Author Topic: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack!  (Read 20271 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack!
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »
Oh so when CU claimed that Bush BushCo were the same thing and you referred to his posts as having set me straight was i wrong to assume that you and he were in agreement on that very issue.

So now are you saying that Bush lied and BushCo lying are not the same thing?

Oh and did you retract your statement concerning Bear claiming that Bush personally lied?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2012, 07:34:07 PM »
I'll refer you , CU, to your selling of the used car.

Again the analogy does not work.

If the car breaks down after you were assured it was in good shape, and you in turn assured the buyer that it was in good shape, did you lie? Did CUCo lie? Did anyone lie?

H claimed someone lied.
But he can't back up the claim....
You ask SIRS to back up his claim,
where is your passion to ask H to back up his admitted claim?
is H lying about this?
I don't know? Lying is often difficult to prove.
I'd like to know where & who has ever proven that Bush/BushCo lied?
Did the bipartisan 9/11 Commission?
Did any US Court of Law and a ruling upheld?
Did the US Congress?

You hammer SIRS about "Now i have seen no evidence of this claim"
But have you BT seen substaniated evidence that Bush/BushCo lied?
If so please provide the US Court, US Congressional, or 911 Commission finding of this?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:48:36 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »
So let's list the sequence.

Sirs claims Bear claimed Bush personally lied us into war.

Bear says he didn't. He did admit that he thought BushCo lied and that might be what was confusing Sirs.

Sirs claims Bear is backing away from his position that Bush personally lied, by claiming that saying BushCo lied is the same as saying Bush personally lied.

I asked how one can back away from a position one never had. Sirs thinks I'm picking on him. You go off on some tangent about boredom and "define is"

Strange days indeed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2012, 10:08:18 PM »
I know, I just ruined Bsb's day.  Sorry big fella, just clearing up a few loose ends

Oh so when CU claimed that Bush BushCo were the same thing and you referred to his posts as having set me straight was i wrong to assume that you and he were in agreement on that very issue.

So now are you saying that Bush lied and BushCo lying are not the same thing
?

So "now" nothing....I never said anything to the contrary, prior.  More of exactly what you were claiming I was doing...apparently you're thinking something along the lines of what you thought I meant.  Still confused I see...or worse, you know better, but still pushing this irrelevant issue anyways.  Interesting

Oh and did you retract your statement concerning Bear claiming that Bush personally lied?

Not that anything needs "retracting", as it's been modified appropriately based on his own answer......Bushco apparently lied us into war....minus of course any actual facts to back it up
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »
Isn't it customary when falsely accusing someone of something you can not prove, to retract that accusation once more enlightenment has been provided?

Bear went back as far as '06 and didn't see where he claimed that Bush personally and purposely lied us into war. You went back as far as __________ and came up with_________?

I don't know if you bothered to search or anyone else bothered to search but i am still confused as how one can back away from a position they never had.

But that's ok.

It's really not that important.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »
I think I am developing parceaphobia.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »
Okay BT and Sirs...

After looking back again at my posts mentioning 'Bush lied' since 2006, I still can't find one where I said Bush, himself, personally, lied us into a war with Iraq. I also can't find one where I said specifcally that Bushco did, either...

Though this may be of interest, from August 08. It pretty much covers part of what I think went on, the other part being that someone in the administration was pushing the false information as legitimate intel:

http://debategate.com/new3dhs/3dhs/out-damn-blot/msg71669/#msg71669
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »
Damn Bear . That was a hell of a thread.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »

I used to have more time, and interest, to chase down details. Nowadays, not so much. But I am patient. Then, six years after we invaded Iraq, details were still coming out. That's why I am not in such a rush over what happened in Libya. The investgators will investigate, the bureaucrats will bluster, but the truth will come out.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2012, 11:13:39 PM »
I'll have to see what Ray McGovern is up to these days now that a dem is in office. Wonder if he is protesting the use of drones.

