Author Topic: Scott Baio receiving death threats for posting this pic on Twitter  (Read 1309 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
http://twitpic.com/ytrbx

---------------

Scott Baio, who supported Scott Brown in Massachusetts, received death threats this week after he posted an unflattering photo of Michelle Obama on twitter.
FOX News reported, via FOX Nation:

Former ?Happy Days? star Scott Baio has been barraged with death threats and accused of being a racist after posting an unflattering photo of Michelle Obama on Twitter along with the caption ?WOW He wakes up to this every morning.?

Outraged users reportedly responded with angry Tweets such as ?Scott Baio should be PUT DOWN and someone will PUT YOU DOWN.YOU; your WIFE and KID.? Another Tweeter even went as far as to alter an image of Baio?s young child with the caption ?this is what Scott Baio wakes up [to].? That photo has since been removed.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Scott Baio receiving death threats for posting this pic on Twitter
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 01:37:26 PM »
The civility of the national discourse certainly needs to improve.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »
That is one angry Michelle.  Wonder if anyone knows the circumstances behind the photo, who she was chewing out?

Even the most Beautiful People have unflattering moments, bad hair days, photos they need to destroy.  It was pretty cheesy for Scott Baio to take advantage by posting one unflattering photo of a woman who looks good in thousands of others.  What a shallow, snide little prick.  No wonder he's a Brown supporter.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
That is one angry Michelle.  Wonder if anyone knows the circumstances behind the photo, who she was chewing out?

Even the most Beautiful People have unflattering moments, bad hair days, photos they need to destroy.  It was pretty cheesy for Scott Baio to take advantage by posting one unflattering photo of a woman who looks good in thousands of others.  What a shallow, snide little prick.  No wonder he's a Brown supporter.

With Regards to Michelle showing her teeth -- That picture looks like she could rip your face off

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
Scott is not the first nor will he be the last to use lies, revisionism, exaggerations, distortions and altered or unflattering photos to try to score political points.

The larger point is why do people feel it is necessary to do that.

I realize politics is sports and the rah rah crowd plays it as such.

And i realize there are deep distinct differences in the vision of how this country should be run.

But i don't understand why the game turns personal amongst those who are sitting in the bleachers.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 02:33:18 PM »
obama cool-aide drinkers are mentally ill --- it's OK to do terrible things to Sarah Palin but god forbid Michelle get some of that same treatment.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 02:42:30 PM »
I think Bt is referring to an advocation of walking the walk vs simply talking the talk, which I would also be more supportive of.  Yes, it's 1 thing to criticize the left for their gross and egregious caricatures of folks like Bush, Cheney, or Palin.  What does it say about conservatives who criticize that, but give folks like Baio a pass, because......he targeted a Dem??  Kinda makes the original critique moot, IMO

and on that tangent, it also shows a duplicitus nature by the left to give these death threats aimed at Scott a pass as well
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 02:50:51 PM »
I think Bt is referring to an advocation of walking the walk vs simply talking the talk, which I would also be more supportive of.  Yes, it's 1 thing to criticize the left for their gross and egregious caricatures of folks like Bush, Cheney, or Palin.  What does it say about conservatives who criticize that, but give folks like Baio a pass, because......he targeted a Dem??  Kinda makes the original critique moot, IMO

and on that tangent, it also shows a duplicitus nature by the left to give these death threats aimed at Scott a pass as well

I agree the bad behavior by both Libs and Conservatives is damaging.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 02:56:39 PM »
and to criticize one while defending the other doing the same isn't as damaging?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 03:02:57 PM »
and to criticize one while defending the other doing the same isn't as damaging?

consistency is a good thing.

Personally I'm not really bothered by seeing that picture of Michelle as long as it's not doctored in a disrespectful way. Speaking of doctored I think Time Magazine or one of them doctored Obama's picture to make him look either dark or light, can't really remember the details.
But really some of the pis I've seen of Michelle make my wonder if Evolution did happen.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
Scott is not the first nor will he be the last to use lies, revisionism, exaggerations, distortions and altered or unflattering photos to try to score political points.

The larger point is why do people feel it is necessary to do that.

I realize politics is sports and the rah rah crowd plays it as such.

And i realize there are deep distinct differences in the vision of how this country should be run.

But i don't understand why the game turns personal amongst those who are sitting in the bleachers.

Because we're all basically soccer hooligans at heart?
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »
Because we're all basically soccer hooligans at heart?

Exactly. But the hooliganism in the stand has little effect on the outcome of the game, and i think we lose sight of that. The hooliganism becomes the secondary game.