Author Topic: Get a Mans Gun  (Read 10342 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Get a Mans Gun
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 11:38:10 PM »
I really mean looking pellet pistol should be quite effective in repelling burglars. No one appreciates being shot with a pellet, and they are unlikely to hang around for long after being shot with one.

I have seen ads for crossbow pistols that look very menacing.

The cost of pellet pistols and crossbows and their ammo is far cheaper as well, assuming that one feels a need to practice.

An M-1 rifle for home defense would be most useful if you carried it around with you loaded, in your home, all day. I deem this unlikely for all but the deeply obsessed.

Recently an Atlanta area woman shot a home invader with a pistol.
She got five hits and this turned out to be enough, but the guy was pretty tough , it was barely enough.
He left under his own power.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »
For most burglars, just pointing a pistol at them should be enough. It is hardly necessary to kill someone to prevent being robbed.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
I doubt seriously anyone is intending on kiling their intruder, and yes just brandishing a gun will frequently save a life, as has been mentioned many a time before, as the bad guy runs.  Glad you've finally conceded to that point.  But in the event they don't run, you need something that will stop them, and a pellet gun's going to have a hard time stopping a squirrel, much less some human intent on doing something very evil.  Once again, we have here a gun used to potentially having saved a life
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
For most burglars, just pointing a pistol at them should be enough. It is hardly necessary to kill someone to prevent being robbed.

Should thre be a class of toy pistols intended just for bluffing intruders?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »
I really, really doubt that anyone wants to be shot with a pellet gun. They will drop squirrels and rabbits quite well.

Like pistols, they are probably not very useful to any "well organized militia", due to accuracy issues.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2013, 03:31:42 PM »
I really, really doubt that anyone wants to be shot with a pellet gun. They will drop squirrels and rabbits quite well.

Not the point now is it, nor does it "drop them quite well".  Might make them run away

Like pistols, they are probably not very useful to any "well organized militia", due to accuracy issues.

Pellet guns??  as part of some militia??  What are you smoking?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2013, 04:04:56 PM »

BSB

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2013, 05:21:58 PM »
"Not the point now is it, nor does it "drop them quite well".  Might make them run away"

See how little you know. I did a lot of squirrel hunting as a kid with a pellet gun and it does the job believe me.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »
Ditto......doesn't......believe me

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2013, 05:47:17 PM »
I have killed squirrels and birds with my Red Ryder Daisy BB gun. I think I even put a squirrel's eye out with it as well.

Pellet guns are far more powerful than a BB gun.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »
Depends on the pellet gun now, deosn't it.  And yea, if you're 10feet away, you might kill it....a squirrel.  At 10ft, you might cause some home invading rapest, in a heavy coat to scratch the area you just shot him, like it was an itch.  THAT being the point

BSB

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2013, 05:59:23 PM »
Chimp probably was shooting their tails. Gee, how come they just run away?

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »
And B's maturity level just keeps shrinking and shrinking.  What was that Brad Pitt movie, where as he got older, he actually regressed into an infant like intellect?  Oh yea, Benjamin Button.  Throw an S between the B's, and whalaaaa

It's all about choice, B.  The choice to debate like someone with a serious point to make or......your current ignorant tact.  Choice is yours, and yours alone

BSB

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
You know BT, this asshole Chimp is all on you. You allow him to stick around. He should have been long gone.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
LOL....BB's ongoing littany of 3rd grade grammar school namecalling as his SOP in responding, and somehow it's all about me and Bt.  Can't be bothered to actually respond to the points being made

Down, down, and down some more.  All about choice BB, so I guess its safe to recipricate and refer to you as Ben Button from now on?  And look at the brght side, he was a sympathetic character, even as he deteriorated mentally & emotionally