Author Topic: Mukasey on refusing to be Congress's yes-man  (Read 4163 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mukasey on refusing to be Congress's yes-man
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2007, 10:41:30 AM »
This is most likely some sort of leak to help that turkey Mukasey get appointed.

How is it that Mukasey says it is "repugnant to him", but he somehow lacks the information to call it "torture"?

How can this be a valid way for a judge to express himself: to remain ignorant, deliberately?

Could a one-year-and change important enough to this guy to merit him annouincing to the world that he is basically a whore?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2007, 04:06:28 PM »
He is better off not saying , no matter what he intends to do about it.

Imagine President Hillary Clinton sends a nominee to the Senate to be interviewed and he is asked a hot potatoe question like this one , one that any definative answer to would either insult the boss ,or offend a very great number of people , or tie his hands in the future when circumstances might change.

You want Hillarys nominees to make definative answers no matter what the question is?

(President Hillary Clinton.....  brrrr..)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2007, 06:12:04 PM »
I would prefer that candidates for all positions declare exactly where they stand on all important issues, whether for Hillary or anyone else.

Hillary could not possibly be worse than Juniorbush and Cheney.  They have ripped out of the envelope of incompetence and the envelope of stubborness and broken thru to the land of utter stupidity.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2007, 06:42:20 AM »
I would prefer that candidates for all positions declare exactly where they stand on all important issues, whether for Hillary or anyone else.

Hillary could not possibly be worse than Juniorbush and Cheney.  They have ripped out of the envelope of incompetence and the envelope of stubborness and broken thru to the land of utter stupidity.

I agree with your principal , I despair of such a princialed person getting past our Senate .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »
I agree with your principal , I despair of such a princialed person getting past our Senate .

If I were a superintendent of schools, like Superintendent Chalmers, I would no doubt have a principal, like Principal Skinner, for you to agree with.

But this is a matter of principle, not principal.
I once had a teacher who said "Remember: the princiPAL is your PAL." I remember that particular principal giving me detention, so a pal he was not, but I did remember this as the way to tell the difference between these two homonyms.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mukasey is not principled. He knows that waterboarding is torture and refuses to admit itl, because he is sucking up to Juniorbush, whom he will refuse to prosecute for malfeasance, despide the fact that he has seriously malfeased.

He's already retired, he can collect a juicy judicial pension, and he should be thrown back, like an undersized flounder.

A double honest Attorney General is what we need, to make up for the halfassed toady, Gonzales.