Author Topic: Would have made a difference?  (Read 6557 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Would have made a difference?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »
The coverup is not about the death of 4 Americans and the circumstances in which they expired.

The sleight of hand deals with what was going on in the annex, the use of which, if brought to the attention of the American voters, might have significantly affected the results of the election.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 08:31:32 PM »
The coverup is not about the death of 4 Americans and the circumstances in which they expired.

The sleight of hand deals with what was going on in the annex, the use of which, if brought to the attention of the American voters, might have significantly affected the results of the election.

I don't think so.

If the raiders had found something interesting they would have published.

The Annex strikes me as a prudent measure , a place to retreat to, but , the raiders knew where it was and attacked it with mortars.
There are many indicators in that of carefull preplanning and exploitation of security lapses.

If the raid had released prisoners or found anything elese interesting , why be tardy in exploiting the evidence?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

While I agree with the latter, its the former that's likely to make Watergate look like child's play, to the populace
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
If the raid had released prisoners or found anything elese interesting , why be tardy in exploiting the evidence?

How do you know they aren't?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
There is no way this would have changed the results of the election at all.

It is basically insignificant,and will result in nothing.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »

You are probably correct. I don't think his supporters care if he lies to them or not.

Do you care that Gitmo is still open?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »

Would you have called the shooting at Kent State insignifigant?

What about Watergate could have influenced the election?

Watergate was tawdry, a game of dirty tricks and money, Bengazi is deadly, a series of false claims , mismanagement of foreign relations and poor understanding of intelligence.
Bengazi is worse.
What they have in common is the timing near election and the failing to temptation to coverup.

How you think Watergate worse? I have only a theroy, you like President Obama as a person, and are eager to excuse his little flaws however evident they may become.

I can understand that , Nixon broke my heart.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »

It is basically insignificant,and will result in nothing

You are probably correct. I don't think his supporters care if he lies to them or not.

Do you care that Gitmo is still open?

touche'
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »

Would you have called the shooting at Kent State insignifigant?

What about Watergate could have influenced the election?

Watergate was tawdry, a game of dirty tricks and money, Bengazi is deadly, a series of false claims , mismanagement of foreign relations and poor understanding of intelligence.
Bengazi is worse.
What they have in common is the timing near election and the failing to temptation to coverup.

How you think Watergate worse? I have only a theroy, you like President Obama as a person, and are eager to excuse his little flaws however evident they may become

BINGO....excellent theory, btw

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »
At least, H, as good as he is in defending Obama currently...

Say whut?

...It's all speculation right now, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

That was shortly after the Petraeus affair broke, after I reassured you he could still be subpoenaed to testify (he was). I keep trying to point out, I'm not one to rush to judgement, like many in here. I like to have all the facts first, or as much as possible.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 01:35:10 AM »
As of yet, I haven't seen any retraction of your jump to defend Obama's claim that the terrorist attack in Libya, was indeed a terrorist attack, the very next day.  Sorry H, your defensive fingerprints are all over that one

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 04:44:32 AM »
I posted the source for that, if you care to go back and look. If they were wrong in saying Obama at first called it a terrorist act, then backed off that claim, then they were wrong. However, that was the information I had at the time.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 04:50:53 AM »
No, I recall very succinctly, and AFTER the debates, in which you were still parroting the WH version of events, as it relates to what he called it and when.  The facts demonstrated that he did NOT call the Libya attack a terrorist attack, not 1 day after, not even a week after.  He and his administration pushed Rice and his pundits out there to keep repeating the mantra of a video.....a spontaneous action......we need to investigate more.  If they needed to investigate more, then they sure as hell shouldn't have saddled their talking points upon a video, especially now in light that the CIA KNEW it was a terrorist attack from the get go, yet that's where Rice supposedly got her "talking points" from

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 05:00:52 AM »
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for...

From Obama's Rose Garden speech, September 12 http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/12/remarks-president-deaths-us-embassy-staff-libya

Slice it or dice it, parse it however you want, he referred to it as I said, as an act of terror. You and the rest of the rabid Republican right can take it however you want.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
President Obama did refer to it as a terrorist act. I see no evidence of any cover-up, and even if there was one, so what? OIt will not change the results. The deaths were caused by Libyans, and allowed because intel was absent. No cause for any major scandal. This like the secession petitions, and just as silly.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."