Author Topic: Hundreds of IslamoNazis Killed in Afghanistan Battle (THANKS CANADA!)  (Read 2726 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Hundreds of Taliban killed in battle

Doug Schmidt, Canwest News Service 
Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Canadian soldier keeps watch over the valley in the Arghandabd district of the southern city of Kandahar, June 19, 2008.

ARGHANDAB DISTRICT, Afghanistan -- Hundreds of Taliban fighters have been killed or wounded after two days of fierce fighting over a strategic area just northwest of Kandahar City that insurgents had taken over at the start of the week.

By Thursday, all that remained was the mopping up of small scattered pockets of resistance, jubilant political leaders and Afghan and Canadian military commanders told reporters from a mountainside perch overlooking the entire battlefield in a wide river valley.

"This will give them a good lesson," Kandahar Gov. Asadullah Khalid said, referring to Taliban insurgents. Mr. Khalid said residents who had fled the area when Taliban infiltrated from the mountains to the north will be allowed to return in the days ahead.

First, though, Afghan authorities have to clear out landmines and roadside bombs planted by the insurgents, and fix destroyed bridges and culverts, he said. Residents are clamouring to get back after the fighting interrupted the important harvest period in the agriculturally rich valley, and some farmers have already been passing through checkpoints to get back to their crops and livestock.

Military officials did not want to divulge any numbers. Mr. Khalid, however, said there were no civilians deaths, but two Afghan National Army soldiers died. They were among the more than 1,000 government and coalition troops who launched an assault across the Arghandab River Wednesday morning.

"The enemy is defeated, but the enemy is still present," said Canada's Joint Task Force Afghanistan commander Brig.-Gen. Denis Thompson. He said some of the insurgents had escaped the fight into adjoining districts.

"I'm encouraged by what I saw," Gen. Thompson said of the Afghan-led operation that saw Canadians and other NATO forces assume a supportive battle role, including providing helicopter gunship cover.

Gen. Thompson said Arghandab, while on the doorstep of the Taliban's birth city, is "not a friendly area to the Taliban" and that Afghan forces were assisted with intelligence from locals who wanted the invaders out.

The Taliban had perhaps hoped that a series of recent assassinations of local leaders might have eased the way for its fighters to move in and retake control of an area that has always been an essential conduit for invaders targeting Kandahar City, Afghanistan's second-largest city.

The Windsor Star

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=599192
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Great headline.  Hundreds of Taliban killed or wounded.  The smoke hasn't lifted but every corpse is a Taliban corpse.  How many Taliban were really killed?  How many Taliban wounded?  And how many civilians?  (Oooops!  THAT question was "answered" already:  NO civilians.  Or so they say.)

Well, this is kind of old news, isn't it?  The Taliban have taken casualties before, bigger than this I am sure.  And they come back for more.  On their terms.  At their time.  Where they choose.   All these premature boasts of triumph, these self-glorifying crowings, have been uttered before, too - - by the Russians and by the English before them.  But in the end, the Afghans win on their home turf against the invaders.  They always have.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
The Taliban have taken casualties before, bigger than this I am sure.

Yeah sure, there is victory in getting your ass kicked.  ::)

And they come back for more.

Yes and they will get more I asssure you.
Thanks Canada!

On their terms.  At their time.  Where they choose.

Yeah great life dude!
Wake up Mr. Taliban an incoming cruise missle for breakfast.
Most of the IslamoNazis have to live in a dirt cave.
A freaking dirt cave, while I sip coffee at Starbucks & take fishing trips to the Florida Keys.
Yeah great life dude! I am soooooo jealous.  ::)
Their way has been such a great success.

All these premature boasts of triumph, these self-glorifying crowings,
have been uttered before, too - - by the Russians and by the English before them. 

Yeah and the Taliban and the American Left BS boasts too:
"Ohhhh no the Afghan winters are soooo harsh we shouldn't invade"
"Ohhhhh no they defeated the Russians we better not invade"

"But in the end, the Afghans win on their home turf against the invaders. 
They always have"

Yes and the Afghan people will win their home turf against the IslamoNazis
that are such wussies they are scared to let a woman attend college.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
<<Yeah sure, there is victory in getting your ass kicked.  Roll Eyes>>

Nope.  Wrong again.  There is victory after getting your ass kicked if you can get up and come back for more.  Ask any Viet Cong.

