Author Topic: Get a Mans Gun  (Read 10344 times)

BSB

Re: Get a Mans Gun
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 06:19:24 PM »
None of these firearms are select fire. They are all available to the public at large in semi-auto. You can get an FAL, for example, in select fire if you have a classIII, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

The NRA, and many gun enthusiasts, are talking about having firearms for self protection. AR15 type weapons. Those are dangerous and should be banned. The firearms I posted are better for self protection, if you fell the need for that, and are not weapons of choice for these mass murders.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »
None of these firearms are select fire. They are all available to the public at large in semi-auto. You can get an FAL, for example, in select fire if you have a classIII, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

The NRA, and many gun enthusiasts, are talking about having firearms for self protection. AR15 type weapons

Which is perfectly acceptable, if that's what they chose...ease of loading, ease of aiming, decreased recoil, and EXCELLENT weapon for self protection in the home, IF THAT'S WHAT THE INDIVIDUAL WANTS TO USE

As long as they're not fully automatic, then 1 pull, 1 bullet, just like any other semi-auto, and no more dangerous than any other magazine fed semi-auto.  You chose what you think works best, and let others chose what they want, since the next killing that happens to use a FAL, then the emotional cries will come out how dangerous THAT weapon is, and of course, needs to banned

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 11:50:50 PM »
It is highly unlikely that we'll see one of these mental cases use an FAL, an M1 Tanker, or an M1A, in a mass killing. You have to be a thinker to buy, use, and care for anyone of those weapons. You have to be skilled to make them work for you. Those aren't things these kinds of mental cases bring to the table or want to have to bring to the table. The AR15 doesn't demand those requirements. That's one of the reasons it's so dangerous.

One of the main differences between us and our closest relatives, the Chimpanzees, is the level of cooperation between members of the species. Ours is quite high, theirs, in comparison, is quite low. Banning the AR15 is about cooperation between members of this highly evolved society we have. This society is based on abstract thought and then brought to fruition via cooperation.

You, like the mass murderers, fail the cooperation test Sirs. You are a Chimp.

BSB   

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 12:32:13 AM »
15-year-old son of deputy shoots burglary suspect

The teenage son of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy shot a home intruder Tuesday afternoon in the 2600 block of Royal Place in northwest Harris County, deputies said.

The 15-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister had been home alone in the Mount Royal Village subdivision when around 2:30 p.m. a pair of burglars tried the front and back doors, then broke a back window.

The teenager grabbed his father's AR-15 and knew what to do with it.   

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.” 

The home invaders fled, leaving a trail of blood.

Shortly afterwards, two suspects showed up at Tomball hospital. One was an adult and was hit at least three times.  Lifeflight flew him to Memorial Hermann hospital in the Medical Center. The second suspect, a juvenile, was taken back to the crime scene, authorities said.

Neighbors said burglars had recently struck the two houses next door, including the deputy's home.

“They stole everything -- what they have inside. They already did it one time,” Rafael Cortez said.

This family should be very thankful folks like you aren't in a position to have made them have to attend their childrens' funerals
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 01:32:45 AM »
What is that response suppose to mean? They could have only used an AR15?

Good lord. When you have nothing Sirs, post nothing. You just look more and more Chimp like.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 02:12:54 AM »
No, the response is they had one, and used one, perfectly well, safely, and defended themselves from possible death.  So it's not this bloody instrument that can only kill school children.  It can be used to save lives.  That's what its supposed to mean.  But I appreciate the name calling...I can always tell when your barrels are empty, when all you've got is insults as your go-to response

BSB

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 05:32:02 AM »
They didn't need an AR 15. That's the point. They could have used a Ruger 10/22. For all you know they could have yelled at the thieves and gotten the same result.

You just can't reason, sirs. You just can't work with others. That probably is why you feel the need to carry when you have no need to carry. That's why you're more like a Chimp than a Human. 

Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest.

Humans Ability to Cooperate: 10
Sirs Ability to Cooperate: 3.5
Chimpanzees Ability to Cooperate: 3

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »
Per YOUR say so.  Obviously the father of this family disagreed, and the children are still alive, thanks to his AR 15.  Best you you keep your self perceived know-it-all nonsense to yourself.  But again, I appreciate the example of both barrels empty.  Gives me a sense of validating satisfaction, when all you've got are the insult.  The more immature the name calling, the more the validation.  Thanks    8)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 11:55:49 AM »
It is debatable that anyone would have been killed, as burglars have as their main goal robbery, not murder.

sirs belief that his being criticized for stupid remarks validate his stupid remarks is in error.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »
Of course the little (fatal) flaw to that claim is in how to explain how my comments were "stupid", outside of the SOP namecalling you and B prescribe to.  Good luck with that

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 01:31:27 PM »
Good luck to you at making sense to anyone but yourself.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 02:03:01 PM »
LOL...didn't think you could, "Professor"

BSB

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »
Obviously the father made his comment to protect his son. It was a very defensive comment. And hell, the thieves went to both the front and back doors before going to the window. That means the 15 year old boy had time to get his sister and leave the premises. I highly doubt the gun was needed at all.

Clearly these AR15s need to be taken off the market. Any moron can see that. Everytime you turn around someone is shooting someone with one of them.

Lizard Level of Cooperation: 2.8
Sirs Level of Cooperation: 1.9

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »
Wow, bsb the internet indoctrinated psychoanalyst, able to gleam exactly what the father really wanted to say, but couldn't, and knew exactly the layout as to the home as to know exactly what the children could have done.  Damn, hate when facts get in the way of such a good irrational know-better mindset.  FACT is the boy was taught how to use the AR 15 for defenseve purposes, and did precisely that, defended he & his sister from what could have been a horrible outcome. 

Whether the gun was "needed" per the say of hard core anti 2nd amendment blokes, is irrelevent.  It was used, as was its purpose & intention.  And the family is alive and safe as a result.  Just more FACTS and stats to add to the ones that demonstrate that more lives are saved with a firearm, than those taken by one.  At least in this country

BSB

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 09:26:59 PM »
As for the asinine charge that I'm anti-2nd amendment?

I remind the poster who calls himself sirs that he is posting in a thread I started in which I recommend, as an alternative to the AR15, several of the hardest hitting battle rifles ever produced. Not exactly something an anti-2nd amendmentist would do.  Further I remind the poster who calls himself sirs that the Supreme Court during its finding in the Washington DC gun case stated that the second amendment does not preclude the banning of a specific weapon, nor should it.

As for the shooting incident brought to the fore by the poster "sirs" and specifically to the posters reply to my comments on A) the layout of the house and B) the comments by the father of the shooter?

To A: Unless the front and back doors and the window in question of this house are all one in the same the 15 year old shooter had plenty of time to seek safety in a way that didn't involve a shooting. 

To B: The father of the shooter, being a police officer, knew very well the importance of getting out in front of this story. Further, his remarks, so perfectly worded to protect his son, may very well have been issued after consulting with a lawyer. 

BSB

Horseshit's Ability to Cooperate: 0.02
Sirs Ability to Cooperate:  - 0.9