Author Topic: Umpqua Community College  (Read 24150 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Umpqua Community College
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2015, 11:32:26 PM »
The number of crazy gunman attacks on groups of people is the issue, not overall homicides.

Is there a chart or stat that illustrates your point?

In absolute terms , or percapata, are these incidents keeping up with increases in gun ownership or keeping pace with population increases?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2015, 01:27:52 PM »
So you are saying that if a mass murderer might want to shoot a huge number of unarmed people, he should head for the nearest military base?

Not a very good suggestion, in my opinion
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »
Worked for Hasan, as such bases have strict gun restrictions, if on base.....as in its virtually a "gun free zone".  But far smarter for such a shooter to visit ..... pretty much any school, for maximal casualty infliction

Not to mention registration would do absolutely nothing to prevent it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2015, 02:30:47 PM »
Are we ever going to see any evidence or stats to try and classify "lazy" mass shooters & "crazy" mass shooters?.......as in how do we legally classify someone as "lazy" or "crazy", with the goal of preventing them from LEGALLY acquiring a firearm, before any such shooting? (since nothing prevents either from acquiring firearms illegally)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2015, 07:12:24 PM »
So you are saying that if a mass murderer might want to shoot a huge number of unarmed people, he should head for the nearest military base?

Not a very good suggestion, in my opinion

Yes they are practically all gun free zones.

But there are more frequent  armed patrols than most civilian areas , so a school campus is still probably the easiest target.

Last time a shooter chose a military establishment a disobedient soldier returned fire.

If he had survived do you suppose that soldier would have been disciplined for his disobedience?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
Are we ever going to see any evidence or stats to try and classify "lazy" mass shooters & "crazy" mass shooters?.......as in how do we legally classify someone as "lazy" or "crazy", with the goal of preventing them from LEGALLY acquiring a firearm, before any such shooting? (since nothing prevents either from acquiring firearms illegally)

That answer is apparently, no, as well.  So much easier, and ironically "lazier" to just emotionally decry how horrible death due to firearms are, and that we "need to do something".  Never once of course actually coming up with anything that would do anything in this country that wasn't unconstitutional. 

Did we all know that gun deaths have been.....wait for it.....DECREASING over the last 30years, while legal gun sales have been increasing significantly?  Yea, yea, that can't be believed.....as in stick the head in the sand and pretend the sky isn't blue.  If one doesn't believe it, why then....it just can't be true....right?     ;)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2015, 08:08:59 PM »
Now....let's see if this place ever robbed, from this point on

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2015, 08:41:25 AM »
The success of any restaurant depends on the food, how it is served and the price.
Robberies are rarely a concern, because they have insurance for that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2015, 10:37:50 AM »
It's not the theft that's the primary concern...its about the potential for loss of life

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2015, 12:00:45 PM »
This is just an advertising ploy used to drag in more customers. People are rarely killed in restaurant robberies, and fast food places are a far better target, because they have more in the register.

Like Bose stereo's ads in the AARP magazine touting their great sound quality. People over 65 cannot hear the difference, anyway. This is just marketing.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »
The fact is restaurants are robbed justifies any legal action they decide to take

The fact is people HAVE BEEN SHOT & KILLED in restaurants, despite your efforts to minimize those deaths

The fact is you have no fricken clue as to their motivations

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2015, 04:30:18 PM »
How many people have been robbed in THIS restaurant?  How many killed?

In thirty years in Miami,  I have heard of only three people killed in a restaurant. And two of them died in a drive by shooting that no open carry clown could have stopped.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »
How many times do they need to be robbed.....how many need to be killed before they should be allowed to legally do whatever they can to prevent anthing further??  Do you see how ridiculous your question is??  Weren't you the one just yesterday touting how jewelry stores provided added security to their cases, not because they've been robbed, but because they could be??

Fact is, people HAVE been shot and killed in restaurants, and whatever a restaurant wants to do legally to prevent any such death in their establishment should be applauded.  You are under no obligation to provide them business.  My guess is, that as long as the food is good, they'll do just fine without your patronage

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2015, 05:48:18 PM »
I have no idea where this place is, so I am unlikely to even go there.

I recall years ago, my buddy, Dr Jerry Katz, a psyche professor, and I went to a restaurant named Culpeper's BBQ.
When we got the check, the amount was half the amount shown in the menu. I told Jerry, and he said "don't say anything, just leave a nice tip", so I did.

He explained that they thought we were undercover cops, because the way we were dressed.  We hate a lot of great meals at Culpepers until they raised the rent, closed the restaurant down and replaced it with an Exxon station/convenience store.

It was a good deal: we got a good meal, the waitress got good tips and everyone felt safe.

It does not bother me that this place gives 25% off for pistol-packin' patrons. I just think that it is a marketing scheme.

50% off is a lot better than 25%, that is for sure.