Author Topic: Will Barack Hussein Obama have to step down? Hillary are ya ready?  (Read 2060 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Will Barack Hussein Obama have to step down? Hillary are ya ready?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 03:01:49 PM »
In 2004, it was pointed out that both Cheney and Juniorbush were Texans, which meant that the electoral votes of Texas would be forfeited to them.

Actually not. The Texas delegation would have to vote Bush for President, and someone else for Vice President, or they could for Cheney for Vice President and someone else for President. If they voted for some one else for Vice President then Cheney would have still have had the majority of votes, I believe. But moving his legal residence avoided that issue.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »
But moving his legal residence avoided that issue.

========================================
I seriously doubt that anyone else has transferred their state citizenship so rapidly in Wyoming.

Cheney could have still had as much influence as he had as VP theoretically. I don't think that he would have had more votes had the Texas delegation voted for someone else. Lieberman would probably have had more, unless the Democrats voted for Cheney.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »
I seriously doubt that anyone else has transferred their state citizenship so rapidly in Wyoming.

If you already have residences, it just takes moments.

I have a house in Minnesota and a house in North Carolina. For voting purposes, changing my legal residence takes about 15 minutes to fill out a form.

I'm sure Cheney still had a house in Wyoming that he went to occasionally. For voting, you don't have to live in a place for any length of time - just sign a form saying that you will not vote anywhere else as long as you're voting from that residence.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »
Cheney finagled a deal that I am sure the Founding Fathers would not have agreed with.
Of course, Cheney was no more a representation of the thoughts of Wyoming people than Texans.

He was and is, the featherless biped version of the military-industrial complex, a being too horrific for even Quincy Adams to visualize in his blackest nightmares.
===================================
Will Barak Obama have to step down?

No.

----------------
Hillary, are ya ready?

Yes.

I'd vote for Hillary, too.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."