Author Topic: Here's a bad omen for Obama & Company  (Read 5702 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here's a bad omen for Obama & Company
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
Bad week for the leftest gang
- Polls as bad as Carter
- Obamination Care starting to come aprt, even before its been fully implimented
- 2nd Highest Annual Deficit in history
And (no surprise here, since even I haven't heard about it from the likes of the MSM, but apparently
- Billionaire Obama donor backer and major Solyndra investor, George Kaiser, has paid almost zero taxes over the last decade

Is it any wonder the "timing" of the decision to bring troops home from Iraq, right before the election cycle goes full bore?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »
<<Bad week for the leftest gang>>

Obama a leftist?  LMFAO. 

a "Leftist" who took the public option out of health care; who refuses to prosecute torturers and those who ordered torture, even though obligated by binding international convention signed and ratified by the USA to do so, who murders US citizens by drone without any of their due Fifth Amendment rights, who has refused to end the process of rendition and who is removing trials from American courts in favour of military tribunals, who threw Elizabeth Warren AND Van Jones under the bus . . .

Yeah, SOME fuckin' leftist!!!  One more term of this "leftist" and you can change the national anthem of the country to the Horst Wessel Lied.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »
Yeah, SOME fuckin' leftist!!!  One more term of this "leftist" and you can change the national anthem of the country to the Horst Wessel Lied.

One trick pony. Calling everyone who disagrees with you a Nazi is pretty lame.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »
<<Bad week for the leftest gang>>

Obama a leftist?  LMFAO

Yea, been that way since the beginning, especially on the domestic front.  If he had his way, he would have had the Public option, and a whole host of more taxes and regulations.  It was your squishy Dems, worried about relection, that screwed him, of the "fundamental change" he so campaigned on,.....and ironically still is.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
If Obama had the influence of LBJ in Congress, the healthcare bill probably would have been far better. But there was no LBJ in the White House or anywhere near Washington, so Obama did what he had to do.

First, he noticed that when the Clintons proposed a bill, it was attacked and destroyed from within by lobbyists, so he let Congress hash out the details first, and only came in to swing around what weight he had at the end. This resulted in a more complex and inferior bill than simply giving everyone Medicare. All in all, I think he did all he could with what he had.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 01:47:09 PM »
If Obama had the influence of LBJ in Congress, the healthcare bill probably would have been far better. But there was no LBJ in the White House or anywhere near Washington, so Obama did what he had to do.

First, he noticed that when the Clintons proposed a bill, it was attacked and destroyed from within by lobbyists, so he let Congress hash out the details first, and only came in to swing around what weight he had at the end. This resulted in a more complex and inferior bill than simply giving everyone Medicare. All in all, I think he did all he could with what he had.

If it is worth doing it is worth doing right. Obama didn't do that. I don't see how he can claim that failure as a victory and or an accomplishment.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 02:19:25 PM »
<<Calling everyone who disagrees with you a Nazi is pretty lame.>>

It was an obviously exaggerated prediction made to emphasize a point.  Which I am sure you yourself must have recognized.  Your indignation is nothing more than a pose.  As a statement of fact, the idea that the USA is seriously in danger of adopting the Horst Wessel Lied as its national anthem is ridiculous.  Only a moron could take it seriously.  And before you start pretending that I called you a moron, I don't think for a minute that you took that as a serious prediction.  Just more posturing on your part.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 02:25:54 PM by Michael Tee »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
XO, you make one excuse after another for this con artist and sell-out maven.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of his lame-assed sell-outs can be blamed on GOP/Blue Dog sand-bagging?  I don't think so.  Where is leadership?  Where is the "bully pulpit?"  Nobody would hold it against an elected representative if he fought the good fight and lost.  HE NEVER FOUGHT!!!  Common sense, in retrospect, tells us everything we need to know about him - - he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the position he held even before he became the Democratic candidate if he hadn't already sold out again and again and again.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »
If it is worth doing it is worth doing right. Obama didn't do that. I don't see how he can claim that failure as a victory and or an accomplishment.

==================
That is just a simplistic statement. You are saying: "If we cannot have perfection, we should not have anything".

We went down that road before when Ted Kennedy and Nixon disagreed. Now everyone acknowledges that even Nixon;s plan would have been a huge improvement.

Face it: perfection is impossible in this country. People are too diverse and too stubborn.

President Obama tried to do it right. He did the best he could against immense opposition. No one else managed to do it, and he did it.

Once we have any sort of program, it can be improved.

It's like waking up and discovering that you are naked and it is 40ºF. The first thing you do is put something on, whatever you can find: a towel, a pinafore, a parka, a bedsheet, whatever. Once you have something on, you can lok for something else.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 02:47:40 PM »
Your indignation is nothing more than a pose.

I am not indignant - just pointing out that you pretty much do nothing but call people who disagree with you "Nazis". Sometimes you're more creative about it, but that's pretty much all you do.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »
XO, you make one excuse after another for this con artist and sell-out maven.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of his lame-assed sell-outs can be blamed on GOP/Blue Dog sand-bagging?  I don't think so.  Where is leadership?  Where is the "bully pulpit?"  Nobody would hold it against an elected representative if he fought the good fight and lost.  HE NEVER FOUGHT!!!
===============================================================
I do not know what conversations went on that I did not hear. I agree that Obama should have fought more. I felt that Hillary was better qualified, for obvious reasons, but Obama was still vastly better than McCain, and I did not have a chance to vote for Hillary.

When this country was founded, we had the best democratic system of government of anywhere on Earth. But there were flaws in the system: a two-party system was one (though it is not legally part of the system), the Electoral College is another, and a deliberately contentious government is the worst. Our government is designed to be inefficient and contentious. Because of the greedhead mega rich, we now have a huge stalemate that exploits this defect in every way. We are still better off than the Thais, but it is a mess,and I see no chance of it changing.

I am sure that there are problems in the Great White North as well that we do not have, but I am not the expert on your government that you seem to be on ours.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 03:01:36 PM »
<< . . .  you pretty much do nothing but call people who disagree with you "Nazis".>>

You're a scientific fellow.  Why don't you count my last 20 or 30 or 40 posts and see how many of them consisted of "pretty much nothing but calling my opponents "Nazis?"  Should be close to 100% according to you.

On second thought, don't bother because we both know that you're all fulla shit.  Or maybe you're just itching for another flame war.  Sorry but I don't have the time for it.   Nice try, though.   

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 04:27:46 PM »
That is just a simplistic statement. You are saying: "If we cannot have perfection, we should not have anything".

That is not what i am saying at all. But riddle me this, if and when Obamacare gets ruled unconstitutional, or is repealed or is otherwise neutered, did passing an obviously imperfect bill do more harm to the cause of universal health care than passing nothing at all?

I think it did.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »
<<I am sure that there are problems in the Great White North as well that we do not have, but I am not the expert on your government that you seem to be on ours.>>

We seem to be governed by responsible adults whether or not I agree with them and you seem to be governed by irresponsible lunatics.  Sure we have troubles, like everyone else, but the U.S.A. has major problems that they can't solve; only with a little luck, they can kick them down the road a little ways, for the next crop of irresponsible lunatics to deal with.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
<<I am sure that there are problems in the Great White North as well that we do not have, but I am not the expert on your government that you seem to be on ours.>>

We seem to be governed by responsible adults whether or not I agree with them and you seem to be governed by irresponsible lunatics.  Sure we have troubles, like everyone else, but the U.S.A. has major problems that they can't solve; only with a little luck, they can kick them down the road a little ways, for the next crop of irresponsible lunatics to deal with.

Liberalism has a lot of lunatics in it's ranks.