Author Topic: Bush: [Weve Always Been the 'Cut and Run' Types]  (Read 22087 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bush: [Weve Always Been the 'Cut and Run' Types]
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 05:15:14 PM »
I don't know what it is that you're calling credibility.  But whatever it is, I don't want it.

Credibility is something you need not worry about, Brass
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 05:20:44 PM »
But it is circuitous logic Bt. Of course they are using such tactics. Most military experts beforehand had predicted so beforehand. To use it as political fodder and connect it to 9/11, which has been done (even in this very thread) is ridiculous. Yes, it is a nasty unconventional war, but it has little relationship to international terrorism. It is guerilla war mixed with nasty religious sectionalism. Brutal, disgusting, horrible. Yet, it is nothing like 9/11 or the London or Madrid bombings. It isn't the same thing and I think you know that.

I don't believe i said it was the same thing as 9-11, Madrid or London. Perhaps you can point out where i did.
I have simply stated that the tactics used in Iraq are terroristic in nature. So it is a true statement that we are fighting terror in Iraq. To state differently is nonsensical.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 05:21:16 PM »
I never want to have 'credibility' like Bush has.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 05:22:21 PM »
I have simply stated that the tactics used in Iraq are terroristic in nature. So it is a true statement that we are fighting terror in Iraq. To state differently is nonsensical.

But do you agree that relating it to international terrorism is equally nonsensical?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 05:42:35 PM »
I never want to have 'credibility' like Bush has.

As I said, crediblity, in any form or fashion, is a concept you need not worry about.  It's just too foreign a concept for you
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 06:25:42 PM »
But do you agree that relating it to international terrorism is equally nonsensical?

I believe another thread suggested direct talks with Syria and Iran re: Iraq. Kinda makes it international,  doesn't it?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 07:25:56 PM »
I President Bush starts thinking that Representative Murtha is right, and suggests bulling back in the style that has been suggested by Mrs. Sheehan.....

This is no reason for rejoicing among the people who want this to happen?

Why would someone get mad at an opponent for coming around to a new way of thinking?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2006, 11:53:13 PM »

Saddam was a good hoast to Abu Nidal , he was a reliable supplyer to Hamas , and he was known to give cash to the family left behind by a suicide bomber.

How is Saddam unrelated to international terrorism?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2006, 12:26:53 AM »
Consider the source, but I'll certainly read it if you find it.

You see, we had this conversation before.  I referenced precisely that articles coming from far left web sites in "objectively" criticising Bush really couldn't be taken that seriously.  I do believe you opined how you would use your vast "critical thinking" skills, and devine objective conclusions, regardless of where it came from.  Strangly, they coincided consistently with the left wing web sites, yet with RW web sites, pundits, and papers we must "consider the source".  Either we "consider the source" for all pieces of commentary and criticism, or we don't.   I'll still keep my eye out for the report I was referencing.  I can only recall that it was a high ranking Clinton fella, either in the Intelligence agency, or Terrorism agency.  But obviously if his viewpoint is running counter to yours, I guess we just have to "consider the source"

I was talking about America in answer to your question

Strange, I thought we were discussing Iraq

We had a very good idea of what occupied Japan was going to be like. I suggest you read some material on the occupying government of Japan and the first American forces stationed there. We certainly knew what we were getting into.

Oh we did, did we.  Over a million Japanese solidiers killed at the hands of the Americans, and we knew precisely how they were going to greet us?  Care to provide some of those "materials"?  The ones that declare how their citizens, especially those most loyal to Yamamoto & the Emperor were going to behave, please. 

it may surprise you to know that if you look at a map of Japan it is remarkably close to the Korean peninsula. Amazingly we used Japan quite a bit during the war in Korea. I suggest using a map as reference

Geography wasn't the issue, it was the duration of our being there.  But if you wish to play the geography angle, Let's see, Iran just to the east, you got Syria over there to the west, rock's throw from being able to help out Israel in a pinch.  Pretty stretagic location to keep close eyes on all of them, with the ability to provide major military assets in a heartbeat.  See the current strategic importance of our being in Iraq?   Here's a link to a map for a greater perspecitive....just in case    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.alternative-learning.org/international/meast.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.alternative-learning.org/international/middleast.html&h=650&w=650&sz=29&tbnid=6guq2KLNyaootM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmiddle%2Beast%2Bmap&start=2&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=2

I take being asked if I support fascist dictators as a personal insult

Funny, I've looked all up & down the thread, and at no time did I ever claim that you supported fascist dictators.  You seemed to support something to make things work better in Iraq, because we were apparently making everything so much worse.  I then provided a suggestion.  You were free to disagree with it.  But take it as a personal insult? 

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2006, 02:01:11 AM »
No the point is you are taking a soundbite and claiming you have some massive change in story.

I know it and you should know it. The whole thread is just weak ass bullshit gotcha games.

Just because folks like Amato and those at think progress think honesty in debate is a fools game, there is no reason for you to follow suit.

Nail Bush on the real stuff. Someone as evil as he should give you plenty of genuine fodder.

This isn't it.

At this point, i think of Bush as the flesh-eating staph we have the misfortune of calling Mr. President.

Lying about the 'little' stuff is a pretty good indicator that the man is a liar, and such an easily identifiable lie must not matter too much because...well, he's got you all here to explain it all away, and tell us we don't have credibility.
Send out the troops, the Liar in Chief is at it again.
What on earth will you do when there's a president who doesn't require such backup?   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 02:09:56 AM »
At this point, i think of Bush as the flesh-eating staph we have the misfortune of calling Mr. President.   Lying about the 'little' stuff is a pretty good indicator that the man is a liar, and such an easily identifiable lie must not matter too much because...well, he's got you all here to explain it all away, and tell us we don't have credibility.  Send out the troops, the Liar in Chief is at it again.  What on earth will you do when there's a president who doesn't require such backup?    

Feel better?  Get it all out of your system yet?  But of course, you don't hate Bush. do you Lanya.  I mean necrotizing fasciitis is nothing to really dispise now, is it

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »
At this point, i think of Bush as the flesh-eating staph we have the misfortune of calling Mr. President.   Lying about the 'little' stuff is a pretty good indicator that the man is a liar, and such an easily identifiable lie must not matter too much because...well, he's got you all here to explain it all away, and tell us we don't have credibility.  Send out the troops, the Liar in Chief is at it again.  What on earth will you do when there's a president who doesn't require such backup?    

Feel better?  Get it all out of your system yet?  But of course, you don't hate Bush. do you Lanya.  I mean necrotizing fasciitis is nothing to really dispise now, is it

No, it isn't.  It's something to clinically observe, see how much it eats into the skin and tissue, and try your very best to make it go away so it doesn't kill the patient.   (US.)
It doesn't care if you don't like it.   
So I don't bother with dislike.  I try for change  through elections in House and Senate. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 02:24:31 AM »
But of course.  Personally, as a healthcare provider myself, I hate it.  That and ALS, my 2 most despised pathological processes