Author Topic: Wolfowitz resignation deal?  (Read 3017 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wolfowitz resignation deal?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 06:33:23 PM »
When someone gets a sh*tload more money, it is certainly a favor.

Was she making so little at the bank that she could not pay the rent?  What is the deal here?

How is it that the State Department just happened to note this pressing need for her right at the time she had to leave the Wo0rld Bank?

Doesn't that sound like a real coincidence to you?

Has anything like this ever happened to you? I know it hasn't happened to me.

But the real story here is Wolfie. He can't continue to run the World Bank because no one there respects him.

Either we have an ineffectual, unproductive WB with him nominally in charge, or we have a possible effective WB without him. That's the real issue.

As for the relocated Iranian, she's not really important, other than perhaps being overpaid.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:37:13 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »
The WB EThics commission recommended the transfer as the best way to avoid conflict. According to the story they also adjusted recommended her new salary. When they revisited the situation they also again gave Wolkowitz a clean ethical bill of health.

he WB has a different salary scale than state and she is on loan to state but paid by the WB. Condi's salary is not relevant to the situation.

Similar situations have happened with me.It is why people networking is worthwhile, both when looking for work and moving up the ladder.

When i was in computer sales i woud love it when a purchaser switched companies. Because nine times out of ten i got a new customer out of it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 06:58:48 PM »
The WB EThics commission recommended the transfer as the best way to avoid conflict. According to the story they also adjusted recommended her new salary. When they revisited the situation they also again gave Wolkowitz a clean ethical bill of health.

==========================================================
But the fact remains: he can't govern. He's toast.

The WB has a different salary scale than state and she is on loan to state but paid by the WB. Condi's salary is not relevant to the situation.

Doesn't it seem a tad weird that the World Bank should be paying a State Department employee's salary?

I think it would be nice for them to pay MY salary as well. At their pay scale of course. It wouldn't be relevant that I might be making more than the President of my university, either.

Again, perhaps this broad is the Second Coming Incarnate and deserves a bazillion more.

======================
BUT... The issue is whether Wolfie will go, and when.

We all know why.

It was a dumb idea to appoint him.

He won't have a problem finding gainful employment: he could write a book, he could get a lot of offers from corporations, especially those who sell stuff to Israel.

It's time for Wolfie to depart.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 07:06:33 PM »
Doesn't it seem a tad weird that the World Bank should be paying a State Department employee's salary?

Not really. BellSouth still pays their executive salaries when their execs are loaned to the united way for a year or so.

She was transferred to the State Department to work on a grass-roots democracy project that has been praised by Secretary Condoleezza Rice. And the transfer was recommended by the ethics committee.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 07:15:26 PM »
Not really. BellSouth still pays their executive salaries when their execs are loaned to the united way for a year or so.

A poor comparison: this is done for the tax deduction. There are no tax deductions involved in the Reza deal.

=======================
She was transferred to the State Department to work on a grass-roots democracy project that has been praised by Secretary Condoleezza Rice. And the transfer was recommended by the ethics committee.

What sort of grass-roots democracy has occurred due to her presence? 

Have free elections in Togo occurred as a result, one asks?

Perhaps a city council election in Chowpatty, Lhasa, Zamboanga or Ougadougou?
-----------------------------------------------------------
If the ethics committee approved paying my salary, would that not be considered a tad weird?

But once more, the main issue is that Wolfie must go. They hater his guts at the World Bank. They know him better than we do.

I don't think much of him, and I've never met him.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 12:42:02 AM »
But once more, the main issue is that Wolfie must go

And apparently he is negotiating the terms of his departure. But even that simple business transaction has the hyenas howling.

Much ado about nada.