Author Topic: gender dysphoria  (Read 7877 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: gender dysphoria
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 11:13:55 PM »
I doubt if either of you know what the NAACP does or why its members continue to support it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:49 PM »
Right.
What we do not know about the NAACP doesn't cause a problem.
More to the point the NAACP doesn't know its own mission anymore .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 12:13:14 AM »
Neither does the NRA. It thinks that its mission is to educate gun owners, when its main goal is to peddle more guns and ammo.

Being as you have never been a member of the NAACP, it is pretty unlikely that you even know what they do

But they will continue doing it, and you will continue to be powerless to stop them.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 12:38:49 AM »
The main cause of the downfall of the klan is the same with alot of organization eventually it's own people attack each other for it's own gain. Oakland was the klam main chapter but it collasped due to embezzlement.

Ironiclly the klan is the inspiration of almost all organized crime and gangs in the u.s. All of t hem learned thier tactics from the klan and improved upon it. If the klan has a legacy it's the bulk of crime in the u.s.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 01:29:22 AM »
Neither does the NRA. It thinks that its mission is to educate gun owners, when its main goal is to peddle more guns and ammo.

Nope.
The NRA is a civil rights advocate with more members than any other.

Gun sales have little to do with the NRA mission, but a gun manufacturer would be wise to be supportive and attentive to a lobbying group that represents almost half of its customers.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2014, 08:19:40 AM »
one of the enemies of NRA is it`s own membership.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 02:54:33 PM »
The NRA is all about peddling guns. They sell there mailing lists, they advertise guns and ammo, they get more money from this than the do in dues from members.

And the reason you dislike the NAACP is precisely that their mission is the Advancement of African Americans in the US. For ever dollar a White family has, a Black family has a dime. When the average Black family has a dollar then and only then will your nonsensical kvetching makes sense.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »
  I never said that I dislike the NAACP, it has been the home of heroes.

I said that it would be great if it were not needed.
   You think it wonderful that it is needed?

The NRA making money off advertisements doesn't bother me at all, why should it?

More money is assistance to their primary purpose , foiling the evil gun restrictors .

I am not sure you are right , there is a lot of money in having several million people pay dues, but if the ads reduce the dues , this is a benefit not a problem.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 11:37:16 AM »
I think that the NAACP has the right to exist and that it should continue to exist and carry out whatever mission it wishes.

I think that White dudes who say it should be "abolished", but, no, not by the government are guilty of uttering moronic statements.

I suppose that if business actually reached an idyllic state, the Chambers of Commerce should just fade away as well.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 12:45:05 PM »
  That is an interesting idea, the Chamber of Commerce is very useful in many towns for promotion of business, tourism , employment ,etc...

The NAACP was a key organization in the civil rights struggle in the past , but has it really been useful lately?

It does have a right to exist and there is no reason to take any legal action to abolish it.

I mean that its membership can end it when they don't believe in it anymore , which would be a good measure of how much it is useful.

If its main purpose is receive corporate contribution and dispense absolution it can continue to do so , as long as this lasts.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 02:34:13 AM »
http://start.toshiba.com/news/read/category/US%20News/article/afp-transgender_troops_seek_end_to_us_military_taboo-afp

"It's quite a common pathway for people who are gender conflicted, trying to fix what we see is wrong with us, and see the military as the way of doing that," Major Harding said.
She was speaking at an unprecedented gathering of transgender troops from foreign armies in Washington, sharing their experiences in the hopes of persuading the Pentagon and the US administration to break perhaps the last taboo -- openly integrating members of their community into the military's ranks.
Eighteen countries around the world expressly allow transgender personnel to serve, including major US allies like Australia, Britain, Canada, Sweden and New Zealand.
But in the United States, despite the 2011 repeal of the divisive "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law, which banned gays from serving openly, there is little talk of extending the same rights to transgender people.
There are an estimated 15,500 transgender people believed to be serving in the US armed forces, but, under the current rules, if they are discovered the military is required to dismiss them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »
The NAACP is presently protesting the laws that Republican legislatures have passed to prevent Blacks and other poor people from voting, by requiring excessive proof of residency and citizenship./

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 11:10:17 PM »
The NAACP is presently protesting the laws that Republican legislatures have passed to prevent Blacks and other poor people from voting, by requiring excessive proof of residency and citizenship./

If you  think that having no ID is disenfranchising would you help anyone get a proper ID?

Protesting laws that prevent double voting  is a good example of evil effort. Not misdirected ,not just  wasted, it is for nefarious purpose done.

Why are they not insuring that these people in question get proper ID?

This would not only be less expense and effort, but would enable the poor persons in questions to qualify for food stamps and other assistances also.

None of these laws are intended to suppress any votes , and none of the protests against them are genuine.

The purpose of getting the genuine vote would be well served by making proper ID available for low cost or free and just as convenient as humanly possible , the NAACP could be doing that.

But because the NAACP has become an entirely owned subsidiary of the Democratic party , they instead spend all this effort on the preservation of Democratic vote rigging.

Al Franken would have lost his election without cheating , we do not even know how many others have not had the evidence uncovered, but Republicans are sick of this .

The vote in Texas is just about to have thousands of Democratic votes evaporate , but watch close , there are not going to be thousands of persons who are actual persons who will have any grounds to sue.

This is the experience we have had in Georgia, lots of registrations have turned out to be false , no one is willing to go to  court afterwards!!

I consider the proof to be accomplished.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 11:29:58 PM »
The main cause of the downfall of the klan is the same with alot of organization eventually it's own people attack each other for it's own gain. Oakland was the klam main chapter but it collasped due to embezzlement.

Ironiclly the klan is the inspiration of almost all organized crime and gangs in the u.s. All of t hem learned thier tactics from the klan and improved upon it. If the klan has a legacy it's the bulk of crime in the u.s.

I disagree on the KKK being the progenitor of organized crime.

The Mafia is older and many of the younger others are incompatible philosophically.

Unless you just mean that all organized crime pays attention to the tactics of all the others , I would guess that to be true.

I agree that one of the weaknesses of the Klan is internal corruption, because they promised their recruits that the movement was a guardian of virtue and innocence , whenever corruption became to obvious to deny they lost much loyalty.

This is one of the most complete examples I know about of how Power depends on the approval of the people.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/stephenson/stephensonaccount.html

...1925, the Indiana KKK was the largest state branch in the Klan's "Invisible Empire."  The conviction in November of that year of D. C. Stephenson, the powerful grand dragon of the Indiana Klan, for the murder of Madge Oberholtzer led to a dramatic decline in the organization's membership and political influence.  What began as a vicious rape on a night train from Indianapolis to Chicago ended with arrests of Indiana's governor and other high state officials. ...

In this instance the Klan went almost overnight from running the state government and turning away applicants in droves , to having many of their officers in lockup and having members abandoning the movement and no recruits asking.

I guess the illusion of virtue was pretty important .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 11:32:02 PM »
one of the enemies of NRA is it`s own membership.

This is a bit hard to understand.

I think it proper that the membership of the NRA be demanding.