Author Topic: After Years of Republican Neglect  (Read 8075 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: After Years of Republican Neglect
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2013, 03:34:42 AM »
Good thing this country doesn't operate like a military base.....all those accidents
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2013, 12:50:47 PM »
military personnel are often under a lot of stress, they tend to be of the age in which people are at their most violent. Such people are more likely to go crazy than the average citizen. The Pentagon wisely decided to prevent such attacks by barring weapons from people who do not need them for their own protection.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »
Priceless.....so those in the military can just go......"postal", anytime, anywhere, because they're just "of that age".  Yea, that's why the Pentagon did what they did.     :o    But so nice to know we have those superior than thou leftists who can decide for others who needs what
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2013, 01:15:35 PM »
The Pentagon decided long ago that having soldiers, sailors and Marines packing heat on domestic bases was a dumb idea. The Pentagon, like any employer, has the right to tell its employees that they cannot run about armed.

In this case, I deem that they are smarter than you, sirs.
They are certainly not taking orders from me.
There are even several species of lesser primates that they share this advantage with.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2013, 01:23:36 PM »
The Pentagon decided long ago that having soldiers, sailors and Marines packing heat on domestic bases was a dumb idea.

Yea, BnonameB already address that....they're a bunch of keystone-like cops....accidents abound.  You've now added they can go "postal" anytime as well.  Interesting hypothetical combination

The Pentagon, like any employer, has the right to tell its employees that they cannot run about armed.

Strange how no one has said otherwise..........can we say "strawman"?

BSB

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »
At the beginning of the Korean War the Commander of an Airborne Brigade at Fort Hood decided to have a practice night jump somewhere out on the vastness of that fort. The brigade jumped and there were so many injuries, broken legs etc., that the brigade never made it to Korea. The idea of arming soldiers here in the US is made out of the same folly. Practice jumps are made on prepared drop zones. Loaded weapons are used on firing ranges.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2013, 02:13:51 PM »
Because of course, the military is a bunch of accident prone crazies....or so we're being led to believe

BSB

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »
Yeah well, the right has lost it. Only a few short years ago I was a Republican, than the right lost their collective mind and I moved on. WMD, mushroom clouds, arming all the soldiers on US bases, the Pee Party, homophobia, it'd be funny if there wasn't so much at stake.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
Know-it-all leftists sure have a tragic grasp of what freedom means.  It means people have the freedom to choose x.  Not that they are to have x (in how you're erroneously trying to portray it in conservative Republicans) or can't have x, because someone else thinks they don't need it (in how liberal Democrats function)

(x is whatever, such as firearms, but you can put pretty much anything else in that spot)

Kinda glad your kind left the GOP.  We would rather have folks that truely support the notion of freedom, and what that means
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:38:27 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2013, 07:35:18 PM »
There's nothing to refute. The military doesn't allow for it and for good reason. You're just talking to yourself.

BSB

I guess you win by refusing to debate , or think.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2013, 07:52:35 PM »
Only a few short years ago I was a Republican, than the right lost their collective mind and I moved on.

Are you equating the right with Republicans or are you saying the GOP of your youth, the Rockefellers, Lodges, Dirksens, Welds, Nixons and Bush's no longer exists?

BSB

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »
Well obviously neither Bush1, or Bush2, or Weld, were elected to their top posts while I was in my youth. And obviously the Republican party is to the right of the Democratic party. Any more post U.S. Civil War, states rights, Pee Party, redneck, deep south, questions?

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »
Well obviously neither Bush1, or Bush2, or Weld, were elected to their top posts while I was in my youth. And obviously the Republican party is to the right of the Democratic party. Any more post U.S. Civil War, states rights, Pee Party, redneck, deep south, questions?

BSB

You really didn't answer my question at all. My mistake for showing interest (even temporarily) in what you had to say.

Carry on, take those pot shots from the ridge old timer. Vote your conscience, that is all anyone can really do.

BSB

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »
"You really didn't answer my question at all."

Sure I did, you just didn't like the facts. And is there any place in here to shoot from besides the ridge? Of course not. That's what these forums are. Their the ridge. That's why you set it up.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2013, 09:16:41 PM »
I set these forums up because yahoo was abandoning Clubs and i didn't think MSN was going to back their version of clubs over the long haul. Those are the facts.