General Category > 3DHS

He finds it ironic

<< < (2/2)

Universe Prince:
I find it ironic that people who claim government should act like the parents of average citizens, teaching the citizens how to act and think while providing them with everything, are often the same people who, when government decides to do something they don't like, throw a hissy fit when government uses some variation of the "because I said so" excuse.

I find it ironic that folks who claim the average citizen is tricked and coerced by corporations and advertizing into buying things against his will, things like iPods or Big Macs or Nikes, are often the same folks who claim that average citizens should be choosing by majority vote who should run the government.

Not claiming to be describing anyone in particular, I'm just adding to the "what I find ironic" list.

Michael Tee:
 <<find it ironic that folks who claim the average citizen is tricked and coerced by corporations and advertizing into buying things against his will, things like iPods or Big Macs or Nikes, are often the same folks who claim that average citizens should be choosing by majority vote who should run the government.>>

It's not ironic, it's just sad.  To paraphrase Winston Churchill, it's not a good idea to let them decide by majority vote, but all the other ideas turned out to be worse.

Universe Prince:

--- Quote from: Michael Tee on September 30, 2006, 09:42:41 AM ---
It's not ironic, it's just sad.

--- End quote ---

It is indeed, though perhaps not in the way you mean.

--- Quote from: Michael Tee on September 30, 2006, 09:42:41 AM ---
To paraphrase Winston Churchill, it's not a good idea to let them decide by majority vote, but all the other ideas turned out to be worse.

--- End quote ---

And as poorly as this one seems to be turning out, perhaps we need to rethink the whole matter of whether or not the idea of government is valid at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version