Author Topic: can you vote issues not parties?  (Read 9664 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: can you vote issues not parties?
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2011, 03:52:52 PM »
Then we should be able to assume you'll cease this effort to misrepresent my position as something nefarious

Should, being the operative word. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »
Then we should be able to assume you'll cease this effort to misrepresent my position as something nefarious

Should, being the operative word.

There ya go again. When did i say your mistake was born of ill intent.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »
Your continued efforts at trying to lay claim to a repetative misrepresentation of your position by myself
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2011, 05:42:09 PM »
Your continued efforts at trying to lay claim to a repetative misrepresentation of your position by myself

And perhaps you can show where I placed a value, nefarious or otherwise, on your repetitive misrepresentations?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »
Subtracting the notion of such on my part, repetative misrespresentation by anyone, imples an EFFORT to misrepresent.  What other inference would there be?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2011, 07:36:13 PM »
Subtracting the notion of such on my part, repetative misrespresentation by anyone, imples an EFFORT to misrepresent.  What other inference would there be?

Perhaps you are unaware that you do it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »
If I personally did it, I'd be aware of it, since again, it generally requires an EFFORT to misrepresent.

Why?......are you unaware of when you're doing it?  I rarely see you do it with anyone else's posts....pretty much just mine

Or is this tangential thread of a tangential thread leading the saloon no where??

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »
If I personally did it, I'd be aware of it, since again, it generally requires an EFFORT to misrepresent.

Why?......are you unaware of when you're doing it?  I rarely see you do it with anyone else's posts....pretty much just mine

Or is this tangential thread of a tangential thread leading the saloon no where??

So you are aware when you misrepresent my posts? I did not know that, i was giving you the benefit of the doubt, apparently misguided as that was. But even so, i don't see where i placed a value on your misrepresentations even though you falsely claim i did.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
Since your premice is flawed.......

I guess we're done here

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2011, 08:05:33 PM »
Actually we will be done when you quit misrepresenting my posts. Otherwise expect to be called on it each and everytime you deliberately do it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2011, 08:17:30 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2011, 11:30:37 PM »
Another discussion led off into nonsense and fantasy by sirs blathering.

Can you vote for issues and not parties?

Yes, you can vote for voter initiatives and recalls in specific elections in some states.

Most of the time you must choose between candidates, not issues or parties. If you know nothing much about a candidate in some cases, like judges and know his/her party affiliation only, then that and his /her name and false or correct assumptions about that name may be all you can vote on.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2011, 11:55:31 PM »
What gets me is when I vote the man and not the party , the man then votes as if he owed all to the party.

Partys are the tools of the people for fighting issues , and at the same time they are the tools of the politicians for ropeing in the peoples support.

I think the partys are couzins to Shrodingers cat in this respect , they are ,and are not, at once the tool of the one and the other.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2011, 01:39:34 AM »
Another discussion led off into nonsense and fantasy by sirs blathering.

Try simple questioning of one poster to another on the meanings and clarifications of what each were trying to convey, and then you'd be making a contribution to this thread vs merely being your typical snarking twit