Author Topic: llegal immigrant rescues boy  (Read 19294 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: llegal immigrant rescues boy
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2007, 06:15:46 PM »
Is this going to be your SOP Prince?  Anyone that disagrees with open borders must be a racist??

No. Xavier complained that open borders would result in an invasion of Chinese that will change our culture, and that's basically the concept of the Yellow Peril. Not my fault if you don't like it. .

What I don't like is how so often, arguements aimed at those who support border enforcement, legal immigration, and controlled flow of immigration, somehow get labeled as racists so often.  As I said, we're all used to Tee's bigotry, I was just hopeful you weren't going to follow the same SOP as it relates to trying to defend an open borders agenda
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2007, 06:30:33 PM »
actually as someone somewhat immune to the racist label
I`m against open borders,simply for the fact I came here legally and don`t see how anybody else should get a better deal than me.
I had to get a sponser waited several years and take a test.
P.S. immigration issue is racist due to the fact when talking about it
the issue is always about south and the westside of the united stated
no one has ever brought up the illegals north and east of the united states
I`m the only guy i know who actually deported somebody from the north.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »

As I said, we're all used to Tee's bigotry, I was just hopeful you weren't going to follow the same SOP as it relates to trying to defend an open borders agenda

I'm not. But I see no reason not to point out an obvious Yellow Peril comment when I see one.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »

I`m against open borders,simply for the fact I came here legally and don`t see how anybody else should get a better deal than me.
I had to get a sponser waited several years and take a test.

That's fine. Personally, I don't see why you or most other immigrants should have to go through that process. I respect your position, but I don't agree with it.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2007, 07:11:51 PM »
I fianally the yellow peril thing
what makes you think that many chinese even want to come here?
and more likely cantonese will be spoken than mandarin
southern chinese will be the ones unhappy enough to come over.
and how is cultural change even be a problem?
I don`t exactly see people being angry that st. patrick day is celebrated

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2007, 07:19:04 PM »
If the successful trade of labor is not employment what is it.

why travel thousands of miles to trade labor if there isn't the expectation of success?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2007, 07:20:02 PM »
As I said, we're all used to Tee's bigotry, I was just hopeful you weren't going to follow the same SOP as it relates to trying to defend an open borders agenda

I'm not.

I sure hope so.  Only an assessment of a # of posts can really make that determination, and for the most part you haven't.  I hope that doesn't change
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2007, 11:34:38 PM »
It isn't about race at all. If we import 1,000,000 Chinese and they are scattered about the country, they will gradually become Americans. But is we had open borders, we would have everyone that wanted to come, and this would cause abrupt and severe changes in our culture.

Immigration should be under control of the government of this country, based on what the people want, and in any event, it should be gradual.

Parts of Miami have changed into a wacko version of Cuba. Cubans never learn English and behave as if this were Cuba, not the USA. Chinese are much more reserved than Cubans, but huge enclaves of Chiese speakers would change the character of this country, and I would not like to see that.

I doubt that the Chinese would like to have 200,000,000 Americans in their country, either.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2007, 11:40:11 PM »
If the successful trade of labor is not employment what is it.   why travel thousands of miles to trade labor if there isn't the expectation of success?

"The pursuit of happieness"?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2007, 12:02:24 AM »
"The pursuit of happieness"?

I've always found landing a job much more satisfying than looking for work.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »
but huge enclaves of Chiese speakers would change the character of this country, and I would not like to see that.

good study habit with a strong  background in mathmatics
strong family values.
superior work ethics
and every place so far the chinese  gathered has increased the property value.

yes I see how that`s a problem in the U.S.

note the statement above was taken from a article about the most hated minority in ther united states
pre-911 of course

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2007, 12:55:43 AM »

I doubt that the Chinese would like to have 200,000,000 Americans in their country, either.

A drop in the bucket.

They might forget where we were.

Little danger that any large number of Americans would want to go there permanantly ,but where is the reverse true?