But that thread covered everything from krispy kritters to Uncle Tom to Marxism and the means of production.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2012, 02:51:50 AM »

While you 2 continue to focus on Bush & Bushco, as it relates to the specific verbage lied us into war, when you check out some of those old threads, especially in their entirety, IN CONTEXT, the overwhelming theme of so many of H's posts specifically referenced how dishonest Bush & Bushco were supposedly being, supposedly cherry picking only the intel they wanted to use.  Bush this supposed dunce, able to rally all these countries, into accepting their version of what Saddam supposedly was, though in some way, Bushco knew it was largely bogus

Too bad the facts don't support much of of it.  So, let's get the biggie out of the way 1st....if we're understanding H's public position now, and by all means correct me if I'm "putting words in your mouth", neither Bush nor Bushco (which is apparently Cheney and Bush's advisers) lied us into war.  Neither Bush nor Bushco knew Saddam had no WMD, but took us into Iraq with the bogus claim that he did.   Correct??

So, what's left is 3-fold

1st, the intel.  FACT is the intelligence community of most every nation, had concluded that Saddam did indeed have a WMD stockpile.  I believe that even included the UN.  Now, many of these nations didn't think it necessary to go into Iraq, but that's a different issue......that'll be addressed in a moment.  Point being that MOST folks believed that Saddam still had his WMD stockpiles.  Yes, there were SOME sources that claimed uncertainty, some doubt, but THAT would have been cherry picking, as that was significant minority, while the predominance of the intel had claimed the contrary

2nd, the intent.  THIS is an area that can be considered controversial, since it can be argued that Bush was far more willing to take military action, than let's say a Senator Kerry or a VP Gore.  That's a judgement call, and neither nefarious or dishonest.  Following 911, and I support the decision fully, BASED ON THE INTEL, it would have been grossly irresponsible NOT to have gone into Iraq because......

3rd, the connections.  This is the area most controversial, since its also based on intel, that could be seen as cherry picked.  Iraq indeed had both direct and indirect connections to Islamic terrorist organizations, including Al-Qeada connected folks.  this of course is at the heart of many who despise Bush, and claim there were no connections.  Our fine friend Ami provided this convenient post highlighting the connections in a report.  No one is argueing an "operational connection" between the Iraq and Al-Qeada, merely that the connections were there.  And following 911, in which Al-Qeada terrorists killed 3000 Americans with box cutters, the thought of what they might do if they could manage to buy/aquire some of Saddam's WMD's, that most rationally minded folks thought he had, was unthinkable

So, one can argue a bad call, even bad judgement, (though not really credible given the intel at the time) but dishonest??  Facts don't support that, no matter how much you might hate Bush......oh sorry, Bushco
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2012, 03:56:10 AM »
The problem was never Iraq or its tin horn leader. In fact there are hospitals within a 1/2 hour drive from where I am that house deadlier viruses than Iraq ever had. The problem was, and still very much is, Pakistan. Pakistan is more dangerous than North Korea. Pakistan is more dangerous than Iran. And at the time we invaded Iraq Dick Cheney was a greater threat to the United States than Saddam Hussein was.

BTW, I started reading the old thread that Bear put up >>>UNTIL<<< Snowblower interjected racism, Vietnam, and all his other obsessions. What an asshole he was. 

BSB 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »
I tend to agree just how dangerous Pakistan is, and continues to be.  More so than NK?  That's debatable, though I'd also agree potentially more dangerous than Iran (at the moment).  However we'll leave the nonsense about Cheney being more dangerous to the U.S. than Saddam, to the Elvis factor

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2012, 06:35:10 AM »
If you are so worried about who/what/where the false information came from, you go back and dig through the archives, here and at antiwar.com, and you might, if you take your blinders off, find out. I have wasted enough time digging around and doing your research for you. I've already posted the information I had several times over through the years.

I could really care less anymore, other than to defend myself against your erroneous claims of what you think I said. And to tell the truth, I can see it is a waste of time pointing out even those facts to you. You are so wrapped up in having to be right, you refuse to acknowledge the truth and continue to look for some niggling little point to grasp onto. It's a game I am tired of playing.