployment that they were carpetbombing him with.  I guess they were too busy with that
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2011, 01:34:18 AM »
My guess is Obama's numbers are at the same place Bush's were yet the MSM seems to be keeping us up to date on Holder's problems.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2011, 02:20:11 AM »
My guess is that if this were Bush, it would be the lead story, on every network, every evening, with the WH press corp, led by dear Miss Doud, requesting, if not demanding, the AG's resignation.  I'd expect a few news anchors to even help facilitate the act, with some lead memos, regardless if they're found to have been forged
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2011, 02:37:35 AM »
My guess is that if this were Bush, it would be the lead story, on every network, every evening, with the WH press corp, led by dear Miss Doud, requesting, if not demanding, the AG's resignation.  I'd expect a few news anchors to even help facilitate the act, with some lead memos, regardless if they're found to have been forged

Well it was Bush. The story was known in Congress which means the MSM knew about it, but nary a peep that i can recall, and i think i would have remembered it because i am always suspicious of sting operations and the larger goals behind them.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 04:47:15 AM »
And the story was microscopic in comparision to what has happened with Fast and Furious.  As I said, Bush was already getting slammed from every direction by the MSM.  As i just referenced, if F&F happened under Bush's watch, it'd be 24/7 news, with anchors bringing up a whole host of newly found (forged) memos to paint him with, and the WH press corp demanding the AG's blood

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 03:13:17 PM »
And the story was microscopic in comparision to what has happened with Fast and Furious.

How so? Guns walked. They ended up in Mexico. And put to ill use.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »
Far fewer walked, and no American Law Enforcement agent died as a direct result

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »
I really think that the MSM likes the BATF more than they ought .

Fast and furious is so gross it can't be ignored , but the earlyer simular fiasco was smaller , escaped attention.

What kept the BATF from learning from the mistake? Did they think they were doing better by scaling up ?

There is a corporate culture in each federal agency, the BATF has a reason to exist in the eventual elimination of the second admendment, this leads to a culture of disrespect for the common citizen.