<<Yes and they will get more I asssure you.
Thanks Canada!>>

They can take whatever you (and Canada) can dish out.  I assure YOU.  And at the end of the day, the ultimate victory, as in their war against Russian invaders, will be theirs.

<<Yeah great life dude!>>

Well, not on YOUR terms it isn't.  You like to fight from 5,000 feet with missiles fired from helicopters while the ground troops "bravely" walk into the devastated wreckage, from which the Taliban have long gone.  And then crow about your "victory" against "hundreds" of dead "Taliban."

<<Wake up Mr. Taliban an incoming cruise missle for breakfast.>>

An incoming cruise missile?  Try SEVEN YEARS of incoming cruise missiles, and they're still there.  I'd be a little skeptical about the powers of incoming cruise missiles at this point if I were one of the commanders in charge of this misguided little fascist project.  Given all the incoming cruise missiles these guys have supposedly eaten in the past seven years, I'd want to know (a) why are these guys still around? and (b) how come they're stronger than ever?

<<Most of the IslamoNazis have to live in a dirt cave.>>

Probably fixed up with better carpets than you've got in your own home.

<<A freaking dirt cave, while I sip coffee at Starbucks & take fishing trips to the Florida Keys.>>

They don't look like they are fighting for a Starbucks on their corner, and I don't think any of them wanna be your fishing buddy either.  If these guys went after marlin, they'd probably take after them with AK 47s and grenades.

<<Yeah great life dude! I am soooooo jealous.  Roll Eyes
<<Their way has been such a great success.>>

To each his own, CU4.  I don't think these guys are all that envious of your life either.  They probably think you're living in the depth of depravity.  You eat pork too, I bet.

<<"Ohhhh no the Afghan winters are soooo harsh we shouldn't invade"
<<"Ohhhhh no they defeated the Russians we better not invade"

<<"But in the end, the Afghans win on their home turf against the invaders.
They always have">>

Time will tell, CU4.

<<Yes and the Afghan people will win their home turf against the IslamoNazis>>

Most of those in Afghanistan whom you so weirdly persist in calling "IslamoNazis" ARE in fact "the Afghan people," just as NONE of the invading forces are.

<<that are such wussies they are scared to let a woman attend college.>>

Gee, I'm glad to hear that they are "wussies."  I guess that means your military can avoid the enormous drain on the U.S. Treasury caused by the maintenance of helicopters and crews in Afghanistan, and your own GIs can take these "wussies" on mano-a-mano on the ground without all that expensive and unnecessary airpower.  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!  You should live so long.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
This incident haas some unclear numbers.

How many Taliban were involved?

I have seen estimates run as high as seven hundred and as low as three hundred.

How many were Killed ?if there were five hundred then fifty would be "decimated".

I am becomeing suspicious that the Taliban strength was exaggerated and their massicre is also exaggerated.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The first thing I noticed this morning, reading the Toronto Star version, was all the unanswered questions that you raised, and I thought, these guys are desperate for good news from the Canadian sector especially since the jailbreak made them all look like a bunch of assholes.  So they are rushing this thing into print with virtually no fact-checking.  They just NEED that story.  Personally I think it's one big crock a shit.  But WTF, if it makes Canadians feel better, why not?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
if it makes Canadians feel better, why not?

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Does this make Canadians feel better?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I think it does.  Canadians are proud of their armed forces' performance in WWII and Korea but since then have had no war stories until Afghanistan.  And the only "action" from Afghanistan was vehicles being blown up by mines - - not the most glorious kind of deaths for our boys and girls. 

I think at this point, most Canadians want our troops out - - I mean after all this time, what is the fucking point? - - but as long as they're there, we like to feel they are doing a good job.  And the jailbreak was a huge embarrassment.  A real Dudley Do-Right kind of performance.  So we really needed a boost and that's what this story was all about, I'm afraid.  In a way, I'd be kind of glad to hear they didn't really kill a whole lot of Afghans - - it's not our war and those people aren't our real enemies.  And Canadians aren't real killers (WWII was different, those were REAL bad guys we were killing) - - they are more peace-keepers and builders.