Author Topic: Joseph Goebbels opinion of the US  (Read 1460 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Joseph Goebbels opinion of the US
« on: June 30, 2015, 12:59:58 AM »
http://research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/goeb5.htm

This was written in 1942, he seems to think we are a mile wide and an inch deep.
Maybe so , but some say that he learned a lot from reading Edward Bernays, Propaganda which I would recommend everyone read .
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0970312598/ref=nosim/germanpropaga-20/

By 1942 it was clear that the US would take a side and stop pretense of neutrality, unfortunately this didn't terrify the Axis as much as might have been needed to make them reasonable.

I suppose expressing a low opinion of an enemy just before a fight is the usual thing, I am not especially bothered by Joseph G,s expressions of contempt, I wouldn't like the alternative.

Matter of fact some of the stuff I know about how the Nazis learned some of their spiel from the US I found distressing when I first heard it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Joseph Goebbels opinion of the US
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:04:01 AM »
Modern advertising is an American invention. Propaganda in 1916-17 was successful in getting most of the public behind a war that a majority had elected Wilson to prevent. Most Americans were in no way threatened by Germany, Austria, Turkey or Serbia. It was all about preventing a collapse of the British economy, which would have resulted in JP Morgan not getting paid back for all the loans he made to the British.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Joseph Goebbels opinion of the US
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:40:50 AM »
Not sure I see much to argue with.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke