Author Topic: Huck slams Palin er..... Portman  (Read 2371 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Huck slams Palin er..... Portman
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 11:58:45 AM »
Huck has a point. Single motherhood is not something to be glorified or something celebrities should point to as something to strive for. It is a struggle being a single mother and a lot of hard work. I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 12:56:25 PM »
I`ll go 1 steps further.

it all boils down to premarital sex.

the abstinence only trend is so extreme that bristol palin is considered a bad role model because she had sex. people actually prefer someone who didn`t have sex to teach the negatives of sex.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 01:15:10 PM »
  Seems as though Murphy Brown and Dan Quaile explored this territory , what didn't we resolve twenty years ago?

I don't want mothers of any age or condition to bear such opprobrium that they commit suicide or have abortions. Placeing severe social disaproval on the unwed mother used to be the main social control on procreation. Bastardy was considered a problem perhaps because there was no man attached to the child to support and guide ,wedlock attaches a man to each child ,something that would still be desireable.

Where is the middle here?Should we say that wealthy women don't need an attachment to men?Or should we attach most of the opprobrium on the unwed Father?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »
interesting, i never gave it a thought.

notice guys complain about support payment but rarely think of marrying the mom? lots of baby daddy out there.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »
I consider it highly unlikely that Huckabee or Gingrich will be running for president. It is as about unlikely as an attack from the Indonesian Mau-Mau.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 08:30:08 AM »
the abstinence only trend is so extreme that bristol palin is considered a bad role model because she had sex. people actually prefer someone who didn`t have sex to teach the negatives of sex.

I find it extremely funny that the same people who complain about this are all for former drug users teaching kids to abstain from using drugs and alcoholics teaching kids to abstain from drinking. Heck, they even support a former animal abuser teaching kids to not abuse animals (Vick).
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)