Author Topic: Hillary give up, the media as anoited the chosen one  (Read 6078 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hillary give up, the media as anoited the chosen one
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 10:56:17 AM »
And I think it takes a hell of a lot of nerve to tout her "experience" over Obama's, when she approved the war and he didn't.  Experience is good only if it leads to improved judgment - - her judgment sucked and Obama's was rock-solid.

Obama never voted on the war. It is easy to claim that he would not have voted the way most of the Democrats did, but the fact is that he never voted for or against it.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »
She voted for it and he opposed it publicly during a Senate race.  The issue is judgment.  The war is a disaster, probably the worst foreign-policy disaster in U.S. history.  Who showed the better judgment?  Hillary in voting for it when she didn't have to, or Barak who unequivocally opposed it?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 11:09:11 AM »
She voted for it and he opposed it publicly during a Senate race.

He opposed it two years later - and I think that Hillary was opposing it already by then as well. Is there anything that shows he was opposed to the war in 2002 when the vote was happening?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »
I think that Hillary should stay in the race until the convention.
There is no good reason for her to drop out.  I hear few calls for Huckabee to resign.
I don't think that a 'phony smile' is any sort of valid issue. Voting to give Juniorbush authorization for the war was dumb, and  do fault her for that. If she were a man, most of the hate she seems to attract would just not be there. There are a lot of people who simply cannot abide the idea of a female president. Since they cannot say this without sounding like retrograde creeps, they have this unwarranted hate thing.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »
There are a lot of people who simply cannot abide the idea of a female president. Since
they cannot say this without sounding like retrograde creeps, they have this unwarranted hate thing.

I have a friend that is a Democrat and he says he would "never vote a women in to be President".
However I would love to be able to vote for President women like Margaret Thatcher, Ann Coulter,
Kay Bailey Hutchison, Michelle Malkin, Lynne Cheney, Elizabeth Dole, ect..
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 03:50:51 PM »
Any rightwing fool will make you happy, no matter how utterly disastrous a politician they would make.
Maggie Thatcher is pushing 90, Anne Coulter has made a career insulting people and putting her foot in her foul  mouth, Lynne Cheney has no experience being elected to anything, and that's all the same to you.

You don't want good government, you want something more like the World Wrestling Federation.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 04:21:21 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Rich

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »
>>Obama never voted on the war. It is easy to claim that he would not have voted the way most of the Democrats did, but the fact is that he never voted for or against it.<<

Actually Obama said he never got the same kind of information Mrs. Clinton received, so he admits he oppsed the war out of ignorance.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 05:48:57 PM »
from the Wikipedia article "Barak Obama" - -

<<Obama was an early opponent of Bush administration policies on Iraq.[102] On October 2, 2002, the day Bush and Congress agreed on the joint resolution authorizing the Iraq War,[103] Obama addressed the first high-profile Chicago anti-Iraq War rally in Federal Plaza,[104] saying:

<<   I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of Al Qaeda. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.[105]

<<On March 16, 2003, the day Bush issued his 48-hour ultimatum to Saddam Hussein to leave Iraq before the U.S. invasion of Iraq,[106] Obama addressed the largest Chicago anti-Iraq War rally to date in Daley Plaza and told the crowd "It's not too late" to stop the war.[107]

<<Obama sought to make his early public opposition to the Iraq War before it started a major issue in his 2004 U.S. Senate campaign to distinguish himself from his Democratic primary rivals who supported the resolution authorizing the Iraq War,[108] and in his 2008 U.S. Presidential campaign to distinguish himself from four Democratic primary rivals who voted for the resolution authorizing the Iraq War (Senators Clinton, Edwards, Biden, and Dodd).[109]>>

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Hillary give up, the media as anointed the chosen one
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 09:00:24 PM »
Juniorbush has been an utter disaster with regard to foreign relations. If Obama were elected, this would surely signal an end to the aggressive Juniorbush legacy, and would do a lot to restore good relations.  Electing McCain would not have nearly as beneficial an effect, and Hillary would be somewhere in between.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2008, 09:17:07 PM »
Translated from a far left liberal.....the further left the Government goes, the better.  Wow....who'd a thunk it?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2008, 11:15:47 PM »
I don't think that Obama is farther left than Hillary. Actually, he's more moderate, which explains how he can outraise her in funds. He would  still be a boon in improving relationships with oher countries, because of who he is, which is racially similar to Third Worlders.

McCain wants war. Most of the rest of the world opposes it, especially preemptive war like Iraq. This would tend to make him unpopular with other countries that do not believe in preemptive war.

Stop blathering about left and right. This is true and you have to know it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 01:32:32 AM »
I don't think that Obama is farther left than Hillary. Actually, he's more moderate, which explains how he can outraise her in funds.

LOL....that MIGHT work on ignorant independents, Xo, but anyone that even remotely scrutinizes both his voting record and stump speech rhetoric, will be coming to quite the contrary conclusion

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 09:48:13 AM »
He barely has a voting record. His speeches are not only vague, but beyond vague.

His health care plan is probably more like what we will eventually end up with, he has no clear energy policy-none of them do, and he won't say exactly what he would do to end the war in Iraq. But I am sure it's be over sooner than if McCain were elected.

There is a reason why he is getting more money than Hillary, and that suggests that he is further to the right than she is: that is where the big money lives, on the right. They know that many will want to punish the GOP for foisting the unspeakably incompetent Juniorbush and the thieving Cheney on us, and they are hedging their bets. They know that Bill is one clever politician, and he is too old and too wise for any more Monicas.

I have no choice as to whom the nominee will be. I voted for Edwards in the possibly meaningless FL primary.
I think I would prefer Hillary over Obama by a small margin.

McCain wants more war, possibly Iran. We have had enough GOP crap for a while. All they will do is stall legislation if McCain is elected, and things really have to be done.

McCain was many times better than Juniorbush. I am not sure that he would have invaded Iraq, because it seems that Juniorbush's evidence was trumped up and cherry picked to justify the invasion. McCain probably would have had the balls to have stood up to the oligarchy in 2000, certainly more than Juniorbush, who willingly offered every orifice to them to plumb. That's why he didn't get the nomination.

I fear more fraud and foul play in the 2008 elections by the Oligarchy-led GOP, and I think they are not above assassination. They have the means to do both, and their morals are pretty much nonexistent.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:51:20 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 09:57:32 AM »
There is a reason why he is getting more money than Hillary, and that suggests that he is further to the right than she is: that is where the big money lives, on the right.

Is that why Democrats have raised more money than Republicans for a number of elections now?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 10:06:54 AM »
The Democrats have raised more money in THIS election because the odds are they will win. Who wants to finance a loser?

The Republicans really big donors almost certainly have many ways of passing money along unrecorded. Businesses are adept at this.