Author Topic: Would have made a difference?  (Read 6560 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Would have made a difference?
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:03:18 PM »
Well.....it "appears" that the CIA, (at least the director), knew at the onset, we had a terrorist attack hitting our consulate in Benghazi.  It "appears" the line we've been fed as it relates to UN Secretary Rice reading from an intel brief, provided by the CIA, was either a lie, oops, error, or was edited to minimize the terrorist angle, as over a week went by, blaming some video.

And there you had the President distotring what he actually said the day after the attack in the Rose Garden, when it was painfully clear that not only did he not specifically state the 911 Libya attack was an act of terrorism, but that we still needed to do more investigation to find out what really happened.

Oh, and remeber the biggest rhetorical point team Obama kept making?.....that we we'll find those who did this, and bring them to justice.  So, how's that working out?  Any news agency, ANYWHERE, asking that question, or status update?  Even if it would get the response that "well, we're still investigating"?

Well, thanks to Candy Crowly, that issue was put to rest as she thru Obama a lifeline, and largely deflated an issue that I think Romney could have easily used to help higlight the dublicty, dishonesty, and shotty leadership coming out of the WH

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:28:13 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Would have made a difference?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
LOL, calm down Sirs, your rage is showing - in your spelling.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 10:08:10 AM »
Again, this is no Watergate, and nothing like Watergate. President Obama won despite Rove and his shameless American Crossroads and campaign to steal votes.

Time to shut up and let the man govern.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »
Again, this is no Watergate, and nothing like Watergate. President Obama won despite Rove and his shameless American Crossroads and campaign to steal votes.

Time to shut up and let the man govern.

By the space of four dead it is like Watergate if Watergate were international and combined with the Kent State shooting.

There is no way that Watergate is a bigger deal than Bengazigate,

The Bengazi problem is larger and uglyer nth times   .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »
LOL, calm down Sirs, your rage is showing - in your spelling.

Yep, nothing to see here....move along like proper serf

Again, this is no Watergate, and nothing like Watergate.

Yea, its worse....far worse
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »
Tell you the truth , I am not looking forwards to another Watergate.

Especially since I don't think that President Obama would be a good sport about it , I imagine him going down fighting , even if the fight sinks everything .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »
If the MSM were ever start to dig....(as if this were a GOP president), this would likely blow watergate right out of the water.  Fast and Furious had the potential, but again, it's all about the cover-up, and this one is starting smell pretty ripe

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »
It is monumentally stupid to say that this is even a hundredth as significant as Watergate. No one was trying to subvert American democracy in Benghazi, but that was clearly what happened in Watergate. The whole operation was planned by Nixon and his henchmen.

President Obama did not arrange for the ambassador to be shot or the consulate to be attacked.

Nothing significant will come of this, nor should it. It is just something tor asshole right wing fanatics to fuss about. Rush and his creepy pals hate to admit that they have lost miserably and that their days are coming to an end, so they bitch about Benghazi, because he knows how dim his followers are. It is as useless to call this important as it is to discuss secession petitions.
Fodder for the lumpenproletarians.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 04:34:22 PM »
Yep, nothing to see here....move along like proper serf

Drops trou and waves my ass at Sirs and tells him to pucker up....

I was simply pointing out that when you get excited, your spelling suffers.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
It suffers all the time.  I'm not a great speller, so "excitability" has nothing to do with it

In watergate you merely had tapes, that recorded folks, and that was covered up.  Here you had 4 dead Americans, 1 of them the 1st ambassador to have been murdered in over 30yrs.  If this cover-up gets exposed, its going to be exponentially worse than watergate

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »
No, it won't.

NO WAY this is a big deal. President Obama learned of this mostly after the fact. It was simply due to a lack of intelligence.

Watergate was INTENTIONAL. The mistake was that the burglars got caught.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »
No, it won't.

yes it will...+ infinity +1   Exponentially more so....Americans died with this cover-up

NO WAY this is a big deal. President Obama learned of this mostly after the fact.

Ummm, I've been told he had copious connections with the latest in communication technology.  It's always the cover-up that makes the act for more stenchier. 

It was simply due to a lack of intelligence.

Too easy to apply that one to said poster, so I'll let it slide.  Point being this isn't an issue of knowing what was going to happen, before it happened.  This is an issue of who denied the extra security, when it was repeatedly requested, who denied the help when called for, and how Obama got away with lying in front of the american people when he claimed it was a terrorist attack the day after the attack.

Watergate was INTENTIONAL.

Cover-ups ARE INTENTIONAL

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »
There is no significant cover up involved here.No one broke any law other than the terrorists and/or rioters. There was nothing to cover up.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »
Not yet.  and when it does get exposed, you'll put on your best coolaide cover, and claim how it was some Republican cabal, simply out to get Obama....because he's black

At least, H, as good as he is in defending Obama currently, at least I know that if such a massive cover-up was exposed, I'm confident he'd be changing his toon as well.  He does have some credible objectivity

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 07:00:50 PM »
It is monumentally stupid to say that this is even a hundredth as significant as Watergate. No one was trying to subvert American democracy in Benghazi, but that was clearly what happened in Watergate. The whole operation was planned by Nixon and his henchmen.

So hiding unpleasant truth from the people is perfectly fair , even if the cover up kills a citizen or two?

I think you are backwards on this , what was Watergate in comparison to this?

Did Watergate succeed in misleading the people?
Did the Bengazi coverup?

As a matter facts we do know and don't , we vaguely know when Nixon learned that his "plumbers "had gotten caught in a break in.

I don't think we know this quite yet about Obama.

But earlyer is worse.