Author Topic: The biggest natural disaster  (Read 1303 times)

BSB

Re: The biggest natural disaster
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »
"They are not rare enough to treat the idea with casual contempt ."

Where you treating the idea that way? I didn't notice. What I did notice was your statement that by avoiding a collision we might be safe for a couple centuries. I hadn't thought we were at the point of being in peril every 200 hundred years. I don't think we yet know how often we're imperil and from an historical perspective humans have not been disastrously impacted by one of these anywhere near that often. As far as I know.

BSB 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 10:49:04 AM »
"I don't think all the nations of the world are equally willing to sholder this sort of responsibility."

Therefore what? Therefore we aren't all citizens of the world?

"Should the resorces of the US be used to benefit the entire world?"

Well, should they?

BSB

Yes they should indeed.
The US has taken the lead in reduction of disease and hunger , why not do what we can when we can and not wait for the rest of the world to catch up first?

But this is the US fulfilling the whitemans burden , not the world all becoming fellow citizens.

BSB

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »
"Yes they should indeed."

Well than, again, why'd you ask the question?

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
"I don't think all the nations of the world are equally willing to sholder this sort of responsibility."

Since this seems to be an ongoing theme of yours now, I believe Bt's question becomes much more pertinent......how are you defining "citizen"?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »

Since this seems to be an ongoing theme of yours now, I believe Bt's question becomes much more pertinent......how are you defining "citizen"?
Oh well then ...

Americans are citizens of the world , the rest of the world need not feel so responsible.