Author Topic: Was Zimmerman a Home-Grown Militant?  (Read 7246 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Was Zimmerman a Home-Grown Militant?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 12:46:31 AM »
First of all, when did this  >>the gun went off by accident during a wrestling match for possession of it<< come up, and what is the source? If he was protected under the give no ground law, which is what we've been lead to believe, that implies he shot to kill.

At this point it is speculation. Zimmerman was down. Martin was on top of him smashing his head on the pavement. This is backed by testimony and witnesses.

If you are beating a guy would you be aware of movements by that guy, would you feel the gun on your leg as you straddled him. Would you go for it at the same time Zimmerman was?

That part is speculation, but is plausible. Forensics might help complete the picture. 

I would like to live in a society where every random event is not overtly politicized to the point that the facts play second fiddle to the narrative.

And you and I have been around long enough to know that that is exactly what is happening. This one is a two fer race and gun control.

BSB

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »
>>would you feel the gun on your leg<<

In my case that would depend on which leg.

BSB

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »
I know most of the people who carry don't know what they're doing.

===================================
Well said! There is a reason people should not be allowed to own their own personal bazookas and heat-seeking missile launchers.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »
So you don't trust in the competence of the state to test and license gun owners?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
I do not trust whomever tested Zimmerman or the guy that shot Gabi Gifford, or the process by which they were issued gun permits, no.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
Loughner had a permit to carry??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2012, 11:17:25 PM »
Is this incident being used? Sure, by some, assholes are assholes. But it does speak quite eloquently to several issues. Should a neighbourhood watchman carry a firearm? What are your responsibilities as a civilian when you carry a concealed weapon? How effective, and predictable, can the licensing of concealed carry permits really be? What kind of training should be mandated to possessors of concealed carry permits, if any? Should they be required to undergo further training every time the permit is reissued, or even more often perhaps?

This incident never should have happened. Fault can, at this time, be found in all camps. The watchman, the young teenager, and the police. I think we can agree, this is a tragedy, and in response to tragedy we should search for ways to lessen the possibility of it happening again.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 12:11:23 AM »
I know most of the people who carry don't know what they're doing.

===================================
Well said! There is a reason people should not be allowed to own their own personal bazookas and heat-seeking missile launchers.

The same reason that most people should not be allowed to have cars and computers.

You can cause a lot of harm with those things, only persons who can prove legitamate need and demonstrate competance and responsibility to a state agency should be allowed access to any thing dangerous.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2012, 11:33:59 AM »
Cars have lots more use than a gun, so do computers.

A gun is more like a bazooka than a car or a computer.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2012, 11:52:38 AM »
Is this incident being used? Sure, by some, assholes are assholes. But it does speak quite eloquently to several issues. Should a neighbourhood watchman carry a firearm?

If he's followed the laws of the jurisdiction, and fulfilled all requirements to do so, absolutely

This incident never should have happened.

NOT because he had a CCW, but by the bad judgement call of apparently following Martin

I'm still waiting to see this validation to the claim that Loughner had a CCW
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2012, 02:19:14 PM »
If Zimmerman could not buy a gun, he would not have had a gun. The same is true of Loughner.

He who has no bazooka, cannot incinerate their fellow men with a bazooka.

He who has no gun, shoots no one.

The permit is not the issue. Packing a gun is the issue. No gun, no shooting.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »
If Zimmerman could not buy a gun, he would not have had a gun. The same is true of Loughner.

Minus the idiocy of trying to interject bazookas, into the conversation, why would Zimmerman not be allowed to exercise his 2nd amendment right in buying a gun??

And where's this proof of Loughner's CCW, that you're trying so desperately to apply as similar to what's happened with Zimmerman??  "I do not trust whomever tested Zimmerman or the guy that shot Gabi Gifford, or the process by which they were issued gun permits, no"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »
Who made the claim that Loughner had a CCW?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »
Are you not paying attention?  I even included the quote by Xo.  What else is a permit used for, as it relates to guns.....that'd be a CCW permit

Or are you just trying to be argumentative with me, to take some light off your asanine racist claims with the cartoon?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Loughner was permitted to purchase the firearms after a federal criminal history check.

I would be permitted to buy a Glock and not have a need for a CCW.

So no one claimed that Loughner had a CCW.

K