Author Topic: Romney video on the 47%. The real Romney revealed, at long last.  (Read 4409 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Romney video on the 47%. The real Romney revealed, at long last.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »

When you are on your deathbed, ignore the many countries where they have universal healthcare you are dead either way .

Not an exact  quote. Minor unimportant editing may have been done for the sake of sound quality.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 10:58:54 PM »
There is no sign or indication that Romney was edited to say what he did not say.

No one ever puts completely unedited videos on the air. You can see why from the  unedited crap that amateurs put on YouTube.
Romney said what he said. His meaning was unchanged.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 11:04:33 PM »
There is no sign or indication that Romney said what he said. His meaning was changed.
Some Scraps of speech may be discarded because they are unimportant..............

was edited to say what he did not say.Romney
un
No one ever puts completely unedited videos on the air. You can see why from the  unedited crap that amateurs put on YouTube.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 02:15:28 AM »
No one posts disclaimers that TV tapes are edited. I have never seen such a disclaimer and neither have you.

This is not a TV show.  This wasn't Dukes of Hazard or The West Wing.  CONTEXT MATTERS in situations such as this, a real election.  A disclaimer was absolutely needed.........IF the agenda was objectivity.  Without the full video, in full context, its just as bad as that recent NBC effort in taking Romney out of context, with the whole WaWa's edited video.  Or when an edited audio of Zimmerman was released making him appear more racist, than when the full audio demonstrated not in the least

Context matters ---> CREDIBILITY.  Without the fomer, you lose the latter

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »
No one EVER posts a disclaimer on the news. It is assumed by every inelligent being that the pops and clicks and harrumphs and mumbled phrases are edited out, and that was all that happened here. Romney has not said at any time that he was misquoted or his words were altered.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »
The news doesn't show "secret" videos, without referencing that if its merely an excerpt, if that's indeed, what it was

Context matters ---> CREDIBILITY.  Without the fomer, you lose the latter
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
No one ever puts a disclaimer on the news.

In any case, we all know that it was edited in some way.

That certainly does not mean that there is no truth whatever in it.

You are allowed to believe in magical pixie dust if you wish, but I will believe what I have seen and heard mkore than your interpretation of it. You ,after all, believe in magical pixie dust.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »

You are allowed to believe in magical pixie dust if you wish, but I will believe what I have seen and heard mkore than your interpretation of it. You ,after all, believe in magical pixie dust.

Pixie Dust is your strawman.
Credability is the real value of news coverage.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »

Pixie Dust is your strawman.
Credability is the real value of news coverage.

And yet credibility is just another commodity put out to bid. No wonder 60% of viewers do not trust the MSM to be truthful in their reporting.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »
You can listen to the tapes and decide for yourself.

It is pretty clear that the meaning was not edited.

It was a $50K a plate dinner, and there were servers opening wine bottles and bustling about and the usual sounds of eating and the servers talking to one another. It is clear what Romney was saying. Mostly, he was trying to sound like someone these fatcats might want to give huge amounts of money to.

Romney was sucking up to them.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »
Yeah if you are going to fund raise it is helpful to ask the people with funds.

I'm not sure why this bothers you when Mitt does it, but it is okee dokey if Barack does it.

Speaking to the 47%: The $105,000 champagne tower featured at Obama fundraiser hosted by Jay-Z and Beyonce

$105,000: The champagne tower at the Tower 40/40 Club that costs twice the average income of a US family

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205541/280-000-champagne-tower-Obama-fundraiser-Jay-Z-Beyonce-Manhattan-night-club.html

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 12:29:42 AM »
I'm not sure why this bothers you when Mitt does it, but it is okee dokey if Barack does it.

Because liberalism in it's core is a fraud, based on lies and  fear mongering.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 03:45:00 AM »

See?...that's the difference.  You're going by the pixie dust....making up your own predetermined interpretations based on the EDITED video, and screw any context.  Weren't you one of those screaming bloody murder about how horrific it was for Breibert to have taken a video, and shown it out of context, regarding the Shirley Sherrod incident

But now it's ok??

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »
Weren't you one of those screaming bloody murder about how horrific it was for Breibert to have taken a video, and shown it out of context, regarding the Shirley Sherrod incident

Not that I recall. Here is a motto for you sirs "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." And your mind is one of the teensiest I have ever seen running loose.

MissFitt Rawmoney is running for president. His attitude is that the 47% of the population that does not pay income taxes are a bunch of mooches that will never take responsibility for their lives is simply IGNORANT.

I worked and paid income taxes from the time I was 17, except when I was in college. I worked until I was 66, and retired and since my house and everything else was paid for, and I had no need of more than Social Security paid me, I paid no income taxes, because I had under $25K in income. I have had an IRA and contributed the max in it every year since it was established, and to a Roth IRA every year since that was established, and have a vested 403B from my employer. When the stock market was down, I did not withdraw anything, because I knew it would spring back and that every $100 would be $200 when it did. And that was precisely what happened between the low, in August 2009 and now.

So I saved my money and invested it. I am NOT irresponsible. I do NOT consider myself a victim. And I know from many friends that I am far from alone.

I paid into Social Security and Medicare and I am still paying Medicare premiums.

I am not irresponsible. I am not a victim. And Mittsfit is simply an ignoramus who does not use his head and get the facts before he opens his mouth. He is too careless and ignorant to be president.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »
Weren't you one of those screaming bloody murder about how horrific it was for Breibert to have taken a video, and shown it out of context, regarding the Shirley Sherrod incident

Not that I recall. Here is a motto for you sirs "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." And your mind is one of the teensiest I have ever seen running loose.

Xo, with his league leading being wrong average, now reaching the coveted 99% mark

Xo; Sherrod was more a victim here, because she sought to explain a long personal story of her dealings with racists and Whites, and Brietbart chose to quote her out of context deliberately, Probably more out of a desire to increase his viewership than out of racism. His motives are not better because they are based on personal greed than tribalism. He thrives on hate of any sort, the more sensational the better.

MissFitt Rawmoney is running for president. His attitude is...

....What you, the lunatic left, is going to claim it is, REGARDLESS of any facts or context to the contrary, or whatever hypocritical double standards you must adhere to.  Bad when out of context videos are portraying Democrats....perfectly ok, if its portraying Republicans badly

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:47:29 PM by sirs »