Author Topic: Boy, 11, Fatally Shoots Teenage Intruder During Home Invasion  (Read 2315 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Boy, 11, Fatally Shoots Teenage Intruder During Home Invasion
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:14:35 AM »
Boy, 11, Fatally Shoots Teenage Intruder During Home Invasion
by PHIL HELSEL

An 11-year-old St. Louis-area boy fatally shot a 16-year-old who entered his home during an alleged home invasion Thursday, police said.

The shooting happened on Hallwood Drive in northern St. Louis County at around 2:20 p.m. local time (3:20 p.m. ET), police said.

Two people had approached the home twice before Thursday, and on the third attempt entered the house through the front door, police said. The 11-year-old who lives in the home shot the 16-year-old intruder in the head, St. Louis County police said in a statement.

Police found the shot teenager dead in the foyer, and a second person who fled was caught nearby.

Police were working to verify the second person's identity Thursday afternoon. The names of those involved, and a possible motive in the suspected home invasion, were not released.

Police said the 11-year-old and a 4-year-old girl who was also inside the home were not injured. Their mother, who was not home at the time of the shooting, is cooperating with the investigation, police said.

The gun belonged to the 11-year-old's mother, St. Louis County police Sgt. Brian Schellman told NBC station KSDK.

"Initial statements the mother made to our detectives is that she purchased it because her home has been the target of several burglaries over the past few years, and she purchased it for self-protection," Schellman said.

Schellman said Thursday's shooting was the latest instance of a child using a gun with deadly consequences. He referenced last week's deadly accident in which a 21-month-old toddler in another part of the county found a loaded handgun and shot himself. The child later died at a hospital.

"Children have access to guns all too often, and all too often they end in tragic circumstances," Schellman said.

Or not so tragic - in this case defending innocent lives.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Boy, 11, Fatally Shoots Teenage Intruder During Home Invasion
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:37:45 AM »
This could have been avoided entirely with MORE GUNS! :o
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »
Sure. If every law abiding citizen were a responsible gun owner, the now deceased intruder might have thought twice before he tried to break into a residence where there was a gun and possibly someone willing to use it, and might still be alive today. Alas, 'twas not to be. The gene pool has been disinfected again.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »
Indeed
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 01:15:31 PM »
The gene pool has been disinfected again.

Amen to that!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 02:12:41 PM »
This could have been avoided entirely with MORE GUNS!

How would less guns have avoided it??  Actually, in reality just the right enough was needed, as that thug won't be invading any more homes
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »
Too bad he was not a fetus. Then you could have defended him.

Say! There's the solution!

ARM FETUSES!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »
An unborn child wouldn't have been invading someone's home, and potentially putting at risk the lives of the people within the home.  But cudos on the misdirection effort.  Noticed how you couldn't address the actual serious question posed....as in how would have less guns prevented the home invasion and subsequent disinfection to the gene pool

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »
Go get stuffed, you moron.

You like the idea of people getting shot.
 You are a sicko.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 02:37:45 PM »
I doubt Sirs likes the idea of anyone being shot, any more than I do. I doubt either of us are going to waste any tears on a criminal legally and lethally stopped during their commission of a crime.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »
BINGO.

Again, its funny, to folks like xo, I'm supposedly this radical right wing gun zealot, brandishing my roscoe everywhere I go, and just itching to shoot someone.  I've had my CCW now for over 20years.  The ONLY ones that know who I look like, know me personally, and know I carry, outside of the Sheriff's dept, are my immediate family, and just a couple of friends I can count on 1 hand.  Otherwise, no one would be the wiser.  I've never had to brandish it, much less shoot at anyone.  How does he square that reality with his preconceived notion of what my ideas are??   ???

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »
Oh, I've had one over 30 years now. I've had to draw a weapon a time or two to defend myself or others. I don't go looking for opportunities to throw down on someone and start busting caps. I originally began carrying because of very real threats to my life (dynamite under the hood of my car real) and have carried ever since, as a private courier and other positions where I carried large sums of cash or valuables. I used to compete in combat handgun competitions and have been a firearms instructor, archery instructor, and hunter's safety course instructor. I am a member of a local gun club where I know several members who carry, some with law enforcement backgrounds, others for various reasons. Most have never had to draw a weapon, let alone use one in anger, but we do go to the range and keep up our proficiency. If we ever end up in a situation where we need to defend ourselves or others, we have the means to do so.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 04:59:44 PM »
Precisely.   Of course the professor refers to someone like me and others who have never had to pull their weapon, as "useless gun nuts", based on apparently since I've never been in a situation where we've had to pull our firearm & save someone,  that somehow equates to being useless.  Don't ask me how he irrationally makes that leap of illogic......but there it is.  Glad everything turned out ok on your end....shoot straight & center mass