Author Topic: D.C. snow will continue 'until Al Gore cries uncle'  (Read 734 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
D.C. snow will continue 'until Al Gore cries uncle'
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:07:39 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/80395-demint-dc-snow-will-continue-until-al-gore-cries-uncle

Sen. Jim DeMint twitters: D.C. snow will continue 'until Al Gore cries uncle'

By Jordan Fabian - 02/09/10 01:24 PM ET

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) on Tuesday used the D.C. snowstorm to make a political jab, saying that it provides evidence for global warming skeptics.

The conservative senator took to Twitter on Tuesday amid reports that the area is due to receive another 10 to 20 inches of snow this week:

It's going to keep snowing in DC until Al Gore cries "uncle"

Some conservatives have echoed DeMint's sentiments that the snowstorm should poke holes in evidence backing global warming.

DeMint took direct aim at the former vice president, who is one of the foremost proponents of government action to counter global warming.

Reports of more snow caused the House of Representatives to call off the rest of its votes scheduled for this week. The Washington, D.C. area was blanketed with about two feet of snow last weekend, causing the Senate to adjourn Thursday earlier than expected on Thursday.

The South Carolina senator was not the first Republican to use the snowstorm to make a political point. Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-Kansas) said that absence of votes in the House is a plus for taxpayers.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: D.C. snow will continue 'until Al Gore cries uncle'
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 11:34:48 AM »
And along the notion of incredible irony

EPW HEARINGS POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER 

UPDATE: The following Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works hearings have been postponed due to inclement weather this week:

- The Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, Subcommittee on Water and Wildlife, will hold a hearing entitled, "Collaborative Solutions to Wildlife and Habitat Management."

- The Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works will hold a hearing entitled, "Global Warming Impacts, Including Public Health, in the United States."

Once the hearings are rescheduled, information will be posted at www.epw.senate.gov

God trying to tell us something?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 08:35:46 AM »
I am looking out at a smowman I built yesterday.

I don't get to do that every year , I am 50 and this is my fourth ever.

I need some Yankee advice , how do you make them turn out so nice and white?

Mine picked up dirt and leaves quite a bit , and is holding a shovel , he is a hard working snowman.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:34:58 PM »

Like frosting a cake. Take some clean, white snow and coat the snowman after basic construction is done.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
I am looking out at a smowman I built yesterday.

I don't get to do that every year , I am 50 and this is my fourth ever.

Mine picked up dirt and leaves quite a bit , and is holding a shovel , he is a hard working snowman.

don't eat yellow snow is the only advice I can give you.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 06:36:10 PM »

Like frosting a cake. Take some clean, white snow and coat the snowman after basic construction is done.
Aah Ha!

It seems so simple now , if only I knew when we still had some , the snow is much reduced now .