Is there a place that Americans are moveing to faster than the locals are comeing here?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2007, 02:24:23 AM »
wellll
san jose has a thing called white flight
the excuse is the parents are saying the asian kids are too competative about getting good grades.
and thier kids are suffering from it so they leave california so thier kids can get better grades.
remember it`s fairly common for some students here to have 4.0 + grades
meaning not only get straight A`s but also do every single extra credit possible.
the grade curve can be harmful.
my nephew was one of these kids
his brain has 100% retention.
the only reason I can keep up with him is simply because I`m older than him.
but my experience has limits and he`s catching up.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2007, 03:58:20 AM »
I am okay with checkpoints, and I'd probably be okay with fingerprint scans. But I see nothing beneficial in the current immigration bureaucracy. I see no reason to interfere with people coming here to get a job.

That seems contradictory.  On the one hand you have no problems with security measures at the border, but on the other hand you say that "workers" should not be interfered with.  If we are to have freedom of movement across the border why should we have checkpoints? Conversely, if we can have checkpoints, why not have an immigration policy that controls border entry?  Pretty much every country I know of does that.

When the laws essentially entrench a black market underground in immigration and labor trade, why would you expect a different outcome?

What I expect is not the issue.  What's actually happening is.  If a "black market" in labor allows in an extremely high number of immigrants and many of those are engaged in inappropriate behaviors, those same people (and a whole lot more) would enter the country and engage in those behaviors under an open border policy.  To suggest otherwise is to suggest that a better class of people would visit my home in the wee hours of the morning if I simply left my door unlocked.  Or perhaps it suggests that a terrorist with bomb making equipment might come to the border and say "Sweet Mohammed!  How will I ever slip this material past those invisible guards?" 

Perhaps, but someone crossing the U.S. border is not tresspassing on your land unless your land is on the border and the someone steps on your land.

Yes, they are trespassing on my land, because while the proprietor may be anyone from a private citizen to a business to the US Government itself, the border protects my nation from invasion.  I don't own New York or the Pentagon either, but I still insist Al Quaeda attacked my land.  The right of the individual to protect his own private property extends to the right of this society to protect its territory.

People move from state to state within the U.S. all the time, and yet I see no one saying that such a violation of private property. I see no reason at all why someone crossing the U.S border would be trespassing when crossing the nearest state-to-state border is not.

That's simply a false analogy.  The relationship between the sovereign states established in the Articles of Confederation and perpetuated in the Constitution (and clarified in the fourteenth amendment) make state border control of individual movement moot.  No such relationship exists with Mexico, Canada or any other nation.  To look at it from another angle, if an illegal alien crosses the border from Mexico to Texas he has committed a crime.  If he then crosses the border from Texas to Oklahoma, he has committed no further crime (at least I don't think he has).  If Oklahoma catches him, they aren't sending him back to Texas.  They're sending him back to Mexico.

Someone coming here to find work is not stealing any more than someone moving from Wyoming to California to look for work would be stealing. Why can we allow one but not the other?

Because they are NOT the same.  Someone traveling from Wyoming to California is a citizen of the United States - of which both states are members.  Someone coming from Mexico is a different story.  If they are coming legally to seek work that is NOT a problem.  But simply ignoring the law is not asserting one's rights, but ignoring the rights of others.  There are laws - such as Jim Crow laws - which are inherently evil and ought to be changed (and, while still in force, resisted).  National immigration laws are not inherently evil.  It is entirely possible, and in many cases quite probable, that there are serious flaws in some immigration laws that ought to be changed.  But they do not equate to Jim Crow and the like.  Acts of conscience like those of Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King or Sir Thomas More are courageous and praiseworthy.  Jumping a border - especially when doing so for immoral reasons - is simple trespassing.

Yes, I know it's a national border, and I am willing to make allowances for that.

As you are comparing interstate travel of legal citizens with international travel of illegal aliens I find that concession puzzling. 

But I see no good reason to trample on the poor immigrants and would-be immigrants who want to do what people within the country do all the time: find employment in a different place.

Let them do it legally.  I have no problem with that.  If a person from another country enters this one in an APPROPRIATE manner with the intent to seek a better life by ABANDONING his previous one and ASSIMILATING into this culture, fine.   Even if he only intends to be here temporarily and obtains the appropriate work visa, I haven't the slightest problem.  But don't come to my country illegally - and don't come here legally and try to turn it into YOUR country.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2007, 04:30:14 AM »
Well summized Pooch.

*golf clap*

8)