Author Topic: I hate this virus  (Read 526 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I hate this virus
« on: August 06, 2011, 12:22:23 AM »
http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2011/06/remove-xp-antispyware-2012-xp-internet.html

XP Internet Security 2012 has hit me twice recently. ESET NOD32 cleaned it up the first time , but then didn't touch it when it returned, then I managed to get an update through and again it has been knocked back.

Someone must be tending the virus the same way that the antivirus program is being updated by the ESET company. When they each understdn each the others vunerability they correct and improve as soon as they can iterations repeating rapidly.

Meanwhile more and more of my computing time and computer power is devoted to maintaining antivirus or hosting virus.

Also of course the virus insults my intelligence with garish warning that my machine is infected and compromises my ability to access the internet blocking every attempt at googling up help.

It can only become more irritateing the next iteration.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I hate this virus
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:08:30 AM »
the best part is these guys don`t do it for the money. it`s a shame they don`t attack spammers. people would pay money for that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:26:22 AM »
  In many cases they are spammers.

One of the ways they can make money is to hijack your computer time to publish really cheap advertising.

XP antispyware 2012 pretends to be a legitamate security feature and asks for you to register and pay for full protection.

Others of them might try to quietly collect all of your account numbers and passwords as you use them.

I can't admire them , in spite of their skill, because they don't care what harm they might be doing.

http://www.blackhat.com/

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 05:08:28 AM »
makes me wonder
if viruses did not exist would our technology be more advance or not. we would definately spend less on software.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
Any time you get an offer to a "free" virus search for your computer that you did not solicit, it is coming from the same company that put it there, and money you pay to have them remove it will be wasted.

Take careful note of the name of the company and google it, and that will lead to an antivirus program that will work.
Avira, AVG and Malwarebytes are all reputable and available for free, if you CAREFULLY read the directions for the free version. Their ads are deceptive.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »
AVAST is good too
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987